Women and muscle. What is your opinion?

Options
NRSPAM
NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
Just curious what people think about women and muscle. Not talking about so much muscle that it appears "masculine," but a decent amount of muscle. Toned, or maybe a little more. I, personally have struggled with my weight my whole life, since I was a little kid. I'm almost to goal now, and have a good amount of muscle right now. Would like to gain a little more, particularly in my abs, and under arms. Maybe a little more bicep. I've always been such a "big girl," and I don't want to become some frail, skinny, or weak little thing, to where I would feel like I couldn't defend myself if I needed to, because of being small. I'm only 5'3" btw. I also want my body to be a "fat burning machine," which I feel I have just about done. I choose to eat healthy, clean foods, high in protein, but if I want to splurge and eat fast food, or what many people would consider to be "forbidden" food, for skinny people, I want to eat it! And I want to burn it off easily. I believe having some extra muscle will do that for me, and so far, it has. I was speaking with a friend last night about how she was having a hard time losing weight, and that she's on a 1,200 cal diet. I tried to tell her to gain some muscle, n to up her cal. intake, n all that good stuff, n she said she's happy with 1,200 cal's/day, which is cool, but she also said she doesn't want to look "bulky." She thinks I looked bulky, although I don't think I am. I have a little bicep, but to me, it's not masculine at all, and to me, it's really not big. She's also my friend on here, so I hope she doesn't take offense to this. I wanted to ask her about it, but she's working. (Love you Reba!!! :happy: :tongue: :heart: ) So, back to subject, what do y'all think? I have gained a little bit more muscle since I took my profile pic, but not much. Also, what is your overall opinion about women, in general, and muscle. I've asked my hubby, what he thinks, and he doesn't have a problem. Actually, he's very happy with my new body, so far. :happy:

Replies

• JustMichelleB
    Options
    I think muscles look good on everyone.
  • dixoncrew
    dixoncrew Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I think women with well defined muscles are sexy. I want to be ripped.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I think muscles look good on everyone.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy with ripped. More muscle please
  • aikasm
    aikasm Posts: 63
    Options
    i think whatever makes a woman see herself as beautiful is great, if she wants to be muscular so be it! i however have no desire to be muscular except for maybe a bit of abs, i just dont personally want that super defined look
  • bracertj
    bracertj Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer a little muscular definition.
  • tmhunter66
    Options
    Fit guys definitely want a fit woman. Some muscles are good, it's hard for a woman to get very muscular...so I say go for it.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Love it. Shows they've worked hard getting their muscles.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    Look nice
  • rainavsfood
    rainavsfood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I agree & think it's sexy on women!
  • cinrn68
    cinrn68 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I admire muscles on both males and females. Not "bulk", but definition is the bomb!
  • bracertj
    bracertj Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love it. Shows they've worked hard getting their muscles.

Exactly
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    LOVE muscles ! Picked up my first barbell at 47....
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    If you like your body, and your husband likes your body, then I don't think the opinion of anyone else really matters.

FWIW, I definitely prefer muscle definition (and working hard to achieve it!) :drinker:
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Love the feedback so far. You ladies look fabulous! I can definately say, that it's so much easier toting around my 18mo old! Especially when he's having a meltdown. When my oldest son was this age, I remember how hard it was for me. I was pretty out of shape, and NO muscle then, so when he was pitching a fit, it was hard to pick him up and do what I needed to with him fighting me. Lol. Plus it's so much easier and more fun to play with him n throw him around, n just be active with him! Keep the comments coming!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I find muscles sexy on women, and love them on myself. I could care less what anyone else thinks.
  • SneakyWaff1es
    SneakyWaff1es Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Sexy.
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    LOVE muscles ! Picked up my first barbell at 47....

Good for you! I'm 33, and never got into weights, really until about a year ago. Wish I would have done this sooner!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard the phrase "you could bounce a quarter off dat azzz?" Yea, I like some muscle.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    IN!