Water sucks, it really really sucks!

Options

Replies

• palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Try setting an alarm on your phone to drink water, if you have a desk job try drinking 1 8oz cup every hour you are at work. This way you're getting at least 8 cups a day and it's a good way of breaking the work day into smaller segments which might help it go faster. Also, when I worked in a restaurant a group of us started a "water club" which sounds really cheesy but when you have access to all the free soft drinks you want and you are running around in and outside in the summer time on a busy night you can get dehydrated pretty fast. We would drink 2 16 oz glasses of water before our shift and 2 when the rush was over.
  • phenixred
    phenixred Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hate water too. I use MiO to flavor it up a little. just a few tiny drops can make the water taste better. It does contain Splenda though.

Edited to add: I almost forgot... My mom uses ginger to flavor her water. She just buys a ginger root at the store and than uses a standard cheese grater to grate some into her water. It tastes pretty good, and I don't even like Ginger all that much.
  • crazylesty07
    Options
    I didn't like it at first so I started adding adding lots of fresh lemons or berries to it. I know a lot of people who do it now. Try it out :-)
  • Kacie_Toffoli
    Kacie_Toffoli Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Make a large pitcher of "fruit water". Here are my favorite combos. Let them sit for a few hours, the flavors are very subtle but will help you feel like you are getting something.

2 qt pitcher full of ice and water add:
    1 sliced apple 2 cinnamon sticks (not powdered cinnamon) scrape the cinnamon with a knife first.
    1 orange, 1 lemon, 1 lime. Sliced squeeze a little when you put them in
    Also try fresh watermelon or fresh pineapple. Smash them up a little before you put it in the water. Hope these help. If you want more go on Pinterest and just type in Fruit water there were several sites with recipes.
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    I love drinking water and I used to think that maybe the drinking water difficulty was in part due to where you live. I thought that maybe some water just taste better. While that is partially true, I think the bigger issue is that some people just don't like to drink water - my husband.

Recently, I tried purchasing Metromint - no go. It is a very expensive mint infused water - nothing else just mint and water. My favorite flavor is lemon. So if you like fresh mint, give it a go but keep in mind that my non-water drinker did not fancy that either.

Don't give up. Water is so essential to the body and processes within the body.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I have never had a problem with getting water in, honestly. :( I have a 24 oz tumbler at my desk at work that I fill 3 times a day on average, then when I get home I fill up a 32 oz glass and drink that the rest of the night until bed. That's usually the bare minimum I get on a work day. On weekends I fill up a 32 oz glass at least twice, and if I go somewhere I grab a bottle or something while I'm out if I didn't bring anything with me. :) It's something I've just made sure I do!
  • wick09
    wick09 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had to force myself at first to drink water, but that is all I drink right now. I have been really drinking water for over a year now. Before that, the only water I got was what I drank while brushing my teeth. You just gotta get use to it.
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I just bought a really cute 32oz bottle from VS Pink and I fill it about 3 times/day. For some reason water tastes better when it comes from a cute bottle. lol

HAHA! This... I've never had a problem chugging water (I prefer it over any other beverage, except beer, of course! :drinker: ) But I recently bought a cute Nalgene bottle to keep at work. I can drink 2 of those suckers by the end of the shift and still drink more at home!
  • gabiinacio
    gabiinacio Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I buy the large fiji water bottles, and I use a permanent marker to write times down the bottle. While I'm at work, I make it a priority to drink the amount of water according to the times on the bottle. (I fill up my bottle 2-3 times) By 5pm I'm finished for the day. :-)

I personally dont use anything in my water, to me I think the coolade taste is disgusting.

dc14efe6602111e2a07422000a1fab83_7.jpg
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Tis a first world problem where people say water sucks Be glad that you have access to safe water.
  • MAshleyB
    MAshleyB Posts: 76
    Options
    mio is my go to thing for water :)
  • MariaLivingFit
    MariaLivingFit Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been adding lime juice and stevia to some of my water during the day - it's very yummy - you just have to find the right combination depending on how tart you like it.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    waterboy.jpg
    you jus need to find some quality H20.....\m/
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Listen to Bobby!
    Bobbie1_zps2f511ad2.gif
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    waterboy.jpg
    you jus need to find some quality H20.....\m/

iTNm4.gif
  • robzb
    robzb Posts: 1
    Options
    I can't say there's anything wrong with trying to drink 64 oz a day of water. It might help a little with food urges throughout the day. But you have to understand that there's no scientific rationale for 8 glasses of water a day. Like someone already mentioned, your body absorbs a huge amount of water just from the food you eat. So, if you want to figure out how to drink more water, go for it. But, if it's too much of a stretch, don't sweat it; you're doing great already. And I do have to admit that I drink two to three glasses of water at dinner now that I've started mixing freshly squeezed lemon juice into it. Good luck!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Listen to Bobby!
    Bobbie1_zps2f511ad2.gif
    yeah you don wan mess with bobby, drink ya wahtaw \m/
    waterboytackle_zps9d1774a7.gif
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Try drinking it room temperature. I love water, I drink about 3-4 liters a day, but I could never get it down if it was cold! Also using a pre-measured bottle helps as well. I have a one litter bottle that I drink out of all day and make myself drink at least 2.

This worked for me as well. I struggled, hard, to drink even 8 glasses a day when I had ice in it, or even if it was just cold from the fridge. I read somewhere on here to try it at room temperature and although it took a bit to get used to it, I now prefer it that way. And I've worked my way up to 15-20 glasses a day.

I also agree with the water bottle, although as a stay at home mom I can refill easily so I use a 24 oz bottle. I also ALWAYS take my bottle with me whenever I leave the house. It's simply habit now to drink the amount I do.

I also want to add that I don't drink this amount of water because "it's the rule". Many will argue that water doesn't actually contribute to your weight loss. My reason for drinking this much water is three fold: I feel less bloated when I've had my normal intake of water, my skin looks fabulous when I've had my normal intake of water and I have rid myself of chronic kidney infections since I've maintained a high water intake.
  • Christie0428
    Christie0428 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You can add fruit to them. I've seen a lot of things about soaking fruit in water overnight and stuff to get the taste naturally.

That's a good idea. Haven't thought of that. I do sometimes add lemon but adding raspberry or strawberry with a couple sprigs of mint would be good. Hmm thanks!

This is what I was goign to suggest. I drink only water and rarely herbal tea. Mostly I love just plain cool water it is so refreshing, but when I wan a little flavor I'll cut up a couple of strawberries or raspberries and it is great!
  • msfitmom_3
    msfitmom_3 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Need help or tips on how to make sure I get my water intake in. I have been having a big issue drinking it. For the most part I get my Amino Energy powder in my water in the AM and PM but that only gets me about 40oz of water. The other 60oz I am struggling to even drink. And sadly - I am not getting really any other fluid in either.

No I don't drink soda, really don't want to use crystal light or other similar products because of the aspartame in them. So I have been thinking, since we are coming up to Spring and Summer and the wonderful sun in the PNW of making Ice Tea... unsweetened of course, I prefer it that way.

Any other idea's?

why... don't... you like water? is it bad where you live? get a filter.

it's kind of important.

I am the same way -- I do not like water. I don't like the taste of it and can only drink it if it's hot out or I've been working out and even then, it has to be SUPER FREAKING COLD to drink it all. Once it gets warm, or the ice melts, then I can't drink it anymore. It gags me. I've always been that way. I started getting little tea drink packets that you put in your water bottles (pomegranate green tea is one of my favs) and do it that way. Sure they may be some aspartame in it (I think) but it has worked wonders for me. I've been able to lose 50lbs (gained a couple back due to TOM) but dropping 50lbs and having a much healthier BMI is all I care about. Not to mention, that my body is loving the extra fluids. Tea is a good idea too :)