Things that make you lose respect for the human race....

Options

Replies

• VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options

2. People getting annoyed at elderly people. We will all be there one day, Lord willing that is, so calm down. If you have aches and pains at 35 how do you think that you will feel at 80? Some elderly people tend to talk alot but alot of elderly people are lonely, let them talk for three minutes, the world isn't going to end.

This. I take my 85 year old Grandma shopping about once a month so she can get out and feel like she is doing something. She rides the store scooter and people give her dirty looks and are so rude to her because she is slower. It makes me so mad and I usually end up saying something. If anyone deserves to use that store scooter, it is my 85 year old Grandma who has worked hard her whole life and doesn't get around like she used to.

I love that you take your Grandma out, but so mad that other people are *kitten*! >.<
  • VanillaBeanSeed
    VanillaBeanSeed Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    In regards to my job.

Kids with no manners.

If Im talking to a Jim member and they are going "Renee! Renee! Can I Use the Phone?"

They also like to walk right up to the counter while Im in the middle of a transaction with a member. This is a private transaction, and its rude to come and stand right next to the member to wait. GRRRR
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    You know, the things that people do that ANNOY you so much that they leave you in disbelief. Here are my top three...

1. People beeping at a school bus, especially at kindergardeners. You aren't going to be there for ten minutes so calm down and relax.

2. People getting annoyed at elderly people. We will all be there one day, Lord willing that is, so calm down. If you have aches and pains at 35 how do you think that you will feel at 80? Some elderly people tend to talk alot but alot of elderly people are lonely, let them talk for three minutes, the world isn't going to end.

3. People not flushing the toilet in a public restroom. Dude, you're nasty!

#2 for sure, I'm 61 and my mom 85. Young people have no patience for her, she uses a walker or cane. When I was growing up adults taught you to have tons of compassion for older people and offer help whenever you could. I don't see that at all today, and I don't see it in government's compassion. It's made me lose respect for sure, what a sad thing for a society that has more food, shelter and lifestyle than any time in history, to lose it's civilization.
  • LadyZephyr
    LadyZephyr Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    There are so many answers I could give to this, but I'll just limit it to this:
    The Tory Party.
    Screw you, David Cameron.
  • Scott2ndGradeTeacher
    Scott2ndGradeTeacher Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    The "entitlement” mentality and the abandonment of personal responsibility.
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    - people that are on there phones all the time even on a date or sitting with there family. I once saw a family in a restraunt and all four of them were messing on there phones and no one was talking, even while they were eating they were. What ever happen to sit down with the family and talk family things.
    - people that cut me off when i am turning right in the right hand lane and there turning left from the opposite direction and come all the way over in my lane. Seriously its against the law, you must turn in the correct lane.
    - Facebook LOL.
    - People that dont think responsible gun owners should own guns.
    - Parents that are not involved in there childrens life. TV babysitters.
    - The generation that thinks everything should be given to them and dont want to work hard to achieve things.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    The Tory Party.

If it helps - I don't think they are actually human.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    The Tory Party.

I too have many answers to this question, but I have to say:

The Labour Party. Screw you Ed Miliband, and all your chronies who completely mismanaged the economy for 10 long years and want to borrow yet more money to pay off the overdraught.

But let us not drag politics into an otherwise interesting post.....!
  • dexter4564
    dexter4564 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Semi-intelligent people I used to know who have ditched their academic lives and any hope of a career to sit in their basements and preach the teachings of David Icke.
  • venefirous
    Options
    People that would rather one-up someone, rather than reach out and help them on their feet.
  • HeidibooJB
    HeidibooJB Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Too many to write now, will come back :)
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I never had any respect for it anyway.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    The human race in general..ones that are cruel despicable things that hurt other things etc.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Hipsters and hippies.
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i was raised to be a gentleman at all times so what really annoys me is
    1. men who do not hold the door for ladies (especially their own)
    2. men who will not get the door for their lady when they are getting in and out the car
    3. men who go in the bathroom and urinate all over the urinal (your nasty) if it's that little to where you cannot reach walk up on it!
    4. speaking of bathrooms ppl who go in there and splash water all over the sink and not paper towel it up (annoying) then the person behind clothes get wet
    5. men who think they are a ladies man and use the bathroom and then walk right out without washing their hands (makes me want to walk out and tell all the ladies he talking too "careful this one has hepatitis"
    6. men who say they have to babysit and they are talking about their own children NEWSFLASH it's called parenting try it more often!
    ok now for the other list
    7. ppl who get in the 20 item or less aisle and they have 40 items and then get an attitude when the cashier tells them they cannot stay in line
    8. ppl who blast their radio and they have small children in the front or backseat
    9. (one more for men) PULL YOUR FREAKING PANTS UP!

oh i feel better thanks for starting the post :smile:
  • writetomab
    writetomab Posts: 226
    Options
    Watching any episode of Geordie Shore, The Valleys or Big Brother!
  • McButtski
    McButtski Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    'Losing respect for the human race' isn't a sentence I use lightly.. certainly not with regards to bad animal owners or the way people choose to vote, personality traits or their little quirks.

I have lost a lot of respect for global society recently unfortunately

I lost some when I heard of Yue Yue, the two year old Chinese girl who was run over by a van and left to suffer and bleed in the street as people WALKED ON BY. She was then run over another two times before a street cleaner came to her aid. She later died in hospital.

Then some more when I heard of Jyoti Singh, the 23 year old Indian medical student who was gang raped by five men, so brutally that her insides came out of her rectum, then she was dumped on the street and left for dead, she died two weeks later in hospital due to her horrific injuries.

In my own Country, I lost respect for humanity when I heard of Savita, a beautiful Indian woman living in Ireland who died as a result of doctors in charge of her life looked after her with Religion, rather than medicine.

Every time I turn on the news, I lose respect for us.
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    RATE THE PERSON ABOVE YOU!!! ONLY IF YOU CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH
  • 250orunder
    Options
    #1 - which even I am prone to do at times -- is judging anyone else based on my standards -- I am a member of the human race, as are you, in which you are losing faith. I am a great believer in a philosophy that proposes you: "If you don't like something, do something to change it; and if you can't change it, learn to live with it."

Complaining or "preaching to the choir" has no effect other than stressing yourself and/or irritating others. God (yes, there IS a God) placed us on earth to learn and share, not to teach and expect others to do it our way. If you want to save the world, then start by taking the weather as it comes, and (for passengers) if you don't like the way someone is driving, then YOU get behind the wheel and let him or her ride and enjoy the scenery.
This discussion has been closed.