the best thing you bought that helped you lose weight?

Options

Replies

• Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Proper food.
  • samanthajade124
    samanthajade124 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    kettlebells!!! :D
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    -HRM
    -Oly Weight Set/Bench/Rack
    -Food Scale
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    A gym membership! Started lifting 4 weeks ago and have never seen such rapid body changes since beginning this a year ago! Or...investing in your own home lifting equipment. Space was an issue for me.
  • tgorshkov
    tgorshkov Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    heart rate monitor and food scale
  • AnnmarieSimmons
    AnnmarieSimmons Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Has to be my 30 day shred dvd
  • dwhitmoyer
    dwhitmoyer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The iphone has been extremely invaluable. Because it allows me up to the minute access to Myfitnesspal! But I did buy a fitbit and their Aria scale for real time tracking of weight and calories expended. It also showed me how little sleep I've been getting (a contributor to weight gain).
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Food scale and my HRM
  • mari213
    mari213 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A Fitbit & Nutribullet! :smile:
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    My Breville Juicer has been my best purchase so far.
  • LauraSS
    LauraSS Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My Heart Rate Monitor and my Tractivity pedometer that ended up being the best personal trainer ever to work with my Ego in a good way to Push myself out of my comfort zone and actually moving for 10,000 and more a day. I have released 18 pounds extra in the last year just by walking/Power Walking.
  • haymancm
    haymancm Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My heart rate monitor. It's far more accurate than my fitbit or even MFP. But, I also like my fitbit for counting my steps to reach more than 10k/day.
  • alwayskungfu
    Options
    Proper food.

Yep... Real healthy food, 'don't do diets' Eat well at below you BMR move and lift stuff, you can do it, good luck :glasses:
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    A jump rope and a suspension trainer.

Jumping rope for 15-20 minutes a day as a companion form of cardio to a primarily bodyweight based strength training regimen using the suspension trainer while observing strong nutrition practices with relatively few "cheat" days was what allowed me to shed 138 lbs.
  • Goldie2u2
    Goldie2u2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Lots of people suggested the scale and weights that I'd suggest..but wanted to put a great word in for my eliptical. I LOVE IT! It took me time to build up but now can do 40 mins a day..important thing is to know before you spend this money on a big ticket item you will commit to it. I cleared out half my living room (it's about being fit not looking cozy LOL!) and I use my eliptical and treadmill right there..I can turn the tv to see it, I can crank up the tunes..and its right there in my face..where my family can SEE if I used the equipment which helps keep me accountable.

Also I'd add..Jillian Michaals 30 Day Shred...like $10 and the best short workout you'll find!
  • TheJamesLiteProgram
    Options
    My Withings Scale that measures weight, lean mass, fat mass, etc.
    My Food Scale that helps me with portion size.
    My Heart Rate Monitor that helps me monitor my workouts.
  • alandanziger
    alandanziger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My gym membership - $10/month and it's the best bargain ever. I'm there on the elliptical or treadmill at least 10 hours a week, for almost 3 months now.

I figured out that a decent elliptical or treadmill costs $500-1000, where my gym costs $200/year -- $120/month and a $79 annual fee (in October, if I'm still going). And I can quit any time I want... Not that I want to. :)

If I got a treadmill I'd probably still also want to use an elliptical, and they do need maintenance, and I'd still want to use some weights too, and..and..and... :)

Beyond that, I have a BodyMedia Link (3 weeks and I'm still not sure I like it, but I'm using it!) a Fitbit One, and a Fitbit Aria ('smart' scale) and I sync both with my phone and with MyFitnessPal. Yeah, I'm a tech geek... :) Being able to automatically track the numbers is great.
  • kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My bicycle. It's roadie that's really light and fun to ride. I bought it used, don't know the specs but it's a nice one that requires shoes to clip into it with.
  • bonjalandoni
    bonjalandoni Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I know eating less and working more is the key to loosing weight, but i want something else anything else to help me drop the pounds! I have a bit of cash that I want to spend on myself but I dont know what to get, I was thinking maybe an elliptal trainer for home or an ab-tek belt...?! Ideas are welcome :)

Get a body media fit, it takes accurate count of your calories burned everyday. Plus it tracks a couple more things like sleep, etc... It takes the guesswork on one more aspect.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Digital food scale and a FitBit