Post Easter Scale Horror - Fess Up

Options
257_Lag
257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
Don't beat yourself up! Type it out and move on! (Or feel free to brag if you had a good day)

With the help of a 4 mile walk in the morning I was only over 225 net calories yesterday but oh how I do love ham. Sodium 6000 for the day.

Scale plus 4 full pounds today :mad:

I know it is all water and I WILL get it back within a day or two. Lots of water today!

Replies

• SparklyPinkMom
    SparklyPinkMom Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I didn't do too bad and I tried to exercise a good chunk of the calories off. I'm up 0.8 lbs....still hoping for a loss on the week.
  • tlynnest
    tlynnest Posts: 112
    Options
    I wasn't the sweets....it was the ham-Honey Baked Ham.....who knew? lol!
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Didn't go overboard, just had 2 pieces of cake, and some white bread. Gained .44 lbs, not too bad :)
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Ham... It does a body good
  • ninjakowski
    ninjakowski Posts: 158
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow, bit worried but I'm sure I'll burn it off at the gym!
  • roguex_1979
    roguex_1979 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Weigh in tomorrow!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm well fed up. Don't do Easter but still managed a lb gain this week! :noway:
  • susiemeri
    susiemeri Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh yes on the sodium - nearly 6000 mg for me, too. Awful!

One thing about the sodium, though - I have really been watching my intake since I started this journey, and yesterday everything tasted way, way too salty. I didn't add salt while cooking, but our ham was smoked and it was loaded with salt. It's strange how just a couple of months makes that much of a difference in your taste buds. The rest of my family was reaching for the salt shaker for their potatoes and I was thinking, "are you NUTS?!"

I was over on my calories by over 800. EIGHT HUNDRED! I'm at 1200 daily, but I eat back my exercise calories and normally have around 1800 for the day. No exercise yesterday, unless you count standing at a stove and lifting my fork to my lips. And the only veggies I had were parmesan spinach and mashed potatoes.

I will not weigh myself today, I'm bloated like a blowfish. Back to eating clean. I actually feel nasty today - my body isn't used to a nutrition fail like that anymore.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    well im up 4lbs in 2 days. I weighed 155lbs friday and now weigh 159lbs lol cant hve done that much weight gain so its the fish and chips,crisps, and pizza plus chocolate and garlic chicken Iv eaten. Im back today and starting fresh and logging next mondays weight as this week is all water and sodium gains
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I was actually expecting worse - 219.8, up .2 since Friday... And considering what I ate yesterday, I probably weigh less than that, and the water wieght is tricking my scale. :) I'm just glad I stayed under 220!!! Can't wait to see what my weigh in Wednesday brings!!! YAY!!!
  • teresaturnbull1976
    Options
    I started getting right back on track last week, after the birth of my 2nd son and the baby blues, then it's Easter. Had weighed myself mid week and was on track to lose about 5lbs, stood on the scales this morning and i've lost 1.4lbs. Still a loss which i'll take with open arms, lol x
  • Shetchncn1
    Shetchncn1 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I ate ALOT! But I only at once and then was too full to eat anything else so it evened out :). No weight gain. :happy:
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I actually planned to eat what I wanted for Sunday - had 1/2 a blueberry scone at church then went and ate my easter dinner around 330 - shocked i was actually under my calories for the day although i did skip my nightly desert which helped to make sure i did not go over my calories - I actually had every intention of gaining 2 lbs - I figured if I gave myself a 2 lb cushion then i would not cry getting on the scale so I was pleasantly surprised when I got on and actually lost .2 lbs since yesterday
  • BrittanyLail
    BrittanyLail Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh this morning but no doubt I gained. I can feel it. Ham and sweets for me. I had planned on splurging so now back on track!
  • danibu98
    danibu98 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Up 2 this morning and I tried to stay on track all weekend- Saturday night I most certainly was NOT. Going to keep weighing daily until it's gone. Very frustrating.
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i am up 2 pounds:mad: ,iv eaten crisps, hot cross buns, went out for Chinese meal, twice in the one week, drank cider so its been a bit of overindulgence but , I'm starting today and get back on track
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post I needed the kick in the *kitten*. I was 340 over with massive amounts of sweets did a 5 Mile bike ride before that might have somewhat saved me. I'm up 1/2 pound and am shocked it's so low. Does anyone know how long your body takes to see the results of an overindulgence?
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    had chocolate and cake but stayed beneath maintenance. voila no scale gain
  • kristendube
    Options
    i ate whatever i wanted and im up 2 full pounds... oh well back at it.. all the sodium didnt help thats for sure..
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Down a pound. Massive water retention and I feel bloated like a puffer fish but down a pound. Ham! YUM! Yes, I had some. I would have liked more but kept it to a dull roar. Skipped the cake, potatoes, and fried rice. I DID have chocolate dipped strawberries though.