share your NSV for today!

Options

Replies

• srhprkr87
    srhprkr87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing skinny jeans at work for the first time ever, and I'm wearing them with confidence!
  • dizzzy33
    dizzzy33 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm stupid. What is NSV?

Thank you for asking ... I was wondering too! :embarassed:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    My Non-Scale Victory: Three years ago I was wearing size 18 and today for the first time since high school I'm wearing size 8.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Two yesterday:

1. Wore a pair of size 12 slacks to work for the first time in almost 2 years.

2. Was approached by TWO guys I work with yesterday because they wanted to know WHAT i have been doing to drop the weight. Then said, "I hope you don't take offense, but you have lost a LOT of weight!" *snicker* So I sent them both the link to MFP, and the link to Scooby's TDEE calculator. :bigsmile:
  • dizzzy33
    dizzzy33 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    As the father of a Brownie and a Daisy, the Girl Scout cookies this year were everywhere — in the kitchen, garage; I even lugged them to my office to sell to co-workers. And through all of it, I ate only 1 cookie (a Lemonade) and didn't have any cravings!

I had them everywhere too, lugged them all over town and into the office to sell. I only ate two cookies - also lemonades! I was so proud of myself!
  • KetoDebbie912
    KetoDebbie912 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1. Put my jeans on straight out of the dryer and they are very loose!

2. Noticed my muffin top is disappearing.
  • wonderbolt
    Options
    There are iced cupcakes EVERYWHERE at work today for Comic Relief and I brought 4, put them in my lunchbox and gave them to my Dad. I would've eaten at least 8 myself a few weeks ago
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    A co-worker complimented me this morning saying that he can see a change in me since starting my new lifestyle 4 weeks ago!
    It is really nice when others notice the results of all your efforts even when you don't "see" them yet!
  • katnord
    katnord Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just realized I am out of holes on my favorite belt... :-)
  • NancyStree
    NancyStree Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This sight is very encouraging. I need to measure myself so I'm not just looking at weight loss!!! This is my 3rd day here...
  • bucketbott
    bucketbott Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I love reading these! You are all doing amazingly! :)

Mine today was I put on a blouse that zips up the side. When I got it, it was a bit difficult to zip it up all the way. I put it on for the first time in about a month expecting the same zipper difficulty. Nope! It zipped up, no problem! I guess I lost weight from my... ribs? Yay!
  • ChasingAmyLiz
    ChasingAmyLiz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    My "skinny" jeans are loose!!

I'm a mere 10 lbs away from the skinniest I've been in my adult life.

WINNING!
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    This sight is very encouraging. I need to measure myself so I'm not just looking at weight loss!!! This is my 3rd day here...

I've been back on here almost 4 weeks and I haven't weighed myself once! I tend to get scale obsesive, or discourged, so I am avoiding it! Taking my new measurements today
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I got 15reps for most of my lifts today without feeling like limbs would drop off :-)
  • salgalbp
    salgalbp Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Since 7/26/11 I've been working on doing a push-up. A REAL one, nose to the mat, no break in form, no rear end in the air, full fledge push-up!
    I had a double mastectomy and my chest muscles just wouldn't ever allow me to do a push-up. Well I've been working hard to develope my shoulders, back, chest and arms and last night at the gym I did a REAL ONE!!!!! YAY FOR ME! Now I'd like to do 5 real ones in a row and I'm going to work on a pull up/chin up :)
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I loaded and unloaded the 15kg (33lb) plates onto the Olympic bar today. Up until now I've been too weak to manhandle them even though I could do the lifts with them on and have had to use 10kg + 5kg. It wasn't pretty, but I did it!
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm stupid. What is NSV?
    Non-scale victory.

I'm new too and I thought it was "New Small Victory". :) I guess it could be that too!
  • LozPenguin
    LozPenguin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Scale hasn't moved in a month, but I'm down a pants size! Huzzah!!! Busting out of a size 28 a year and a half ago. Just bought (and fit into!) size 6 jeans last night!

This is really encouraging, as I've felt lately the scales won't budge; yet weirdly I woke up this morning and felt smaller! I'm just going to keep going and nevermind the temperamental scale. Well done you've lost heaps!! :tongue:

My NSV for today was going into a shop I buy clothes at regularly, and I'm usually a large; when I was bigger even large was often too tight for me. Today, I was happily surprised to fit comfortably into a medium! And out of curiosity I tried a small and even an XS. They both fit, just snug in the arms (and the XS showed a bit more belly-roll than I'd like lol.)
    But the fact I could get them on at all was cool. Usually I wouldn't have a chance at getting them over my shoulders. :)

Can't wait til I can wear a small with confidence!
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm dating a super hot puerto rican soldier at my work. Never would've gotten him with my old school "fat girl" status, lol.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    64 push-ups in one set - new best (as an old bloke, not PB).
    Incredible increase of 1 over previous best two weeks ago! :angry:

Should hit 100 by Christmas at this rate of progression.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!