Convince me Pop Tarts & ice cream are bad.

Options

Replies

• Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts are bad because they taste horrible.

Ice cream I have no beef with.

CR... I may have to delete you off my FL for this Absurd comment :-)
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options

I was going to say the same.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

This! switch Pop tarts for something that actually tastes good. Like a chocolate croissant!
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. I lost 20lb and was within a pound of my first goal by simply staying under my calorie/fat goals. I didn't obsess about micro (and barely even macro) nutrients. And because I'm busy (I know, so is everyone) I do rely on a lot of processed foods. And there were days when I'd eat a candy bar, and I'd skip dinner to make up for it. I know I know, that's "SO BAD FOR ME".

But then I started feeling that it was "bad" that I didn't eat more fresh/clean food. So I spent on a month on a strict meal plan that was mostly fresh fruits/veggies with small amounts of lean protein, etc etc. I spent a ton at the grocery store, and cooked every meal myself from scratch. So instead of eating a Lean Cuisine for dinner, I'd eat grilled salmon with brown rice and a salad, for example.

My total caloric intake remained the same. My exercise routine stayed the same.

And what happened? I gained 7lb in 4wk.

so I'm back to my old method- eating whatever crappy food I want, as long as I stay under goal, and I'm losing again.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say my "healthy" diet is "bad for you", but just that my "very frowned upon by the MFP world" diet works better for me.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    They're pure evil. Tasty, delectable evil.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    They are bad because they lack bacon. DUH!

pop-tarts-and-bacon-sandwich-450x366.jpg

Ew that bacon is totally raw
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Oh, there's no way I'm missing this one.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Question: by what method have you determined a daily calorie goal of 4000kcal? I would say that a calorie intake of 4000 for you is a recipe for 1.5lbs/week or more of weight gain... was this a mistake?

The scale not moving at 4000 calories a day is my indicator.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

I've never tried beef ice cream.

You're in luck.

http://www.foodchannel.com/articles/article/860-flavors-of-ice-cream-including-beef-cheddar-a/
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    It's not a big deal if you are eating (and burning) 3000-4000 calories per day. People that are questioning your choices probably don't consider this. For many who are eating less than 2000 calories a day, 800 calories every day from pop tarts and ice cream is a problem. Don't ask me to defend that assertion. I am pretty sure we all recognize this to be common sense.

Couldn't really agree more.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    I'd comment, but I can't find it in me to get up in your business if you're happy with your life. Bet your toddler loves that stuff too.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

I've never tried beef ice cream.

You're in luck.

http://www.foodchannel.com/articles/article/860-flavors-of-ice-cream-including-beef-cheddar-a/

Do they do mail order?
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    If I could eat 4,000 calories a day I'd be having pop tarts and ice cream too. And lots of other "bad" things, too. As long as your nutritional values are being met, who cares?
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i stopped eating Pop Tarts & ice cream and lost ....please look below O_O
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    A diet like yours in smaller amounts made me pre diabetic cause my body couldn't cope with all the sugar, so i'll stick with thinking they are bad. ;(

Plus sorbet and frozen yoghurt tastes nicer than ice cream

Poptarts don't do it for me, i don't get the fascination with them =/
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    high sugar.... lots of it.
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Serving size of PopTart is half of one packet, so really you need to be doubling your stats on that. I was stupefied when I read the label!!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Question: by what method have you determined a daily calorie goal of 4000kcal? I would say that a calorie intake of 4000 for you is a recipe for 1.5lbs/week or more of weight gain... was this a mistake?

The scale not moving at 4000 calories a day is my indicator.

as a petit woman, I am insanely jealous.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I only have one question for you....

How did you come up with this measure?????

Ben and Jerrys - Pumpkin Cheesecake Icecream, 0.22499999403953552 container
  • Docmahi
    Docmahi Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    seriously - i would say i eat something 'unhealthy' everyday - if i didn't I would go insane

I have ice cream on the reg