Vegan Cat help!!

Options

Replies

• lilmissymoo90
    lilmissymoo90 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    what would happen if when your kids are up hanging with their friends they decide hm i like meat and have a cheese burger? i eat veggie myself but my 2 year old and my husband eat meat .. my son can decide when hes older if he wants to eat like mummy he likes meat not my choice im his mum but hes going to grow up and be his own person same reason i refused to have him circumcised or baptised .. just because your cat cant speak doesnt mean he loves someone making desisions for him. i have two dogs who get dog rice and meat proper meat as i dont like the idea of dog food i hate touching it infact ive amost been sick cutting it up but my dogs a dog before i got them i knew they ate meat just like wolfs do its like getting a rabbit and forcing it to eat steak

Well, no offence intended but I wonder if you take the same approach to your children when it comes to drugs and alcohol.

Frankly, my children, my spouse, and my pets know that they can follow my rules or live somewhere else.

Agree with you! You have to set standards for your family.

i have set standards for my family but i wont tell my grown up husband how to eat his choice my son has a balanced diet including meat he likes it he also likes the food i eat hes perfectly healthy never been sick. things like drugs and alcohol are different and i have rules but as a person who rebelled and left home at 15 years old i have my reasons for letting my son decide himself if he turns round when he can talk and asks why i dont eat meat ill explain to him and then he can decide not all kids raised as vegan/ veggies stay that way.
  • carriempls
    carriempls Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    The most compassionate thing you can do for your cat is give it away to someone who can fill it's needs.

I'm a vegetarian for ethical reasons (and do my best to understand where my eggs and dairy come from to ensure happy animals) and I have 2 cats. I would never in a million years begin to feed them a vegetarian or vegan diet as that's simply not healthy for them. You can certainly look for foods that limit suffering (heck, you can buy your own organic, pasture-grazing meat and feed it to him/her) but cats are carnivores, feeding them any less than the diet they are designed to eat is treating your cat cruelly, I'm afraid.

If you don't believe in allowing animals to eat other animals to survive and don't want to contribute to that I'd suggest you not own any carnivorous pets. Herbivorous birds or lizards may make better pets for your family.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    My cats balked at the vegan way of life at first, but now they just love their veggies and leafy green salads. I mean, look how healthy they are!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    No, this is just too weird.

<puts vegan coat and shoes on, opens door, leaves room to make vegan pancakes> ........................
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    "killing innocent animals" its part of life im afraid

Life maybe . . . but not in my house and Nadia lives in my house.

Nature will prevail. Restrict the meat and over time....your cat will EAT YOUR CHILDREN.
    :-P
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options

Nature will prevail. Restrict the meat and over time....your cat will EAT YOUR CHILDREN.

LMAO you have done it now
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Cats can live perfectly healthy lifestyles as vegans! Why do you people have to be so judgmental about other cat's dieting lifestyles?

As long as the cat eats back its "sitting on window sill staring balefully at the world" calories,
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options

This is deeply disturbing and a over dramatic.

Grow up.
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    in regards to the post where you said your husband kids and pets can go somewhere else if they dont like it ..

open ur door and see if your cat comes back lol
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options

Shouldn't the cat eat her? The kids aren't the ones trying to kill it.
  • Cr01502
    Options
    Do you know how you can tell if someone has a vegan cat? Don't worry, they'll f*****g tell you!!!!

Maybe that's because we're sick of being surrounded by a bunch of MURDERERS!
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options
    i dont eat meat but i love killing plants =D living things still

this post has gone from confusing and weird sounding very like your on here trolling

... give the cat some tuna =D
  • purduekate
    purduekate Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Cats need taurine or they will die. Feel free to buy taurine and put it in your cats vegan food. But that's just stupid. Give the cat a freakin' piece of meat and get over yourself.
  • treenuh_x
    treenuh_x Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Cats are obligate carnivores. They're supposed to eat meat, and nothing but meat, and preferably a variety of meats. If you're not raw feeding, at least get a grain-free cat food.

I know it's April Fool's and all, but Jesus, a vegan cat? Really?
  • Cr01502
    Options

this post has gone from confusing and weird sounding very like your on here trolling

I am not trolling. I'm trying to educate people that cats don't NEED to eat animal products and that we can all get along happily and healthily with out them. Including our pets. I don't suggest that a cheetah stops eating meat but I do think that domesticated animals should.

http://www.peta.org/living/companion-animals/vegetarian-cats-and-dogs.aspx
  • Jellytotss
    Options

You shouldn't have got a cat then!!
  • LJSmith1989
    LJSmith1989 Posts: 650
    Options
    Do you know how you can tell if someone has a vegan cat? Don't worry, they'll f*****g tell you!!!!

Maybe that's because we're sick of being surrounded by a bunch of MURDERERS!

Is your cat also gluten intolerant? lactose intolerant? Peanut allerigies? :)
  • lilmissymoo90
    Options

I am not trolling. I'm trying to educate people that cats don't NEED to eat animal products and that we can all get along happily and healthily with out them. Including our pets. I don't suggest that a cheetah stops eating meat but I do think that domesticated animals should.

http://www.peta.org/living/companion-animals/vegetarian-cats-and-dogs.aspx

you opened the door yet and seen if the cat comes back like you said before you husband kids and pets can leave if they dont like it ?

and domesticated animals are just a domesticated form of a wild animal they still have needs and unless your a cat dietician i wouldnt mess with the cats diet you should find it a home and get a rabbit
  • Jellytotss
    Options
    in regards to the post where you said your husband kids and pets can go somewhere else if they dont like it ..

open ur door and see if your cat comes back lol

:laugh:
  • ximills
    ximills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My cat eats Amicat and we purchase it from Vegan Essentials. He has been eating it for around 9 years and is in great health despite coming into our lives as a kitten with worms, herpes and a heart condition. He does still eat bugs he finds around the house.

people need to chill