C'mon MFP!!!SHow your inner NERD !?!?!?!?

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    I am currently making my own Emma Frost costume for comicon. I'm even thinking about doing a couple versions since I will be going to at least 2 days.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    ummm my students have a concert tonight and are playing some Star Wars...I plan on attending and my hair is up in Leia buns.

:bigsmile:

Soooooo need some company for that concert good lookin??? :flowerforyou:
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Ok.... you asked for it.

I have the original Atari from 1982 with all the games.

Nice!!!!! I have a Turbo grafx 16 with Bonks adventure and Slaughterhouse!!!!!!:bigsmile:

I have 3 nintendo, a sega, 3 dreamcast, a 64, a super nintendo, a n-cube ,a Wii, and a playstation 3

Still have my Sega to play Sonic! LOL my old nintendo from growing up and the Atari with Pitfall lol
  • KathPearce
    KathPearce Posts: 146 Member
    I have an Autobot tattoo....<.<

you rule!
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member

Those are just to name a few. I also married a computer programmer who puts my nerd to shame.

My hubby is a software development manager, he also puts my nerd to shame. Don't tell him but I am enjoying the play by post D&D he has me doing.
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Show it? I have no idea how to hide it.

As is evidenced by my collection of Avengers art work hanging in my living room.

il_570xN_374838192_ko7t_zps7cbcb427.jpeg

Nice! Is there a link to whoever does these? Would love to get the Thor one.

That is AWESOME!!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member

Those are just to name a few. I also married a computer programmer who puts my nerd to shame.

My hubby is a software development manager, he also puts my nerd to shame. Don't tell him but I am enjoying the play by post D&D he has me doing.

It's our little secret ;) I don't let my hubby talk me into participating in nerd activities together. Every time he gets me hooked on a game, he stops playing it after a month or 2 and then I have no one to play with and it isn't as fun anymore.
  • All of the ringtones and notification sounds on my phone are from Nintendo and Sega games. When I turn my phone on it goes "Segaaaaaa" like in the beginning of Sonic the Hedgehog :P
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,046 Member
    I have no other side but nerd. The list of things I like and do would fill up a thread. :)

Do it!!!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Ahem. :happy:

30696_10150161214615360_1202654_n_zps0b75aaad.jpg

And if you don't know who that is, you make me cry :frown:
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Remember when being a nerd was a bad thing? I dont watch a lot of TV and movies, but my screen name is an homage to my love of fruit flies.

Nice to see some real nerds.

And imma gonna cause some controversy here but watching some TV shows, reading a few books, and collecting things a nerd does not make probably closer to dork, but a true nerd can derive or tell you the periodic table from A-Z just saying but if you carry the nerd card youve earned it via a few wedgies or egging.

Not all nerds are into Chemistry......just sayin'.
    I've never been able to memorize the periodic table, or atomic numbers of the elements....

But I can quote the chemical formula for various minerals....
    And tell you their crystallography.

Some may be into physics...

Maybe Astronomy....

How 'bout biology/genetics...

Computer programming or hardware....

Mathematics....

Paleontology....

Maybe a smattering of Archeology....

Some of us may dabble in all of them.....I know I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous (although a whole heck of a lot of interest) in almost all of them (physics wigs me out)
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Ok.... you asked for it.

I have the original Atari from 1982 with all the games.

Oh.... that brings me back :) My dad still has his Atari with a bunch of the games and I cut my video game teeth on it! He's also got an original SNES (I remember him bringing it home and my sister cut her video game teeth on it), N64, GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 (that my husband and I bought for them so that they could get Tales of the Abyss and other fantastic RPGs), and a Wii. (Plus he created over a dozen games for the Commodore 64. I was doomed from the start, lol!)

As for myself and my husband, we collectively own a Playstation 2, a GameCube, an XBox 360, a Wii and Wii U, plus GameBoy Advance (and sp), DS, 3DS, a Playstation Portable, and of course a decent desktop for gaming (not a high end one though)

And I'm proud to say that our four year old son is continuing the tradition since he enjoys playing Kirby, Mario, Luigi's Mansion, Nintendogs and with his Leap Pad, lol! *sniff*

as for other Nerd stuff, we're all into Doctor Who, Fringe, Firefly, Star Trek (original gen), Futurama, own a good chunk of the superhero movies out there (including the 1990s Batman the Animated Series), Babylon 5, and Terra Nova plus a pile of other things that I honestly cannot remember.

Oh, and I'm an avid reader, going through, on average, about 12-15 novels a month, fantasy, urban fantasy and light sci-fi being my poison of choice.

No wonder I'm not the fittest person around, HA!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Remember when being a nerd was a bad thing? I dont watch a lot of TV and movies, but my screen name is an homage to my love of fruit flies.

Nice to see some real nerds.

And imma gonna cause some controversy here but watching some TV shows, reading a few books, and collecting things a nerd does not make probably closer to dork, but a true nerd can derive or tell you the periodic table from A-Z just saying but if you carry the nerd card youve earned it via a few wedgies or egging.

Not all nerds are into Chemistry......just sayin'.
    I've never been able to memorize the periodic table, or atomic numbers of the elements....

But I can quote the chemical formula for various minerals....
    And tell you their crystallography.

Some may be into physics...

Maybe Astronomy....

How 'bout biology/genetics...

Computer programming or hardware....

Mathematics....

Paleontology....

Maybe a smattering of Archeology....

Some of us may dabble in all of them.....I know I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous (although a whole heck of a lot of interest) in almost all of them (physics wigs me out)

Oh no you sound like a total nerd didnt mean to just say chemistry but I was using that as an example. Just was thinking that back in the days no one would ever admit to being a nerd. If you were the smart, awkward kid that was embarrassing and meant a day hiding in the bathroom so you weren't ridiculed. I guess when people realized Nerds were making the real money back in the software gold rush days and "Revenge of the Nerd" movies that's when it became socially acceptable to be a nerd. See this may almost prove my nerdness when I contemplate the social hierarchical development of nerd status.
  • MelisMusing
    MelisMusing Posts: 421 Member
    LOVE Warehouse 13! Also...Fringe, Game of Thrones, Vikings....

Reading anything good??
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    If you think the EC actually changed anything.......

But I will NOT get involved in a ME3 internet fight.

I WILL HOLD THE LINE!

No point in a fight of course. I view it from the position as a designer, not a fan. For me, it's akin to asking Stephen King to change the ending to the Darktower series.
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    Anyone into Conan?...

If you can dig on Conan, you can dig on Slaine. I dare you to read all of "The Horned God" and not make some kind of mess in your pants.

Love all things Conan! The original Conan the Barbarian is one of my favorite movies ever. I am gonna have to check out that other book. Thanks for the heads up!
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    I'm a little late to this thread but hey. I love so many nerdy things. Harry Potter, Supernatural, Merlin, Sherlock, Avengers, Firefly, Doctor Who, LoTR, and I requested all the Star Wars movies one Christmas. I've go a to read/watch list about a mile long. My mom has declared me "a hopeless nerd" because I spend so much time reading fanfics and talking about them or my fandoms in general. I'm even writing an original research paper on fanfic.
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    There is no such thing as being too late!

I'm always had a nerdy side to me. Grew up with brothers watching Ninja Turtles and Batman. Now in college, the nerd side shows more! :D
    Doctor Who, Sherlock, DC...etc. Those who know me, know I'm a total Nightwing fan. I could tell you character history and more. XD
    I am also a fan of Supergirl as well. And am working on a costume to cosplay her. Hopefully will be able to get it finished before summer, have a photo shoot a friend and I are going to do.
  • laurenbrooke79
    laurenbrooke79 Posts: 27 Member
    I usually have a rubix cube on hand just in case i get bored or in case someone wants a cube off! :P LOVE biology, googling and can't wait to be an engineer :D woot woot
  • jessiwebb
    jessiwebb Posts: 31 Member
    Oh! And my husband draws my friends and I a Christmas present every year. This is what he drew us for 2012:

21mw7bc.jpg

:happy: I'm Thor.