Lose 5 Pounds a Month- July 2010 Challenge

Options

Replies

• kpie11
    kpie11 Posts: 53
    Options
    Count me in! I've already lost a pound so far this week! My own July challenge was to lose 15 pounds!! I want to fit into a pair of white pants i bought in Feb to wear this summer! :tongue: Good luck everyone!!!!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    bru wow your good : ) ... So i went and bought my scale today and it looks promising for the week but we will see what tomorrow morning brings. as for the weekly challenge i have not compleeted it but i did walk twice a day (morning and night) every day this week since sunday with the exception of monday because it is my night to relax and watch my show and yesterday night cause hubby was out of the house, but i have walked every morning... a day or two ago i walked an 1hr 15min soo close to the hour and a half so we will see how i do tonight : ) and i have not made a new recipie.

still cant manage to not have any soda but iv been keeping it to once a day and did skip a day so far so good.
    well see you in the morning for my weigh in : )
  • lambocj
    lambocj Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Count Me In To!! I'm lookin to be 30-35 lbs lighter by Christmas!! I'm off to my Zumba class!! Catch you all later!!
  • sarahdaley
    Options
    I'm new to the site and this would be a great motivator for me...I'm in.
    Starting Weight 160
    Trying to get down to 140.
  • shelli1923
    shelli1923 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Today has been ok. I did a 50 sec sprint and my Slim & Limber DVD. Today is my rest day but I was pretty sore so I did the stretching video. It barely burns any calories but it is a good stretch! I am not thinking that I have lost any weight this week either. I guess I will see in the morning. Its been pretty quiet around here. Is everyone still doing okay?
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Ok so I planned on trying to only weigh on Fridays and Mondays...that didn't work, I still step on the scale everytime I'm in the bathroom...how do I stop?
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Ok so I planned on trying to only weigh on Fridays and Mondays...that didn't work, I still step on the scale everytime I'm in the bathroom...how do I stop?

A watched pot will never boil....

Stay away! :heart: :wink: :heart:
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late but I am in.

SW-167
    GW-162
  • fabmst
    fabmst Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? Hope not. CW 188
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    alright.....i am going to try so count me in...hope i dont let myself down.....
  • kwhitex6
    kwhitex6 Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in! My starting weight was 170 on July 1st down already to 167. My goal by the end of July will be 162. Thanks for the challenge!
  • mystery_pants
    Options
    I'm in! On July 1st I weighed 214, so hopefully I can get down to 209 by the end of this month! Got a lot of work to do, gained some over the holiday weekend, but trying my hardest right now!
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    July 1st - 157.8
    July 8th - 157.2

Aug 1st - 152.8 GW
  • abricklin
    abricklin Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    July 2: 198.4
    July 9: 195.4

Aug 2 goal: 193.4 (and hoping to reach 192)
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    July 1st: 222.6
    July 5: 221.4
    July 12: 218.8 :noway:

I'm at 3.8lbs so far!! I'm officially 10.8lbs from my Labor Day goal as well!! :drinker: I'm so happy I found this site and all of you!! I couldn't have done it without either!!! Seems that these weekly mini challenges are really kicking in for me. Hope you all get similar results. :flowerforyou:
    :heart: Bru
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited to find this Challenge! In early July, I weighed in at 159.75. This was the first time I'd seen the 150's in about 5 years (i.e. since before my 2 pregnancies). Although, however happy I am to see the 150's, I will be even more happy to see them go (into the 140's of course). So I challenged myself to lose 10 pounds by Labor Day, which works out perfectly to 5 pounds per month for July and August.

July Start - July 3: 159.75
    Aug 1 goal: 155
    Sept 1 goal: 150
    Oct 1 goal: 145
    Nov 1 goal: 140
    Dec 1 goal: 135 (my birthday!)

Someone asked how to stay off the scale... I had a scale at home, and weighed myself daily because I couldn't resist, then it broke. I didn't replace it. I weigh myself only at the gym now. I usually try to limit myself to a 'weekly' weigh in, but of course I snuck a peek at the scale last night while I was at my BodyFLOW class, and I am down 1/2 pound! It is also a good motivator for me to get to the gym on Saturday morning, because of course my morning weigh-ins are better than my evening ones!

I am starting Week 2 of C25k this week. I find since I started increasing my exercise, that I am also making healthier eating choices. Yay! Bru - nice to see a familiar face here. I'm looking forward to being a part of this group. :happy:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Dmgaloha, glad you made it here too!!:flowerforyou: This is a great group!! We are all pretty sharing, whether it's exercise related or just life. We share our ups and downs and back-arounds. We are here to support, motivate, challenge, and comfort as needed. :drinker: I think you will fit in just fine here!!

Don't forget, if you are doing this weeks challenge, it doesn't end til Sunday. :glasses: Can't make the weekend? Then triple up on the sprints today :noway: yes, triple up!!! I just came back from a run/walk, including a 10min total run, not planned, but the first 1 min 30sec I timed out to sprint as quickly as possible and still ran more afterwards!! Hope the 1.5hrs straight exercise wasn't too hard on you all. So who tried a new recipe this week? I made homemade orange chicken, hopefully gonna make it again tonight for the hubby to try. My friend picked this weeks challenges, and another friend ( a familiar face from here, Kelly :wink: ) will be picking next weeks challenges. I will have it posted Monday morning both on here and on my status. Enjoy your weekend all. Stay heathly and happy! *muah*
    XoxoxoX :heart: Bru
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    This wasn't quite a "new recipe", but thought I would post anyway... More like a new food item - I bought one of those veggies in a bag that you can steam in the microwave (broccoli, snow peas, etc), which I cooked with supper last night. It was very yummy. Even better though was the leftovers for lunch today, since I threw in a leftover scoop of wild rice, and 2 of the kids' leftover chicken fingers cut up. It made for a very yummy veg/rice/chicken dish. And so much better than my usual Friday eat-out fast-food lunches! Baby steps...
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Crap! I forgot today was Friday, and I didn't weigh in this morning. I will weigh in tomorrow morning. I have done really well all week but slipped a bit last night. Family came by to visit, and my mom made my favorite chocolate cake. I hope it doesn't haunt me on the scale!

I tried making my own hummus for the first time, and it was good. I roasted some red peppers from my garden to put in it, and I ate it with cucumbers from my garden. It made the experience that much more enjoyable!
  • AmandaLB03
    Options
    I am with you all!!! Ok Im new to this sight so any tips are welcome. I am currently 215 and want to get down to 190. IM almost 6 ft tall. I have been stuck for 2 months at this weigh. Im down from 280 tho. WOHOOOOO!!! I was that Sept last year.