whats everyones 300 calorie, filling, Fav meal?

Options

Replies

• MyChance2011
    MyChance2011 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I found these terrific recipes on cooking light through a google search, you should all check them out. They are all 300 calories or less and look pretty yummy and filling.

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/300-calorie-dinners-00412000076815/
    [/quote)

Wow thanks! I can not wait to try the Feta and Spinach stuffed pork chops Yum Yum!!!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    A patty of extra lean ground beef and a HUGE pile of roasted broccoli topped with lemon zest and a bit of parmesan.

That sounds like a fav meal!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My lunches are typically around 300. Usually it's leftovers, but some other favorites are:

Sandwich wraps - Basically a salad (generous handful of dark leafy greens, some other chopped veggies I have on hand), some type of protein (hummus, leftover meat/fish, canned tuna, tofu) and some type of mustard, hot sauce or vinegar as dressing.

Handful of spinach or arugula, 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, chopped tomato, black pepper

Apple sliced and dipped in hummus

Carrot and celery sticks dipped in peanut butter.
  • shirdiana
    shirdiana Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    homemade chili, it's the perfect food, you have protein, veggies and fruit (tomatoes) all in one bowl!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    4 oz of salmon (160 cal)
    1/4 cup of brown rice (40 cal)
    bunch of stir fried veggies (broccoli, zucchini, carrots, etc...)

1/4 cup of rice is 4 tablespoons. How is that filling?

Because you eat it as a part of a meal, not as a meal... The question was what is your favorite, filling, 300 cal meal. My favorite filling meal is Salmon, a bit of brown rice, and a bunch of veggies...

protein and fiber are very filling, the veggies alone are very filling because you can have more of them. I think the point here is eating more healthier options and getting the most bang(nutrition and fullness) for your buck(hunger) Take a look at my diary I am not hungry anymore between meals. Balance of protein,fiber, carbs and fat accompanied by lower sodium intake makes for happy love to eat me and the added bonus I am full of energy and feel a lot better than my old self that ate processed fooods at almost every meal. I do not eat full clean but I aim for it.

and after looking at your diary you are starving yourself..... 1200 calories a day... 1 slice of bacon????....come on !

I looked at her diary, she is NOT starving herself! (or he, I didn't notice that part). It looks like someone who LOVES bacon, but realizes that it needs to be eaten in smaller amounts. Just because someone else's diet doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it doesn't work for them! There are so freaking many negative people on this damn site! If you don't like what someone else does, f-it, don't respond!

I like this thread, I could use to have several 300 calorie meals per day, instead of one huge binge meal, like I did last night :-( I am still learning though, and we ALL screw up as we are learning. So before you try to bash me for what I do, remember, you made mistakes as well.

oh ok...so 1200 is NOT starving.... am I reading you correctly ??? Just want to make sure we are on the same page here. I eat 300 calorie SNACKS they are NOT meals.......

and my reference to her "bacon" was not in disgust ....it was that who the heck eats 1 slice.... sheesh. either have a serving of bacon or don't bother.... if you like it, eat it.... but don't mess around with 1 slice LOL
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    300 calories is a snack.

Let me know when we're discussing real meals... like 750+ cal ones.

Semantics. My lunches are typically around 300. My dinner is usually 900-1200. Both are meals (according to dictionary.com)

meal /mil/ Show Spelled [meel] Show IPA
    noun
    1. the food served and eaten especially at one of the customary, regular occasions for taking food during the day, as breakfast, lunch, or supper.
    2. one of these regular occasions or times for eating food.
  • ericachristie85
    ericachristie85 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    2 eggs
    1 banana

mash banana, mix eggs in & cook like a pancake. 247cals & will fill you up till your next meal.

Never heard of such a thing. I am SO trying this today!

This sounds interesting...I will be trying this! Never heard of anything like this

I do this with a tbsp of coconut flour. Such a yummy snack. I learned about it from a friend who follows the paleo diet. I like it with syrup!!
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    2 scrambled eggs (with maybe 1/4 cup of milk)170ish), 2 slices turkey bacon(30), natural applesauce (50) salsa (15) =273 (give or take depending on brand and milk usage)
  • jsd_135
    jsd_135 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt and homemade granola. Eat it every morning. With flaxseed it clocks in around 360.
  • Brads2ndLife
    Options
    Steam the fish (just wrap in a tin foil envelope and bake in a moderate oven for 15 mins. no mess)

Stir fry the 3 cups of veges. tip the fish in with juices, break u;p and gently turn through veges.

Makes a huge serving.

I also add about about 2 teaspoons of ground pepper to the fish before cooking. and about the same to the stir fry. As well as 3 or 4 dashes of Tabasco sauce and a splash of soy sauce.

ht62pe.gif
  • jrniven
    jrniven Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    La tortilla factory low carb high fiber tortilla.
    1/4 of an avacado
    4oz grilled boneless skin less chicken breast
    2 tablespoons pico de gallo
    2 tablespoons habanero salsa
    1 cup raw baby spinach

Wrap that all up in the tortilla, and enjoy! Just over 300 calories.
  • jogy
    jogy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    300 cals is not a meal, much closer to a snack.

I wish!! To loose a pound a week, I ahve to eat 1300 calories a day. Do the math!!!:wink:
  • floodedlungs
    Options
    Probably egg noodles with chicken + sauce, comes to just under 300 calories and is delicious and fills me up for hours.
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    No 1200 is NOT starving. If you have a low activity lifestyle you don't need much more than 1200! If someone is working out on a regular basis, yes they should up their calories. But, starving is far from 1200 calories... there are some people who ARE starving, who would DIE for 1200 calories.
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Baked potato, salad, and tilapia. Yum!
  • SquidgySquidge
    SquidgySquidge Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Eurgh, why are there so many annoying people coming on here to say 300 cals is a snack and not a meal?

Go away! Why come onto a 300 calorie meal thread if just to be negative?
    It doesn't mean we eat 300 cals for EVERY meal - sometimes I could have a super large breakfast and therefore need a light lunch or dinner.

This thread has been very helpful, it's great to see some good recipes and ideas.
    Someone gave this thread earlier, I've had a look and it's great :smile:

http://www.cookinglight.com/food/recipe-finder/300-calorie-dinners-00412000076815/page5.html
  • jrue1985
    jrue1985 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My calorie goal is set at 1300 (1300 something I don't remember for sure). I am now starting Jillian Michales 30 DS and finding that I NOW need to eat more. I am hungrier than I was before when I wasn't working out as much. THEREFORE, I am upping my calorie goal a bit. But not by a lot. I could add in just more vegetables at lunch and dinner and be fine. That would only add on 100 or so more calories. It is all in moderation, and how YOUR own individual body responds to it. For you to repeatedly say "300 calories is NOT a meal" is close-minded. Some people have 4-6 or more 300 calorie meals per day. As long as you are getting all the nutrients etc that you need, it IS a meal.
  • a2o3
    a2o3 Posts: 11
    Options
    3 oatmeal cookies and a glass of milk always hit the spot! :smile:
  • Brads2ndLife
    Options
    Eurgh, why are there so many annoying people coming on here to say 300 cals is a snack and not a meal?

I have just finished my first 7 days of counting calories, or ever taking a diet seriously in my 47 years, and am really surprised how many quite satisfying things I can out together for 300-400 calories.