C'mon MFP!!!SHow your inner NERD !?!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options

Those are just to name a few. I also married a computer programmer who puts my nerd to shame.

My hubby is a software development manager, he also puts my nerd to shame. Don't tell him but I am enjoying the play by post D&D he has me doing.

It's our little secret ;) I don't let my hubby talk me into participating in nerd activities together. Every time he gets me hooked on a game, he stops playing it after a month or 2 and then I have no one to play with and it isn't as fun anymore.

Mine does the same thing only he plays for like 6 months and I am totally hooked by the point that he is done :grumble:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    See my username LOL

I was pretty epic on World of Warcraft.... almost 9000 achievement points

Also

bk1FGiCl.jpg?1

Epic... I'm playing SWTOR right now!

Awesome!! Yeah I have a limited edition light saber too but IDK where it is at the moment lol
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Ok.... you asked for it.

I have the original Atari from 1982 with all the games.

Me too!!! Well, mine is a Gemini, but got lots of games! My boyfriend's son has the Atari and lots more games! When I go to spend time with my boyfriend on the weekends, we drink beer and play Atari. He is the king of Asteroids!!! I am better at Space Invaders! Fun!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Which is the best Warehouse 13 Fansite?
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    See my username LOL

I was pretty epic on World of Warcraft.... almost 9000 achievement points

Also

bk1FGiCl.jpg?1

You are one hottt nerd!!!!:bigsmile:
  • RuthRW
    RuthRW Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Very late to this thread but . . . it started with those awesome "choose your own adventure" fantasy books where you would have to choose between two possible paths and go to the corresponding page. When all my friends were reading Sweet Valley High I was into Piers Anthony, the Star Trek books and anything Tolkein.
    I have gone on to indoctrinate my children to the point where my oldest daughter actively chooses to watch the original Star Wars trilogy in her down time and was very frustrated that I would not cut her hair to look like Luke Skywalker for Halloween. She ended up choosing Wonder Woman anyway =)
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Golgo 13!!!!!
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Remember when being a nerd was a bad thing? I dont watch a lot of TV and movies, but my screen name is an homage to my love of fruit flies.

Nice to see some real nerds.

And imma gonna cause some controversy here but watching some TV shows, reading a few books, and collecting things a nerd does not make probably closer to dork, but a true nerd can derive or tell you the periodic table from A-Z just saying but if you carry the nerd card youve earned it via a few wedgies or egging.

You know what, fruit fly guy, I think I have to agree with you. I don't think there are too many true nerds on here, just people with some mildly-geeky tendencies. And that includes myself. I was going to post a thread called "nerdier than thou" for this very reason. I wanted to come off nerdier, because I see everyone loving The Avengers and Thor and Iron Man and all of these marvel comic MOVIES (and, in some cases, actual comics) and I don't think that too nerdy. I teach high school and every kid loves these movies and wears clothes, possesses binders, doodles in their notes, images from these movies. They actually couldn't be more in vogue right now, which is not very nerdy.

But, I took a close look at myself, and came to the same conclusions. I've got some geeky lit / video game / movie / music tendencies, but I am far from true nerd. Cheers to you, person who knows the latin words for fruit fly and periodic table derivations!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    While watching "Wreck-it Ralph", I paused the movie to so I could name all of the villains at the bad guy anon meeting :)
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    IMO, there's different types of nerds. Comic Nerds. Movie Nerds. Science Nerds. Geology Nerds. Space Nerds.
  • JustinAnimal
    Options
    True, I just don't think people who watch super high-grossing films about comic books really qualifies as a nerd. And if you started reading the comics after the movies came out, I'd doubt your level of dedication to being a comic nerd. I just think there should be boundaries here! Jk, I know I'm overthinking this.

In the world of nerddom, I'd say I'm a level 37 palladin of literature, film, music and trivia. There.
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    True, I just don't think people who watch super high-grossing films about comic books really qualifies as a nerd. And if you started reading the comics after the movies came out, I'd doubt your level of dedication to being a comic nerd. I just think there should be boundaries here! Jk, I know I'm overthinking this.

In the world of nerddom, I'd say I'm a level 37 palladin of literature, film, music and trivia. There.

I didn't get into comics until after the movies and I'm sure there are others like me. It's hard to know where to start, where to go and so on when comics have been around years. But I have a pull list now, I expanded outside of the movie characters, I support various comic related kickstarters. Just the other day I spent $50 at my local comic shop. Plus being a woman, it feels a little harder to get accepted. I was very nervous about going into a shop for the first time but Matt Fraction told me via twitter to basically screw the haters and I did.
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    IMO, there's different types of nerds. Comic Nerds. Movie Nerds. Science Nerds. Geology Nerds. Space Nerds.

I agree entirely.
  • migueltavares
    Options
    I play videogames everyday.
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options

I agree entirely.

Indeed. I am more a sci-fi nerd with a little video game in there and a hint of supernatural! :bigsmile:

Damn!!!! Im good
  • JustinAnimal
    Options

I didn't get into comics until after the movies and I'm sure there are others like me. It's hard to know where to start, where to go and so on when comics have been around years. But I have a pull list now, I expanded outside of the movie characters, I support various comic related kickstarters. Just the other day I spent $50 at my local comic shop. Plus being a woman, it feels a little harder to get accepted. I was very nervous about going into a shop for the first time but Matt Fraction told me via twitter to basically screw the haters and I did.

If you want some comic street cred, while still checking out some awesome titles, I'd read all 10 issues of Preacher (when time and money allows), Watchmen (way better than the movie), V for Vendetta (ditto) and any of Frank Miller's Sin City stuff. Just my personal opinion. Neil Gaiman's Sandman is also awesome, especially if you're into art. I can't remember his name, but the guy who used to draw all of the final fantasy concept art did a whole Sandman issue.

Anyway, sorry for coming off as a hater. You're all nerd in my book.
  • kabel4892
    kabel4892 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have WWE action figures in my office and saw RAW live in august. I own CM Punk shirts too.

I have read all of the Walking Dead comics and I've seen every episode. I also have a Walking Dead t shirt.

I LOVE the youtube series Marble Hornets. So happy they are making a movie. And I have a shirt for this too.

And I am crazy for books. I love to read.
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    I collect Star Wars books... I have a lightsaber at my desk at work. I play D&D Online. I am a geek!
  • AIZZO4
    AIZZO4 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I collect Action Figures but never open the packages.
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    We actually own a Dr. Who Tardis mug and cookie jar, a miniature motorized desktop Dalek and the newest arrival -- a sonic screwdriver universal remote control. Sure -- it's my husband that orders all this fluff but I am the one that programmed the screwdriver cause he couldn't figure out the instructions. It's kind of fun actually. We have also watched and enjoyed all incarnations of Star Trek and have some of that memorabilia around here too. I'm sure there's more but that's what comes to mind. Does Grimm count as geeky....we love that show too and the upcoming episode is definitely designed for geeks with the gamer aspect. Oh and I underwent Jedi training at Cub Scout summer camp when my son was in 3rd grade. Lots of fun!