Like Minded Lushes - July 2010

Options

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon so hard last night I think I cracked my skull. That would certainly explain the headache. :ohwell:
    All wagons should have a moral obligation to supply soft furnishings to aid unexpected landings
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon so hard last night I think I cracked my skull. That would certainly explain the headache. :ohwell:
    All wagons should have a moral obligation to supply soft furnishings to aid unexpected landings
    That's when I wish you could turn off the sun or at least put it on a dimmer
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options

you knew it was coming especially since you had a crazy day at work yesterday. Its okay we all have bad days and skull craking wagon falls.

Today I am doing the IT'S FRIDAY happy dance.:bigsmile: I can taste the wine:drinker: already and vodka:drinker: and whatever else I find tonight. :laugh:

happy weekend imbibing or obstaining to all!!!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Hello all and new thread....

where to start....

near a whole bottle of prosseco Wed night.. 3 beers, 4 captain and sevens, 1 malibu and pinapple, and 5 misc shots Thursday night... Friday morning :sick:

Damn besties birthday lol. Had a blast tho... haven't really been able to get any solids down yet, but we're going to dinner tonight.. guessing I still wont' be wanting any alcohol, hopefully. Wed was summerfest so walking and 3 beers, not too bad.. actually managed to lose 1 pound since last week... can't wait til I'm actually back on track! In laws still here til Monday.. so.. my goals are small, for now.

Goals- tonight, no alcohol today or with dinner! (however MIL found there's a winery, uh oh) tomorrow, should be able to control it, gonna be the MIL my daughter and I on our own mostely, hubs and FIL are goin to see RUSH, Sunday, all bets are off.. last night there here, the 4th, and GRILLIN OUT! After Sunday, no booze til the weekend.. Have a great weekend!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I might even commit to buying the 30 day shred DVD this month as everyone seems to rave about it on here. I never said actually start it, just buy it :wink: But then again maybe that just seems like a good idea because I'm on my 2nd glass of wine :drinker:
  • BeerKahuna
    BeerKahuna Posts: 52
    Options
    I've done pretty well in that the last two weeks I've only had a couple of drinks one day during the week in place of 2-3 beers minimum every single day. I have succeeded in drinking in relative moderation on Fri/Sat nights as well, so a big improvement. My weight loss has slowed but I'm almost at my "ideal" BMI weight of 210.8 - only 4 lbs to go!

My goal next week - starting Sunday - is to not drink at all Sun - Fri and drink in moderation on Saturday only. Wish me luck!

Cheers :drinker:
  • naturebaby
    naturebaby Posts: 161
    Options
    I've done pretty well in that the last two weeks I've only had a couple of drinks one day during the week in place of 2-3 beers minimum every single day. I have succeeded in drinking in relative moderation on Fri/Sat nights as well, so a big improvement. My weight loss has slowed but I'm almost at my "ideal" BMI weight of 210.8 - only 4 lbs to go!

My goal next week - starting Sunday - is to not drink at all Sun - Fri and drink in moderation on Saturday only. Wish me luck!

Cheers :drinker:

Hey!! good job keep up the good work!
  • rjadams
    Options
    happy Friday. I am already into my second glass of red after 1 glass of white and I've got black russians in my near future:laugh:
    Da, life is good! I love friday!!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Did I really need to buy the BIG bottle of Crown Royal?!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Yep! :happy:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options

Yes!
  • rjadams
    Options
    is there any other kind of bottle to buy? :wink:
  • jendykstra67
    jendykstra67 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I finally found you guys on the new thread. It took a while due to my drunken haze. (Thanks for the email, Dave!)

I'm going to be completely honest here because I don't know any of you in real life. I drank every single night this past week. Not only that, but I drank a lot more than I usually do. I think I've got some sort of weird psychological thing going on... like I don't want to admit that I drink too much so I drink more just to prove that it's not really a problem. I know it doesn't make sense but it is what it is.

The good news is that I continue to lose weight at about a pound a week, which is my goal. On Monday I will start the Couch to 5K running program. I plan to enter a 5K race in the fall. This is HUGE for me because up until a few weeks ago I hadn't run at all since high school, and that was a long time ago!

I think the more I get outside running, the less I'll be drinking. I'm not even going to try to abstain from drinking this weekend because it's a holiday but beginning next week I will try to cut down.

Good luck to you all!!

Jen
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options

Does liquor come in small bottles???

At least you worked out today Surly.

Cheers, Sue
  • rjadams
    Options

Does liquor come in small bottles???

At least you worked out today Surly.

Cheers, Sue

the only small bottles that count come on airplanes since that is the only option.:tongue:
  • dragonfly74
    dragonfly74 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Hey peeps! I am still here. Just watched the fireworks over the lake here in Northern Minnesota and it was beautiful. I will definitely need to be on the wagon come next week (well, one week from today).

Love to my fellow lushes!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    CALLING ALL TECHNICALLY MINDED LUSHES.......

got a bit of a prob n cant solve it myself so thought i'd call m'aidez!! m'aidez!!

I am an avid user of the ipod touch app and I love it. I now am starting the C25K and have downloaded the podcasts.......they sound fine on my pc but awful on my ipod, digitally and horrid - I have not found a solution to this does anyone have any ideas please coz I just cannot listen to them as they are.

Thanks oh and yeah I am really dumb so any responses in very plain english please, ta!
  • surlydave
    Options
    The Eat This Not That article on the best and worst beers for your diet.

http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/slideshow-best-beers

Looks like it is based purely on the calorie count. Notice that their "top pick" with MGD 64 has only 2.8% alcohol by volume? Consider that this is what several years ago would be called "near beer" in places like Utah I believe where you could not sell over 3.2% or something like that. In other words, it's piss water.
  • alisonengland
    alisonengland Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    90% of my calorie intake on Saturday was champagne...I don't know whether to feel like a celebrity or ashamed! No alcohol since then but am now off to an academic conference where I have to give a lecture and always get nervous so will drink a bucket of guinness tonight. Oh well.am in my skinny(ish) jeans! ..:drinker:
  • surlydave
    Options
    I have to give a lecture and always get nervous so will drink a bucket of guinness tonight.

My Goodness, My Guinness!