Replies

• Twisted_Wrister
    Twisted_Wrister Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Buffalo = Chicken Wings
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Shrimp and Grits (I only like the grits in cake form, it's kinda like a cheese biscuit) and Seafood Boils are big here.

I'm from Arkansas originally and the only thing I miss about it is the fantastic cheap Tex-Mex. There's just not that much where I am now (Florida/Georgia line).
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    garbage-plate.jpg
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Smoked Meat

Bagels

Poutine
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    Pepperoni Roll

Basically, it's what it sounds like. But it's different that what it sounds like, too. During baking, the fats in the pepperoni (which are hard at room temperature) melt, resulting in a spicy oil suffusing into the bread. Anyway, this pepperoni roll - which is pepperoni baked inside of bread - is a portable, self-contained food. it was invented in the 1920's as a lunch/snack option for coal miners - many of whom were italian immigrants.

Now you can get them as a basic pepperoni roll, or you can get them with cheese, sauce, chilli, peppers, etc.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Brats and beer

And the racing sausages:

ddnj43.jpg
  • boophil
    boophil Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Also from Buffalo - chicken wings (Anchor Bar or Duff's) and beef on weck!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Western Kentucky - Mutton and Burgoo
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Green Bay, WI here ----> Bratwaurst, Cheese Curds, and Beer.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Atlanta, Ga-

Fried chicken and waffles!
  • in_this_generation
    in_this_generation Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Baltimore crabs.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i grew up in MD, so that would obviously be crabcakes and steamed crabs (steamed in beer, often National Bohemian , and Old Bay seasoning).

when i lived out in the SF Bay area, i guess you'd say sourdough bread. but there was also an Ice Cream treat that i don't think is available elsewhere. it was called an "It's It".

Its-It-Ice-Cream-opened-web.jpg
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Kansas City: barbecue and steak

(I'm vegetarian, so I "miss out")
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    KC Barbeque! Gates, Jack Stack, Arthur Bryants, Oklahoma Joes. You can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Roast pork sandwiches, tastykakes
  • SweetTeaAndCutoffs
    SweetTeaAndCutoffs Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Here in Tulsa, we have some AMAZING home cooked food, like chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, mashed potatoes, and fried okra. We also have some really good barbeque and serve something called "burnt ends". SOOOO good! On on occasion, you can find an Indian taco, which is heavenly.
  • jessmastrilli
    jessmastrilli Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    From western PA - GOBS! I love those little suckers. Chocolate with buttercream icing, chocolate with peanut butter icing, pumpkin with cream cheese icing. And in our town's mall, once a year we have a gob-athon where everyone fights for prizes for the best gobs :)
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Also from Buffalo - chicken wings (Anchor Bar or Duff's) and beef on weck!

How could I forget Beef on Weck!!! Bar Bill in EA is the best!
  • BrittanyNBuchanan
    BrittanyNBuchanan Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    .....pigs in the blanket (a/k/a stuffed cabbage).....

Here, pigs in a blanket are sausage rolls, a sausage rolled up in a dough and baked or fried.

I'm from Oklahoma. We don't really have anything special I can think of... just a lot of fried things. A LOT.

I'm orignally from Okie Land too. BRAUMS!!!! The best ice cream I've ever had. Here in Germany, there are way too many to list, like bratwurst and such.
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    California, home of No Time for Anything but driving in traffic. McDonalds, Jack, Carls. All these guys rule our lives. They are everywhere, how can we say no...?