Meals Under 100kcals - NEVER GO OVER!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Cripes... go over a couple hundred for the day. It won't kill you. It's not about being under your goal every day, it's about being very close to it on average.

But restricting at dinnertime just sets you up biochemically to binge again.
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    sorry I got something wrong in my post, the girl's ultimate goal weight was 76lb:( and I am not a bully, I care:(

Making open forum comments that demotivate or could very well send someone who may or may not already be in distress due to harmful choices they may or not be making is not caring. Sending them a PM voicing your opinions in your caring way is more appropriate and saves thread readers from dodging pointless comments that do not positively reinforce the OP. Just because you do not agree with anothers lifestyle doesnt make you the almighty or a savior, for the most part we are all adults here and can fend for ourselves. Actions have consequences let ppl learn from exp that is how life works. If the person isn't sound enough in mind to be responsible enough to properly take care of theirself....research Darwins thoery of natural selection. One way or another it will be dealt with.
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Cripes... go over a couple hundred for the day. It won't kill you. It's not about being under your goal every day, it's about being very close to it on average.

I went out for lunch today, few beers, big meal. Basically over my days limit. Now do I got home and have a normal 500-600 cal dinner? And make it worse or do I have something for 100......I no what I would do
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options

I went out for lunch today, few beers, big meal. Basically over my days limit. Now do I got home and have a normal 500-600 cal dinner? And make it worse or do I have something for 100......I no what I would do

I guess what's frustrating here is that I see posters reacting as if the idea of "never go over" is legit, when it just isn't. You have a calorie goal for a reason, and you ought to eat close to it. It's fine to go over now & then. It's fine to be under it now & then. It should all average out to close to your goal amount.

Your example is not about binge-eating. If you have a binge-eating problem, which at least one person on this thread said they did, then my suggestion is to have a normal, light dinner so that you are not perpetuating the bingeing cycle from a physiological standpoint.

And in your example, I'd have a light dinner, go over a couple hundred, and not sweat it. It's just not that big of a deal, whereas being in a binge cycle is a really big deal by comparison.
  • lauz45
    lauz45 Posts: 243
    Options
    I got bored of the hysteria by page 5, how judgemental are some of you? The OP has explained her reasons over and over again, and you're just not listening.

Personally I will find these very useful, as i'm doing the 5:2 diet, and these will be great for my 'fast' days. Even if I wasn't doing that, I totally get the purpose of the thread and I don't actually know why people feel the need to be so blimmin' rude!

(btw OP, you're very funny!)
  • ijavagypsy
    ijavagypsy Posts: 109
    Options
    Thank you for the great ideas!
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP but controlling your food intake (and feeling as if you have some control in your life) is exactly what EDs are all about.

Controlling it to 1500kcal is an ED? Seriously?

Isn't controlling your calorie intake, whether its to gain or lose weight, what MFP is all about!?

she's referring to the emphasis put on it by the OP. the OP feels like she needs to trick her family and friends into thinking that she's eating more than she is, because she supposedly binged earlier in the day. part of maintaining a healthy mentality towards dieting is realizing that sometimes things are out of your control and you have to just take them in stride. i think it's also very suspicious to refer to 100 calories as a meal. they are small snacks that can help keep you under your daily calorie goal if you end up over eating earlier in the day. but doing so in order to make people think that you're eating a lot when you're not, and to dodge questions about why you're not eating, is deceptive and can lead to disordered eating mentality (or aggravate already disordered behavior).

yes, exactly. Saying "it gives me control back" hints at how so many people suffering with EDs are focused on the control they get from limiting there food and it's not just about food. It's about having ANY control within their life because many people don't feel as if they are in control. So ultimately, all they have is controlling how much they eat - no one can take that away.

So yes, we are all controlling and being conscious about what we are eating but the emphasis on getting control back through limiting food could be a dangerous concept.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    great ideas :smile:
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these and a good idea. I will definately find these helpful for days when I am struggling to hit my goals as well as when I accidentally go over.

BUT I'm not sure your real reasons for compiling this are all that healthy tbh. The wording you used as well (including the idea it cannot absolutely be any calories over 100) as to me what came across as a way to disguise undereating set alarm bells ringing for me.It could just be bad wording though. If that is not really your intent then, I apologise, but I see a lot of emerging ED's in my job and that is definately in line with how they start.

EDIT: I see you have now made some changes to the blog. Cool!

A friendly word of advice, you seemingly biting everyone's head of for reasonably showing concern as to the intentions of your blog are a bit suspect to me. Whilst you may feel people are being mean, being rude back is not taking a higher ground, especially when the retaliation is over the top for what was said.

Sorry for not being a delicate flower about it all, but if you are here for validation about your relationship with food or trying to find unhealthy inspiration, you aint getting it from me. Cruel to be kind and all that,
  • Pkeenan1229
    Pkeenan1229 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump for when im having a bad day and dont want to kill my diet! thank you!