Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    You win some, you lose some, sometimes you suffer collateral damage. When I had my oral surgery last Thursday, I bit my tongue so hard I cut it in three places. I just saw the dentist and he said it will be six weeks before my tongue will be totally healed.

Now, you'd think I'd lose weight because of that, wouldn't you. Well I've eaten 3 - 1/2 gal. of ice cream since Thursday because hot foods hurt, and crunchy foods hurt. Need to buy sugar free jello.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Can you believe it's April? I'm loving the warmer weather -- we are going to hit 60s on Wednesday!!! I'm in North Dakota and really looking forward to the one/two months of nice weather we have :laugh: We tend to go from winter clothes to shorts pretty quickly -- I love the time that its in the 70/80 degree range best.

Saturday was a fun day, okay eating day and a bad exercise day. Between all my errands and then taking my kids to see The Croods (highly recommend it!!), I never got to the gym, but that's okay. Easter brunch was okay for me. Then I got TOM and went back to my old habits of sunflower seeds and pop --- darn it! My son has them hidden from me today so at least I'm done with it. My sodium intake yesterday was nasty! But I'm on my 5th cup of water today and back on track. I've already done 100 standing arm presses and 50 boxing combinations. I'm not making it to the gym today because right after work I'm getting my massage.

@Laurie -- cut hair!
    @skinnjeans -- good luck with the smoking. I've watched my husband and best friend struggle with smoking since I've known them.
    @RobinsEgg -- what a time you are having with it all! Good luck in finding alternatives for pain free eating.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    You win some, you lose some, sometimes you suffer collateral damage. When I had my oral surgery last Thursday, I bit my tongue so hard I cut it in three places. I just saw the dentist and he said it will be six weeks before my tongue will be totally healed.

Now, you'd think I'd lose weight because of that, wouldn't you. Well I've eaten 3 - 1/2 gal. of ice cream since Thursday because hot foods hurt, and crunchy foods hurt. Need to buy sugar free jello.

Time to avoid the ice cream aisle! :wink: I can see how cold foods would feel better on your mouth/tongue, you definitely need to find some alternatives. How about some yogurt? Your Jell-O idea is good too (or pudding). If you aren't eating much though, the regular kind is okay - maybe stir some fruit and low-fat Cool Whip into the gelatin. Also, have you tried making mashed potatoes out of caultiflower? You could eat them luke-warm. I'm trying to remember what I ate when I had my tonsils out (I was 35!) - lots of yogurt, low-fat fudge bars, mashed potatoes. At the time, my mom was so worried about me not getting enough protein that she made chicken salad and broccoli cheese soup in her food processor - she's a fabulous cook so both were actually very tasty. The chicken salad was cold and I just heated the soup enough that it wasn't scalding - I remember super hot foods being bothersome (I coudn't even drink coffee :sad: )
  • VAGirl2BFit
    VAGirl2BFit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Newbie Alert :smile: Just Kidding! I'm Lyn - I'm 35 - Actually 19 days away from turning 36. I can hardly believe that I'm getting that old...I dont really feel this age but age is just a number and it doesnt bother me....Just find it hard to believe and time goes by so fast! I recently signed in again and I have been checking out the boards. This Thread seems to be like what I need! Daily check in's with new friends to stay motivated and in touch.

I'm married - no children yet. Hoping to work on that this fall! I really love the movies and music - I love wine too! Long car rides and long walks are also on my list of favorite things. I love 31 Bags and should really quit buying them! They are so cute though and I could have a bag for everything! Shoes and bags/purses are my thing!

Today is my Day 1 (again!). I've got my hubby on board this time too so that should help with both of being on the same path. I know he's going to really hate the working out part but its totally a necessary part and I really want to get back to feeling like working out like I used to feel about it.

Hopefully I'll get to know more of you and your stories and check in daily. Looking forward to it with a group that is pretty active. Some of the other postings I checked out only have some checking in every few days or weeks...I know I'd be alone in that kind of group b/c I'm extra chatty!

@RobinsEgg - Oh No! I can't even imagine! You poor thing! I certainly hope that you are going to be feeling better and heal quickly. How scary!

@Skinnyjeans - Congrats on the no smoking! Thats a huge step. My husband quit almost 10 years ago now I think and he did it with the Patch. ROCK ON with the running outside and your new time!! Thats awesome! I've wanted to be a runner and I am just horrible at it. How awesome that must have felt to have cut 2 mins off of your Winter times! Keep it up!

@Wendy - Way to go with getting over the Plateau. I know how much of a pain they can be and how discouraging. Way to push through!

@WsuGrad - I'm new here too! Feel free to chat me up anytime.

Ok... Looking foward to getting to know the rest of you in the weeks to come and learning how the site works. I'm not sure of the days of the week if there are speical things you discuss or post so hopefully I catch on!

Have a great 1st of the Month!

- Lyn
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    It is Monday, and in spite of enjoying yesterday's breakfast at church a little too much. I lost a pound this morning when I weighed in. That puts me at 34 pounds down since January 4. I am tickled pink. Of course I did take 3 walks yesterday equaling 2 hours to burn the extra 900 calories I consumed. Today is a little more low key.

@Margori Aha, a Griffins fan. I see you are not living in Grand Rapids so do you know someone on the team? My favorite sport is baseball so hence Whitecaps/Tigers.

@Laurie love the hairdo.

Everyone have a great day.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    I am so sad to see Spring break end as today is the last day. I did have a good workout with my trainer today and he had me running. It was fun however, I need to adjust to getting the feet to the butt while running with arms tucked in at my sides. It does help and I managed to keep up with my trainer. In addition to doing a few squats and crunches and lunges (still learning how to do those correctly) along with other exercises. Needless to say, I am tired now so will be taking it easy tonight and with TOM having made an appearance as well today so that is adding to being tired.

Robin- Switch to yogurt, jello, pudding etc since they are cooler and softer on your mouth. I hope it heals quickly.

tlh- enjoy the massage.

Lyn- welcome and we enjoy getting to know the new people so you will fit right in.

karen-Hope you had a good day back to school.

Thanks for all the compliments on my hair it is starting to grow on me. I may very well keep it this color.

Hope everyone has a great week.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in: Running is getting easier. Today during my run I was able to actually run the whole run intervals, even the 5 minute ones. I had to stop after a couple during walks to drink, but I feel so accomplished. 3 months ago, I'd never thought I'd be running and now I'm running whole 5 minute intervals. C25K really is a beautiful thing.
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Side note: Get em Tigers!!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @erienne--isn't it an amazing feeling every time you make progress running! congrats on running all of your intervals! :drinker:

@laurie--1st day back was fine--it's nice to know we only have 9 more weeks (and only 8 with our seniors!). Hope you enjoyed your last day of break.

@lyn--welcome and thanks for the support! I used to be horrible at running too--I even gave it a serious effort 2 other times in the past, but I just sucked at it and didn't know how to get better. This time around, I used c25k and got advice from a lot of runner friends (one who is the cross country coach at the school where I teach). It made such a difference to actually have a plan, and now I'm comfortable running 5k and am currently working up to running an 8k in May.

@tracy--we had a lovely weekend and then the temps dropped again today, but at least the snow is mostly melted.

@robin--sorry about your tongue. :tongue: I agree with others--maybe frozen yogurt instead of ice cream.

@tom--loved the bitten bunnies--saw that on FB yesterday and thought it was adorable! Good luck getting back to the e-cig.

@kelley--good luck with your cert exam!

Monday Check-in:
    Well my weight is holding steady at about 185 which is a few lbs above my lowest check in. However, my clothes are looser again. My size 14 Levis are literally falling off--I don't even have to unbutton them to take them off. Also, I hadn't worn my work pants in a week b/c of break, and the pair I wore today were definitely looser. Not sure why the scale and tape measure aren't reflecting the looser pants, but I'm not going to worry about it.

The quitting smoking is going ok as well. I was a bit worried that a few puffs on the e-cig this morning wouldn't sustain me through the work day. However, it was fine, and when I got in the car to drive home, I didn't even feel the need to break it out until I was almost home.

I graded a few more papers after school and will do some more tonight. Only 7 left. :smile:

Grading goals:
    1. 50/57 Junior Research Papers
  • whitecapwendy
    whitecapwendy Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Side note: Get em Tigers!!

Woo Hoo they did!!
  • jennydoesketo
    jennydoesketo Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name's Jenny and I just began a journey to lose 225 pounds! My biggest struggle this weekend was feeling hungry (I have halved my daily caloric intake) and not eating any mashed potatoes at Easter Dinner! I hope everyone has a great week! :)

40912602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone hope you all had a great Easter weekned. We had a nice dinner at my brothers house. My husband daughter her friend and I drove to Ocean Shores today and had a lovely day walking the beach and exploring all the little shops. I stayed under calories and for the first time ever didnt bring back a hulking bag of salt water taffy with me. I absolutley love the ocean. I could just walk on the sand and zone on the waves for hours if my family would leave me alone (which never happens, lol) It was a really fun day and then when we got back in town We staopped at the Y and added my daughter to my membership so she could start going as well. It has been a pretty fabulous weekend. I will spend the rest of this week really focused on the hubby as he will be leaving to go back to Alaska again this weekend. Once he goes I am going to totally focus on myself for awhile.

Laurie I just wanted to say that I think your hair looks really pretty :happy:

Robin I am sorry about your tongue. i had a similar experience after a dentist visit and that is its own specail form of pain :cry:

Skinny super congrats on deciding to try and quit smoking. I know you can totally do it :bigsmile:

Welcome to all the new faces that I saw. I know you will be very happy playing with us:bigsmile:

To everyone else I hope you are all feeling great and as always I am super proud of all of you :heart: :heart:
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart:

Welcome to our Thread!

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

Everyone - Here's the APRIL CHALLENGE -..... per our member, Shrinkrapt.

I nominate an "April Fool" challenge. As in, whenever you have an anxiety/comfort food craving, substitute a non-food comfort. Preferably cheap and easy to do. In essence, you fool your brain into accepting something else to manage stress. (And to be honest, it's no joke, just straight-up cognitive-behavior therapy.)

I think this will be a great Challenge. For Newbies - this challenge just means that you pick something out for yourself to substitute for your food cravings. You can adapt this throughout the month until you sucessfully settle on something that works! Its all about experimenting and finding out what works for you!