C'mon MFP!!!SHow your inner NERD !?!?!?!?

Options

Replies

• diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Err, have to keep this quick because I'm about to be late for my table top RPG! Does that count??

And its my birthday bash so this afternoon, I used a black marker pen and coloured in the middle spot on all the 5 spot on all the d6's so no one will be able to roll a 5 all evening tee hee heee!

Not such an inner nerd but a great big evil outer nerd!!!

Mwa ha ha!!
  • diadojikohei
    Options
    I collect Action Figures but never open the packages.

I buy action figures for my children and won't let them open the packages!!!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Hanging out with Quickbeam, aka Bregalad, in LotRO :P

ScreenShot00098.jpg
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wargamer, miniature painter, roleplayer, GM/DM/Storyteller in over a dozen systems including LARP/Freeforms, built a homegrown campaign world that's been a work in progress for 20 years, MMO player, SFF fan... I have no INNER nerd, I am ALL nerd! :)
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    pffffft, i used to design maps of castles on graph paper for D&D :)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Damn playa!! Thats some upper level nerd status stuff right there broski!:bigsmile:

Cool!
  • diadojikohei
    Options

Errrrr............We still do!

<<<<<<<<<<<<and here's our group. I'm the one with the long hair. The long hair not tied back! Oh and I don't have a beard either. No ''inner'' nerd at all!!!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options

<<<<<<<<<<<<and here's our group. I'm the one with the long hair. The long hair not tied back! Oh and I don't have a beard either. No ''inner'' nerd at all!!!

i remember always having a beholder in the dungeons. used to piss my friends off until they realized it was ALWAYS in there
  • MustachioNerd
    Options
    I have a shelf full of action figures. I have multiple Batman and Star Wars posters among the walls of my bedroom. My ringtone is the original Power Rangers theme song. I love comic books and read them nearly every day. I love video games and have played them nearly every day since I was about 7 years of age. I am writing this while wearing a The Walking Dead/Star Trek mash-up T-shirt and Superman baseball cap. I enjoy conventions and talking to real nerdy people.

I also have an unhealthy attachment to Steampunk...

The most attractive quality a woman could possess is a nerd level higher than mine.
  • diadojikohei
    Options

i remember always having a beholder in the dungeons. used to piss my friends off until they realized it was ALWAYS in there

Last time we got to the end of the quest, saved the villagers, lifted the cure yadda yadda yadda, the final scenario involved a big f. off dragon who had set up residence in the royal palace.

Big set piece, we open the doors see the dragon, say ''screw this'' close the doors put millions of arcane locks on and go the pub!!!

That's what happens when you've been RP ing for 30 odd years!

There are no old bold heroes!!

We did the same campaign with our junior group, all in their teens , they were kicking s..it out of the dragon, swinging from the ceiling etc, they all got killed!!

Then they asked what we did and they laughed so much!!!!

Ah youth!! Wasted on you young!!!
  • diadojikohei
    Options
    Wargamer, miniature painter, roleplayer, GM/DM/Storyteller in over a dozen systems including LARP/Freeforms, built a homegrown campaign world that's been a work in progress for 20 years, MMO player, SFF fan... I have no INNER nerd, I am ALL nerd! :)

You are my hero!!

And obviously with a far higher IQ than simple little me!!!!

Oh, please wise one, instruct me in the ways of the GM?!

*cheeky grin, waves*

*hello you!*
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Ahem

A small excerpt of one room of my house.

97E0D740-57FD-4BFF-9BDF-0D370F2AB286-5224-00000469BC319550_zpsa2aec4ee.jpg

E5CB770E-B48F-42D2-8EA1-A4125B2CBF31-5235-0000046ACB3388B6_zps3b3c947d.jpg

EE6FE5FB-6865-4AC2-B732-DFEA89FBD24E-5235-0000046A717CE9F8_zpsb9dbb180.jpg

CB5863D3-AF76-4E85-9A30-85A2A250388D-5235-0000046A94C2D42C_zps7f58b216.jpg

That's literally one side of one room. I control the nerd spice b!tches.
  • Erod1972
    Erod1972 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was a bodybuilder and personal trainer. I was all state in football for 3 years and defensive MVP my senior year...and I lam adicted to the MMORP: Star Wars..the old republic....there I admitted it:embarassed:
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    Options

In high school I wrote a program to create random dungeon levels and create random terrain maps for outdoors. I then used those maps to build the world that I was the Dungeon Master for. That was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I love Spider Man. Always have always will. Weird thing about that is...I have severe arachnophobia!

I am also a major Disney nerd. My favorite movie was Aladdin and I even had a giant $100 coffee table book full of artwork, Disney history, and a full history of each movie animated movie and short ever made up to Aladdin. I was even writing fan fiction before the internet was invented lol! I didn't even know fan fiction had a name. I also loved watching Darkwing Duck and the Beetlejuice cartoon....ah, those were the days....don't get me started lol!
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options

That really sounds like something I would have done if I had been into D&D....I get way too into things I like.
  • warrow8282
    warrow8282 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Luff this thread and seeing everyone's geek side :-)

I am obsessed with the obvious geeky t.v. shows & movies that have already been mentioned a trillion times- Star Wars, Star Trek, LoTR, Sherlock, Merlin, Firefly, BSG, and many more... but my all time favorite for t.v. is Doctor Who!!!

Superman is my favorite superhero...

In the past I was big into video games and had a slight addiction to WoW :-) I haven't played in years, though...

Now I'm more into tabletop gaming and RPGs with friends :-) We run D&D campaigns, play some Talisman, Ascension, Dominion, Munchkins, and many more!

I love, love, love K-dramas and anime as well...

I love ancient mythology and learning about the past, and have attended some ren faires (King Richard's Faire in Mass is awesome!)... see my profile pic, where I had picked up some pieces to start my armor set for future faires.

And... I had a blast cosplaying at PortCon and would do it again... unfortunately, not sure if this picture is going to work, but we'll see.

264861_932772529269_2447183_n.jpg
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    M.I.B suited up before there was Barney Stinson.
  • diadojikohei
    Options
    Forty eight and making a steam punk leather corset. Nerdy enough for you?

Had a conversation with a friend on Saturday whilst at work, on the phone, birthday wishes, blow out the candle etc,and discovered, as I fell off the office chair at least three times,that not only do I NOT have an inner nerd, I also don't have an INNER CHILD I actually have an inner adult!!!!
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Forty eight and making a steam punk leather corset. Nerdy enough for you?

Pics or it didn't happen! :P