Convince me Pop Tarts & ice cream are bad.

Options

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    "at the end of the day you have to WANT to do what you're doing."

Of all the things I've read today - this has a ton of truth. Those that think they need more motivation, need more people to push them, are sadly mistaken. It must come from the inside. Otherwise, you fail again.

Totally true. And as some here know, it's not about motivation. It's about dedication and action. Deciding what's important to you and doing it, whether you feel like it or not on any given day.

How is that different than motivation?

My point is that even with all the people in the whole world cheering me on, it will not make me stick to my exercise routine or my eating plan. It's about what I want and how badly I want it. That's all.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Of all the things I've read today - this has a ton of truth. Those that think they need more motivation, need more people to push them, are sadly mistaken. It must come for the inside. Otherwise, you fail again.

Totally true. And as some here know, it's not about motivation. It's about dedication and action. Deciding what's important to you and doing it, whether you feel like it or not on any given day.

Motivation is a feeling. Dedication is an action. If one waits on the feeling to take the action, you are missing the dedication. This is why some feel they need someone to push them. They are looking for a feeling or a force outside of their own will. There are multiple threads started about this everyday. IMHO, the whole motivation thing is a trap and a sucker's game.

With dedication, you do it no matter how you are feeling because you decided that was the right thing to do well in advance. Some of my best gym days are like today. Had no motivation at all. Didn't feel like going but this is a gym day on the schedule that I decided would be best. No excuse. Got it done and when I got there and got warmed up, I had great energy and intensity and KILLED IT!

Action is the characteristic of the strong. Motivation is the refuge of the weak. Motivation comes and goes. Dedication and action are consistent. Big difference! Huge!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Of all the things I've read today - this has a ton of truth. Those that think they need more motivation, need more people to push them, are sadly mistaken. It must come for the inside. Otherwise, you fail again.

Motivation is a feeling. Dedication is an action. If one waits on the feeling to take the action, you are missing the dedication. This is why some feel they need someone to push them. They are looking for a feeling or a force outside of their own will. There are multiple threads started about this everyday. IMHO, the whole motivation thing is a trap and a sucker's game.

With dedication, you do it no matter how you are feeling because you decided that was the right thing to do well in advance. Some of my best gym days are like today. Had no motivation at all. Didn't feel like going but this is a gym day on the schedule that I decided would be best. No excuse. Got it done and when I got there and got warmed up, I had great energy and intensity and KILLED IT!

Action is the characteristic of the strong. Motivation is the refuge of the weak. Motivation comes and goes. Dedication and action are consistent. Big difference! Huge!

Okay, okay. :laugh: I don't know how one takes action without some type of motivation, but I'll concede the point.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Of all the things I've read today - this has a ton of truth. Those that think they need more motivation, need more people to push them, are sadly mistaken. It must come from the inside. Otherwise, you fail again.

My point is that even with all the people in the whole world cheering me on, it will not make me stick to my exercise routine or my eating plan. It's about what I want and how badly I want it. That's all.

I agree. Self motivation is usually better than external.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Case in point. No drama, just saying. If a message is delivered in an abrasive fashion it is less likely to be received. If you just want to be a keyboard warrior and shoot darts, help yourself. You have yourself a great day now.
    Thanks mom

Quite welcome sweetie. Care for a poptart?

I'll take a brownie for 200, Alex. :-P

Lolz! Excellent comeback. Besides, brownies haven't gotten much love in this thread. magerum, what you got against brownies man??

Good ones don't come in little travel packets like pop tarts! Otherwise, I've got nothing...

Special brownies in Amsterdam do!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I agree Poptarts tast like cardboard! Now if you said you made them yourself I wld say chomp away! Look bottom line we all need to eat something we 'like' and not necessarily good for us every now and then! Otherwise, you start to feel deprived and then you binge! Not good...a sensible treat and one planned with balance of good healthy foods and exercise won't kill anyone.

I went to a local bakery here in town where they make their own 'poptarts' to die for!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts alone are fine.

Ice cream alone is fine.

Combined they are trouble.

This story took place ages ago when I was in college visiting home. It was a nice Saturday morning and the family was having a nice normal breakfast. Me being stuck in the college mentality decided to have ice cream and pop tarts. My mother had an off hand comment about it but she didn't object, she just recommended that I at least heat the Pop Tarts and not eat them cold like a stoned hippy. So I started enjoying my ice cream bowl while I waited for the Tarts. Down the stairs came running trouble in the shape of my younger brother. My mother motioned him to his plate filled with eggs, beef hash and French toast, but it was too late cause like a hawk locked onto his prey so were my brother's eyes on my ice cream bowl.

A faded smile gave him and his intentions away, granted he was slick to say he needed ketchup from the fridge to justify walking towards my end of the table. But I knew that he hates ketchup!

The confirming act of the incoming attack was him grabbing my sister's spoon. And it began with a direct attack towards the center of my bowl of ice cream but I was ready fready! I slapped it away as a second and third attempt were made but none were fruitful into getting him a taste of my ice cream. At this point it's a full on wrestling match over the ice cream, but my brother wouldn't give up even as I DeSpooned him and he had no way of getting the delicious ice cream. So, like every desperate man he wanted a taste for all the effort he put in, and like a savage he reached with his fingers into the bowl.

I called on to the U.N or mother to deal with such savage unconventional attack, a quick "leave the hippy alone" directed at my brother stopped the ice cream bowl attacks. But like any soar loser he was not happy with the outcome, fate seemed to change cause at that very moment he contemplating what to do, if to accept defeat or retaliate somehow, the Pop Tarts popped out.

To him that was a for sure win as he was closer to the toaster and I had no way of stopping him before he would take a bite or two. So I immediately resorted to a combination of diplomacy, empty threats of violence, and even asking the UN for help. None of it mattered cause he had the determination in his eyes, so all I could do is watch as my Pop Tarts fell into enemy hands.

With his ice cream covered hand he reached for the Pop Tarts. What happened next is what convinced me Pop Tarts & ice cream are a bad combo. My brother screeched as he went flying from the counter and landing next to me. I was very confused as what had happened but I figured out as I saw the black burn marks on his fingers from the electric shock.

I don't know if this convinces you or anyone else about Pop Tarts & ice cream being bad, but my brother still doesn't eat pop tarts today.

This, this just may have convinced me.

I thought I convinced the OP on page 6, all those damn none thread reading *kitten* are just keeping this thread alive!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts alone are fine.

Ice cream alone is fine.

Combined they are trouble.

This story took place ages ago when I was in college visiting home. It was a nice Saturday morning and the family was having a nice normal breakfast. Me being stuck in the college mentality decided to have ice cream and pop tarts. My mother had an off hand comment about it but she didn't object, she just recommended that I at least heat the Pop Tarts and not eat them cold like a stoned hippy. So I started enjoying my ice cream bowl while I waited for the Tarts. Down the stairs came running trouble in the shape of my younger brother. My mother motioned him to his plate filled with eggs, beef hash and French toast, but it was too late cause like a hawk locked onto his prey so were my brother's eyes on my ice cream bowl.

A faded smile gave him and his intentions away, granted he was slick to say he needed ketchup from the fridge to justify walking towards my end of the table. But I knew that he hates ketchup!

The confirming act of the incoming attack was him grabbing my sister's spoon. And it began with a direct attack towards the center of my bowl of ice cream but I was ready fready! I slapped it away as a second and third attempt were made but none were fruitful into getting him a taste of my ice cream. At this point it's a full on wrestling match over the ice cream, but my brother wouldn't give up even as I DeSpooned him and he had no way of getting the delicious ice cream. So, like every desperate man he wanted a taste for all the effort he put in, and like a savage he reached with his fingers into the bowl.

I called on to the U.N or mother to deal with such savage unconventional attack, a quick "leave the hippy alone" directed at my brother stopped the ice cream bowl attacks. But like any soar loser he was not happy with the outcome, fate seemed to change cause at that very moment he contemplating what to do, if to accept defeat or retaliate somehow, the Pop Tarts popped out.

To him that was a for sure win as he was closer to the toaster and I had no way of stopping him before he would take a bite or two. So I immediately resorted to a combination of diplomacy, empty threats of violence, and even asking the UN for help. None of it mattered cause he had the determination in his eyes, so all I could do is watch as my Pop Tarts fell into enemy hands.

With his ice cream covered hand he reached for the Pop Tarts. What happened next is what convinced me Pop Tarts & ice cream are a bad combo. My brother screeched as he went flying from the counter and landing next to me. I was very confused as what had happened but I figured out as I saw the black burn marks on his fingers from the electric shock.

I don't know if this convinces you or anyone else about Pop Tarts & ice cream being bad, but my brother still doesn't eat pop tarts today.

This, this just may have convinced me.

I thought I convinced the OP on page 6, all those damn none thread reading *kitten* are just keeping this thread alive!

:drinker:
  • st1llx
    st1llx Posts: 17
    Options
    Ok it works for you and your goals op, but wouldn't work for me. I'm trying to get below 10%bf, and eating an insane amount of un-needed protein and carbs would never get me there...but you have different goals I guess. GL
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options

Case in point. No drama, just saying. If a message is delivered in an abrasive fashion it is less likely to be received. If you just want to be a keyboard warrior and shoot darts, help yourself. You have yourself a great day now.
    Thanks mom

Quite welcome sweetie. Care for a poptart?

I'll take a brownie for 200, Alex. :-P

Lolz! Excellent comeback. Besides, brownies haven't gotten much love in this thread. magerum, what you got against brownies man??

Good ones don't come in little travel packets like pop tarts! Otherwise, I've got nothing...

Special brownies in Amsterdam do!

I had "special" brownies back in college one time. :wink:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ok it works for you and your goals op, but wouldn't work for me. I'm trying to get below 10%bf, and eating an insane amount of un-needed protein and carbs would never get me there...but you have different goals I guess. GL

I am very confused by this post.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

this is a nice thread. lets not start fights.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

What??? I was saying I was confused. Please stop it with the jumping on my posts and trying to make out I am flame baiting. It is really really tiresome and very hypocritical.

Who appointed you the thread police anyway? Seems very rich coming from you.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

I don't think you are the one confused.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

What??? I was saying I was confused. Please stop it with the jumping on my posts and trying to make out I am flame baiting. It is really really tiresome and very hypocritical.

^ must not have read the whole thread... sorry bout that Sara - really wasn't attacking you. it was a joke. relax. lol
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

^ must not have read the whole thread... sorry bout that Sara - really wasn't attacking you. it was a joke. relax. lol

Fine - but back off. Its not funny.

Oh, and I did read the whole thread. My comment had absolutely nothing to do with you.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Oh, and I did read the whole thread. My comment had absolutely nothing to do with you.

never again will I make jokes in your presence... i sincerely apologize...

back on track - so... actually i'm only gonna eat ONE pop tart tonight... since I hadn't been planning on it ahead of time, and the 68 carbs would screw me for my other meals today. 39 I can handle. :happy:
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

back on track - so... actually i'm only gonna eat ONE pop tart tonight... since I hadn't been planning on it ahead of time, and the 68 carbs would screw me for my other meals today. 39 I can handle. :happy:

39 x 2 = 78

(i sure hope correcting math mistakes isn't against site rules too)
  • CoachReddy
    Options

39 x 2 = 78

(i sure hope correcting math mistakes isn't against site rules too)
    hahaha yeeeaahhh... there's a reason I'm an actor. whoa.

thirty... four... is... what I meant... 34.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Just make your 'jokes' actual jokes rather than digs or out of context patronizing statements or accusations and we will be good