Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! :flowerforyou:

Welcome to all of the newlings!! I hope we didn't lose you all in the roll over.

@tammy--Glad you had a fun day at the beach, and thanks for the support!

AFM-- I got through all but 3 of my essays, and I know I can finish those during my opens/lunch tomorrow. I've also already had 1/3 of my starbucks treats this week, so only 2 more before I have to "fool" myself with something zero calorie. Good thing I don't have a lot of grading this week! (I'm going to track weeks as Mon through Sun since today is the 1st).

EDITED to add--Honestly not sure if I can handle cutting down on my starbucks at the same time as quitting smoking, but I'll give it a go. I guess technically I'm already substituting the e-cigs for real cigs, but since that's not calorie related I'm not sure if it should count for the challenge.
  • suzee71
    suzee71 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am trying to find my way around here. Is there a group most people belong to or just a message board? How do you find friends to chat with? Thanks in advance for the help.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Monday check in time!
    OMGOMGOMGOMG was work ever a MESS!

So... my boss (the hospital's Chief Nursing Officer) calls me into her office this morning, to meet with her & the ACNO (who is one of the folks that hired me nearly 3 years ago....

So she tells me she's taking away part of my job, and giving it to the program managers (one of whom I describe as a 6-month old pitbull puppy - all energy & slobber)... so no more being in charge of Medical Materials & Patient Transport (well, the business office & procurement will probably *still* insist I authorize all the invoices for payment, since the budget belongs to my department).

No, I wasn't getting punished - she's figured out that there are only so many hours in the day, and I can only achieve so much (although these are probably the two smallest problems on my desk)... no, she's giving me another HUGE project - the new Electronic Medical Record system..... :noway: EEEEEK! So, for the next 12-18 months, I get to make this work, educate everyone, etc.

as I said, OMGOMGOMGOMG!

April fool's challenge... nothing today... I was actually too stressed to be hungry!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: As many of you know, I'm not real good getting personals out there. Well, I had 10 of them all ready to go and I tried to send, but it wouldn't let me reply. Grrrr!! I think Robin was executing the roll over and it wouldn't take. I can't blame our fearless leader though. She keeps us going!! Today was a good day. I made all good food choices, stayed under my calories and took Izzy out for a nice 45-minute walk. Tomorrow I'm going to have to walk before work since Cyrus has a ball game plus we have a dinner afterwards. I've got to make a good choice out so perhaps fish or a nice green salad with protein. I know I can make a good choice.

@Robin - Have fun playing golf! Cyrus and I will often get a bucket at the driving range. It's a great stress reliever. The actual game on the course itself is so mental, but just hitting the ball is fun. Plus, I'm so sorry to hear about your tongue - ouch!! Everyone else has given you some great advice so you've got some good choices.

@Kelly - You're do determined and I know you're going to do great on your test. You've studied and you're ready!

@Erienne - I give people credit for just considering Insanity. I've heard it's tough, but so good. When I hit 250, I think I'm going to give it a try. I need to build up my endurance a bit more before I give it a try. Good luck if you go that route. As far as the shakes, I think one meal replacement is good, but I know some people who swear by them. I could only handle about one a day personally. If I'm drinking mine, it's normally in the form of an adult beverage. LOL!!

@Kaye - I'm so proud of your accomplishments so far. You've got some great family support, which is so important. I miss my parents and hate that we're on opposite sides of the country. They're coming out for 2 weeks in June and we can't wait! My son is the only grandchild so we're looking forward to their visit.

@Laurie - Great color and cut!! I just started coloring mine a few years ago (stupid vanity and a few gray hairs). I really wish I wouldn't have started because now I have to keep it up. Yuck!

@Tom - Thanks for the bunny chuckle. Very cute!!

@Skinny - So proud of you!! I've never smoked one cigarette (thank goodness). From what everyone tells me it's such a bad habit and awful addiction to overcome. Just the fact that you're trying an alternative is a big accomplishment. Good for you!!! Plus, what an awesome post about your size 14's falling off - Woo Hoo!!!

Welcome New Folks!!! As many have said, you've found a great group. We're a very positive group and keep out all the negativity. If we see some negative creepers coming on board, we nip it in the bud early!! If you can, just try to post as much as possible and join in the conversations. When I don't post and can't get on here is when I see myself slowly spiraling out of control. When I need that gentle kick in the butt, folks are there to give me the boost I need. Enjoy the journey one step at a time!!
  • susan2396
    Options
    I am trying to find my way around here. Is there a group most people belong to or just a message board? How do you find friends to chat with? Thanks in advance for the help.

Welcome Suzee!! I started MFP last August. I checked out some of the other boards, but found this one and its the best one I can relate too. Plus, everyone is so supportive and no negative posts. I do have some personal friends as well some from this board and some are not, but to be honest I only keep a small number because I know these people are posting and supporting me ALL the time. I have maybe 30 friends or so and that's plenty for me. I have those friends plus I follow this group on a daily basis and that's it. No other boards because it gets too much for me. Good luck and ask as many questions as you need too.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Checking in: It was a good, but crazy day. All these people that I love makes it really fun!
    I am already seeing a difference in the way the clothes I bought last month are fitting. I have mixed emotions about that. I really like them, and I haven't had them very long, but after all the goal is to get smaller. I realized that I didn't buy any dresses. I thought I had plenty and you can wear dresses a bit longer, but they are getting so baggy that they aren't fun to wear. I like to wear something that shows off how much work I have done. Vanity I guess. Tomorrow my daughters are going to help me figure out which of my dresses I can successfully alter and which ones need to go. I'm thinking that I may get a new dress for Mother's Day or my birthday. I think that I can be in ONEderland by then.
    Have a good one. Kaye
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,128 Member
    Options
    Hi friends. Just checking in. Finally today the dreaded doctor's appointment. Ack! Talk to you later. Have a healthy day.

Lin
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Yesterday was kind of a rough day - I got a migraine about mid-morning that wouldn't go away for anything. It finally subsided late evening and I'm feeling good today. So no workout yesterday. Not sure what caused it, stress or the weather I guess.

@Karen~I think you should just stick to the e-cigs and not worry about giving up Starbucks (for now) - I think giving up smoking and Starbucks will wreak havoc and drive you crazy. I don't know if I shared this before or not, but one year I gave up coffee/Starbucks for Lent - when I came into work one day (about a week in) there were several cups of coffee from Starbucks sitting on my desk with a note that said "for the sake of everyone around you, please drink us!" :laugh:
    @Kaye~I think you definitely deserve a new dress or two. I'm such a girly-girl and love to wear dresses, especially in the summer when its blazing hot here. I don't like them to fit big though, it always makes me feel bigger than I am so I like to buy fitted dresses - I have one particular dress I bought for my cruise last year that is too big now & that I LOVE, I need to look into having it altered.
    @Vicki~Oh my! What a stressful day and with EMR its just going to get more stressful, we went through it - its a huge undertaking. Just take it one day at a time.
    @Lin~Good luck with your doctor's appointment today!
    @Suzee~Welcome! Just jump in on the conversation, I have several friends (some that I've made through this thread) that I support and keep up with. I mostly post on this thread but do see other topics that I occasionally post to as well - if the topic interests me. Just need to find your niche.

Tuesday Goals~Not much has changed, just keep on doing what I'm doing. Trainer still on me about planks and the vertical knee raise - so REALLY need to add that to my daily routine.

Sunday~Training DONE!
    Monday~Arc Trainer NOT DONE :cry:
    Tuesday~Rest Day
    Wednesday~Training
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~Bike/Elliptical
    Saturday~Running Elliptical

Have a great day!
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Happy April all... March was a very successful month for me in the weight loss department. So I am thankful for that! Rough couple of days for me, but only on Easter did I eat carbs, and I had every excuse to do so but did not.

Trying to find a workout plan that is going to get me to my Spartan Sprint... the one that the race people put out just logistically is not easy for me to do. But i am going to at least give it a go tonight and see what happens. Baseball this week is not TOO bad yet... W,F,Sat practices. Still have another week and a half before weeknight games start.

Hope you all are kicking *kitten*
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals: Well my goal is starting this Saturday, and I am going to start some kind of workout routine again. I'm hoping to get my elliptical moved into the front living room of our home, that way I see it every morning and it will help keep me motivated.
    I also need to keep up with logging my food and tracking everything. To get into the habit of it all again.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well, my massage was all I wanted and more. One hour massage, 45 minute facial and a 20 minute detox bath. All for $145. At that price, I won't be doing it again for a while, but ....ahhh heaven!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Tuesday Goal: Water, water and more water. I'm getting back into the habit and yesterday was a success -- 10 glasses!! When I want to snack (and shouldn't), I'm going to grab that water bottle and have a go at it. :drinker:

I've always been jealous of those that stress and "just can't possibly eat" because unfortunately stress eating is a tough one for me. For my April challenge, I think I'm going to try to substitute cross stitch. I find it soothing and it keeps my hands busy. Now I just need to go find a project. :smile:

@ Lyn - welcome! My birthday is on Saturday and I'm turning the big 4-0. I agree with you, its just a number, but it seems like just yesterday I had my son when I was 28. Time flies!!

@ Whitecapwendy - Congrats -- 34 is awesome!

@ebaily -- I am starting the C25K today at the gym and a 5 minute run seems impossible. I hope I have as much success as it sounds like you are having.

@Jenny - welcome. This is a wonderful group with very supportive folks

@jtconst - Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I miss the ocean and August (heading to CT for vacation) seems a long ways away.

@GrandmaKaye and skinnyjeans -- loser clothese = big success. WTG!

@kah - I'm lucky...I only had migraines in my 2nd trimester but I remember them...hope you don't get them too often.

@GorillaNJ - sounds like you are kicking some *kitten* -- good job!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    tlh--I'm with you in the xstitch. I do all kinds of needlework, but that is my favorite. I have a big project that needs to be finished by May so I need to do a lot of "substituting" this month. :wink:
    My living room got turned into a dance studio by the teenagers last night. They were doing wii Dance 4. They were sure having fun, but I didn't have time to join them. Maybe I will have a few minutes today. There is sure a lot to do just to keep this many people fed! I did go for my walk. A couple of my daughters went with me.
    My goal this week is just to keep my head above water and not blow things while everyone is here.
    Have a good day. Kaye
  • kvandeest
    kvandeest Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to log in and message at least 5 days. I am trying to track my food daily. I feel like I am ready to start the journey again. I am thankful for all of the support and though we all have struggles I am glad I am not the only one that is battling a weight loss journey. Work is busy right now with state assessments.

I hope everyone has a great week. Keep tracking and excerising.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Today I gave up my second and third cups of coffee with milk and sweetener in them. I only had one cup. Its a big sacrifice for me as thats how I've started my mornings for years, but I need to give up the milk calories. Too many in the morning.

DoBarber sent me an inspirational message yesterday. He is still working away at his goals. He is one determined man! He gets me moving by telling me about his plans.

I am looking into learning a hand craft too - I need to find an instructor, but I like the idea of doing crochet squares for some agency that will put them together. It would be great to do at night when I want to munch when I watch TV.
  • VAGirl2BFit
    VAGirl2BFit Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Morning! Checking in on my Day 2 - It was funny to read about Xstitching. I used to do that all the time and kind of miss it. I've thought about picking it up again - Maybe I'll go down in the basement and pick up the last project that I was working on. Reminds me of all of the things I've done over the years. :smile:

Tlh - any big plans for your birthday? My hub just turned 40 this past December! Threw him a huge party "Bringing New Meaning to the F-Word" We had such a great time! Plans for my bday this year are up in the air still....

So my Day 1 was good - I thought!! I stayed on track all day with the meals/snacks that were planned out and I didnt really have an issue until around 4pm when I was feeling a little hungry. I drank a bottle of water - still wanted something to eat but just focued on work and then once it was 5pm I was leaving work and that distracted me a bit. Made dinner when I got home and that was that. I didnt work out even though I wanted to. I have the hardest time with adding a workout back into my routine. My schedule is a little mixed up today (and yesterday) since my Hub-a-Dub and I are carpooling while his car gets fixed by today - So we got home later last night and I certainly didnt want to work out. I'll try for it tonight though. I'm more of a morning workout kinda girl but I need to leave my house at 7am and Im usually up at 6 to get dressed and deal with the dogs and all that jazz so Its hard to imagine waking up at 5 to workout! Ugh! Hard to just get into that routine! Trying not to beat myself up about it. They should have a Textable Personal Trainer or something so that I can subscribe to it! That might work for me! ha ha!

Day 2 - Breakfast was horrible - but not as bad as the hummus from yesterdays snack!!! :sick: Never going to try that again! The rest of the day should be fine with snacks/meals.

My Goal for the day is really to just focus on TODAY and stay on track. I got my water in yesterday so I want to do that again today and Journal my Food Diary like I did yesterday. A workout tonight will be a bonus if that happens.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I have been MIA for atleast a week or more sorry. Last week of March was my 40th bday and that week was so crazy with friends and eating out trying to get homework done. I haven't logged either figured I would take the week off and get back into the groove. I am sorry I am so far behind on posts not sure what April Challenge is.

Goals- keep doing hill program at level 5 and 3.2mph and try adding more time to elliptical.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    @Suzee- At the top of this page under Exercise/Reports there is a Find Members option to click. It will let you put in some options for friends and then show you some that you could then send invites to.

@Skinnyjeanzbound- “substituting the e-cigs for real cigs” Should count for the challenge because of the getting healthy part of NO MORE REAL CIGS! I had my last real one today (until I have drinks or have to go back on painkillers) e-cigs for me! This is probably a more important step in my overall trying to get healthy then losing weight right now. My goal is to do both. I started to try and be healthy pretty late in life and I have a lot to make up for. I wish I had read this quote when I was young:
    o "Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."-Theodore Roosevelt

@Lin- Best wishes for you today!

I went to the Neurologist yesterday; she is a pretty cool Doctor. She says I should find some Wii games I like to get some movement in. She says boxing might be one I would like. I think I’ll give it a try. She said I need to do balance exercises also which if I recall You Are Your Own Gym: The Bible of Bodyweight Exercises has some of those.
    Have a healthy day everyone!

Tom

Quote of the day:
    "The greatest thing you have is the 24 hours in front
    of you.
    The past is gone; the future is distant.
    Today you CAN succeed.
    Set a goal you can achieve in the next 24 hours."
  • susan2396
    Options
    Tuesday Goal: I really need to keep working at getting some kind of movement/exercise into my day. Also, I've got to start getting more sleep. It's truly amazing how our bodies change with age. In my younger years and just a few years ago, I could get 5-6 hours of sleep and still function no problem. Now all of a sudden if I'm not getting at least 8 I'm super sluggish. I really need to start getting to bed earlier so I can get up in the AM and exercise. Evenings just don't work for me.

@Tom - My son has a Wii, which I never take advantage of and I really should. It would be a really good way to mix things up, which seems to be part of my problem. Boxing sounds fun!!
    @Walking Queen - Happy Belated!! It sounds like a crazy week, but the celebration is over and its time to get back on a regular schedule. Hope school is going well!! I know you've got a lot going on. Check in when you can.
    @Lyndi - I'm the same way. If I'm going to squeeze in a workout, early AM is the best time. Yes, it's early, but if its our best time we have to make that commitment. I was getting up at 5:30, working out 6-7, showering and work by 8 when I was at the gym. I changed jobs and lost my gym so I'm having to tweak my schedule too. You have to find something that fits your life because if you don't you will not do it (I know from plenty of given up attempts). Hang in there! You're doing great!!
    @Kelly - Glad you're feeling better today. I bet it's the test preparation that just got you a bit worked up. You've studied and you're going to do great!!!
    @Robin - Good job on one cup!! I know that's tough to break a habit. For me it was giving up Diet Coke at 7 a.m. I'm trying to have just one or two cans a day, which is a HUGE accomplishment for me. We can do it!!