share your NSV for today!

Options

Replies

• DivineDiva22
    DivineDiva22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have one from yesterday that I'm still so proud of:

First meeting with the personal trainer yesterday. She was putting me through a mini workout to see where I am at. Then close to the end of the workout she smirked and said "My my my... You're a fit little bug, aren't you?!?!? Can't wait to push you to the limit!" I'd never been complimented about being "fit", especially by a personal trainer! *happy dance*

Today, after showering at the gym I was passing by a full length mirror and I notice there is a little less "cottage cheese" (cellulite) on my inner thighs!!! Yay! I was always a little self conscious about it! *happy dance*
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    my feet didn't scream in agony when I got out of bed and put my shoes on, this I consider an enormous NSV!
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    From yesterday:
    My school had a "Shrinking Jeans Challenge" that ended, and I took the top place in 2 out of 3 categories - weight lost, and inches lost.

I'm also a water baby, so when I swim, I like watching my over all time drop. Start of the semester I could barely finish 2 "sets" (100 m each breaststroke, freestyle, back stroke, side stroke), and now, I'm swimming 4 sets (swapping the side stroke for the butterfly!) in under an hour! Even the light day yesterday (all breast stroke) was 45 minutes with 2 - 5 BREATH pauses, I finished 1200 meters in 45 minutes! What an improvement!

On going - just had to completely replace my wardrobe for this spring and summer with a size smaller (as of mid February), and when I went by a full length mirror yesterday, I noticed the pants were "frowning" in the back all ready. (Sadly, the waist is still the right size, so can't go down another size yet. Soon though!)
  • CapnDonkey
    CapnDonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Just got finished my morning workout and as I was doing my last set of dips, my workout buddy comes over and points at the mirror next to us and said "what are those little guys right there?" Confused, he pulled up my shirt sleeve and said "look at your arms, dummy." And there they were. Clear, defined ridges in my tricep area. It's no horseshoe (YET!), but when I flex my arm downwards, my triceps are CLEARLY VISIBLE. At 6'2", 331lb and 36yo, I am thrilled.
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    I pushed through a 3 mile walk in under an hour in 38 degree weather. It's not fast, but I didn't wuss out and quit!!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    One more. my boss just told me I look slimmer. Only day 10 of Insanity and people are noticing. Still have not lost a single pound since I started.
  • isayweloseit
    Options
    went out for a meal today with my family and didn't order dessert! :) (came sooooo close though)
  • debbieled32
    Options
    the rolls on my back are almost gone
  • MelyndaWaldner
    MelyndaWaldner Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    my coworkers are commenting on how much weight I have lost... I am only down 12lbs since January but feel amazing..
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Hip bones!
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm comfortably wearing a size 4 pants :happy:
  • gold566
    gold566 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My NSV today is the most amazing phone call I just got from my 18 year old son. He is 6'8", 320lbs, and has high cholesterol. He has been struggling with weight since he was 8 years old. Told him about MFP, even emailed him a few success stories with a note about what I have been doing. Didn't hear from him for a week, figured I upset him once again since this is a sensitive topic for him. He called me just now and said, "Mom, it's time I get serious about this and lose the weight". I can't even put into words what this means to me. Whatever my successes are they will never be as great as the influence and impact my journey has on my son.
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    my coworkers are commenting on how much weight I have lost... I am only down 12lbs since January but feel amazing..
    Me too! Great job!
    I get frustrated when the scale doesn't move when I want it to but then people comment that they can tell I've lost weight. I, too feel amazing!
  • Ajasper83
    Ajasper83 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My really fit, older coworker complimented me today by saying how good I look in my jeans! I'll take that compliment any day!
  • Xianpu27
    Xianpu27 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Went shopping for a new dress today, I haven't gone shopping in ages because it would always end up with me in tears because nothing would fit me right! Well today I was stunned when I tried on size 12 dresses and they were actually gaping on me so I had to get 10s instead! For the first time in ages I looked at myself in the changing room mirrors and KIND OF liked what I saw.

Result! :smile:
  • stnyco
    stnyco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fifteen days in a row of logging my food! It's a babystep, but it's a beginning.
  • SylLab
    SylLab Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This morning I was looking for a pair of pants to wear when I saw a size 4 pair of jeans that I had put on top of my closet to return whenever I got the chance because they were too small. Tried them on, they actually fit!!! So happy to be wearing them!
  • gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I got my Fitbit September 24, 2012. Today I got my badge for 1,000 miles.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    My 18 month old ran up a wheel chair ramp with my wife in pursuit. I thought I would run up the stairs and surprise him at the top. When I got to him I realized I took all the steps two or three at a time. Last month I never would have done that.
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    The jeans I put on today didn't fit when i started. Today I can take them off without undoing buttons!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!