lack of compassion
    lack of curiosity
    being 100% vanilla
    not respecting me
    wearing crocs
  • subconscious_ink
    subconscious_ink Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    What would women think about a 500lb, 50 year old guy who won't settle for less than a ivy league educated 23 yr old lingerie model? He'd looks absolutely ridiculous!

Hm... I think it really depends on what *kind* of qualifications you set. To me, ANYONE who says "I will only date an ivy league educated 23 yr old lingerie model" sounds ridiculous and like kind of a douche, no matter how "hot" or "top tier" that person is.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    I hate to say it, but the number of deal breakers people have is directly related to how hot or good looking they are. Top tier women are picky because they can be. They can have all the requirements in the world and there will be guys out there that meet it. The same can be said for top tier alpha males.

I think what makes a lot of guys and girls laugh on here are people that have a laundry list of requirements when they really can't be picky themselves.

What would women think about a 500lb, 50 year old guy who won't settle for less than a ivy league educated 23 yr old lingerie model? He'd looks absolutely ridiculous!

Um, I think I am pretty attractive and my one "deal breaker" is no criminals. Yeah, so tell me more about your theory.

Wasn't referring to you. A lot of men and women on here had reasonable deal breaker list. Some lists just made me chuckle a little.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    generally disrespectful
    smoking
    acts like a giant douche
    would require more caretaking than my child

I'm glad I'm not dating, I think it's pretty scary out there.

must add: criminal, jobless, homeless, carless, lazy.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it, but the number of deal breakers people have is directly related to how hot or good looking they are. Top tier women are picky because they can be. They can have all the requirements in the world and there will be guys out there that meet it. The same can be said for top tier alpha males.

I think what makes a lot of guys and girls laugh on here are people that have a laundry list of requirements when they really can't be picky themselves.

Um, I think I am pretty attractive and my one "deal breaker" is no criminals. Yeah, so tell me more about your theory.

I think you're hot, and I would totally date you.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm able to accept a lot for the right person, but dependency issues is a HUGE deal breaker for me. I just cannot stand clingy dudes. :explode:
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I think it is perfectly acceptable to want someone who is an equal match to you. If you are hot and shallow, go for someone hot and shallow. If you are uneducated, go for someone uneducated. If your taste in culture outweighs your physical attractiveness, go for someone who is the same.

For me, someone who may be more physically attractive than I am, but likes none of the same things, is less intelligent, does not share my sense of humor, is beneath me. I'm sure he would think me beneath him, because he does not understand what I care about and that physical attractiveness is not the thing I base my "tier" on.

I don't ask for anything I don't also offer.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    To think, I don't even have a list. I'm pretty sure my hot level just plummeted!!
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    To think, I don't even have a list. I'm pretty sure my hot level just plummeted!!

No way. Just got hotter.
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

married?
  • nitrogen_widget
    nitrogen_widget Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I really can't stand it when they don't answer my calls & don't call back.

total deal breaker for me.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

Nah. You're hot. :wink:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Wasn't referring to you. A lot of men and women on here had reasonable deal breaker list. Some lists just made me chuckle a little.

:huh:

I think you missed the point -- just because somebody isn't conventionally attractive doesn't mean they should have lower standards. Yes, some people have ridiculous requirements, but they are ridiculous for anyone, regardless of what they look like.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    LOL, thanks innerconflict and speshul

married?

Nope, but I have kids. A dealbreaker for you if I recall correctly! :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

I reserve my right to be picky.. even with my average looks and status.

Last guy I was seeing, I took him to a nice restaurant for dinner. He show up wearing but a Ninja Turtle Tee-shirt, jeans and gym shoes.. and then wondered why I was mad.

I need someone educated and on my level.. and I refuse to settle for anything less.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

I think you're totally hot and would date you.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    Options

I think you're totally hot and would date you.

Let's hook up. Can your hubby drive?
  • JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options
    I don't know that I really have any deal breakers. I have things I would prefer, I'd like a guy with tattoos, that likes comic books, and is funny. I would also prefer that he not be overtly violent or have an offensive odor, and it would be nice if he was able to form a complete sentence that is mostly free of grammatical error. I feel like if people have enough of the awesome stuff though, I can overlook some of the not so awesome. But, maybe I'm just not hot enough to have absurd standards?
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    Options

Let's hook up. Can your hubby drive?

His license was revoked.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Ugly feet...