Like Minded Lushes - July 2010

Options

Replies

• mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    haha.. I'm sure we've all been there rjadams!

I resisted some mega margharitas with dinner last night... just didn't feel right the 2 adults drinking with a toddler, so we both had Arnold Palmers! yum!.... funny name tho, I always knew them as California Tea... eh..

Had a glass of white wine while watching the last hour of So You Think You Can Dance.. I had to... last day it was good! lol.. so pretty good so far.. gonna try my damndest to wait until tomorrow night...
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Been gone for a couple of days. To those of your struggling to make it to tomorrow night, congrats! You're my heroes. Even to those of you feeling guilt because you gave in a day here or there this week, I salute you! I have not gone a single day since sometime last week without. And honestly, I haven't even tried. I need a serious kick in the *kitten*.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Been gone for a couple of days. To those of your struggling to make it to tomorrow night, congrats! You're my heroes. Even to those of you feeling guilt because you gave in a day here or there this week, I salute you! I have not gone a single day since sometime last week without. And honestly, I haven't even tried. I need a serious kick in the *kitten*.

If you desire a kick up the *kitten*...... Consider your *kitten* kicked!!!! Have a day off!!!!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    gave in to the heat last night and had chilled white wine. oh well. At least today is Friday and I don't have to feel guilty.
  • smwert
    smwert Posts: 300
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread again. I am on holidays and indulged every day. It cost me 4 pounds. (2 of which are already gone since I did not drink last night). My goal is to be down to 145 by July 31st. That is 6.2 pounds. I should be able to do it. I am also only going to TRY to only drink on weekends, and limit myself to 2 drinks per night. My drink of choice is rye and diet coke - but I know I use more than 1 ounce - so even with diet coke that is 200 calories per drink. No wonder I am gaining. I can down 4 drinks easy.

Did anyone very try a creamsicle. That is vanilla twist vodka with diet orange crush. It really does taste exactly like a creamsicle. The good part is thtat you can only drink 2 because they are sweet.

smwert
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Well, for the first time in ages I had wine half way through the week. I'd had a tedious day on a course about team work and when I got asked if I was having a glass of wine with dinner I didn't take much (no make that ANY) persuading! I haven't been able to exercise this week as my back is too painful but I have still managed to maintain my weight and not put on which I am happy with. Oh and it's Friday so I can have some more wine :happy: Next week I will make sure there isn't a bottle of wine chilling in the fridge just waiting to leap out and ambush me one weekday evening :drinker:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options

If you desire a kick up the *kitten*...... Consider your *kitten* kicked!!!! Have a day off!!!!

Dave, only you can kick your own *kitten*!!! Look yourself in the mirror and bend over!!!
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Two Corona's last night.

Dave, I'll kick yours if you'll kick mine.

Seriously, I have had at least one drink every night for over a week now. I think last Tuesday was my last time not drinking anything. i am staying within my calories, though. Today is Friday, and the only difference is that I drink without guilt. :-)
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options

Dave, only you can kick your own *kitten*!!! Look yourself in the mirror and bend over!!!

Yeah, if you do some butt-kicks, you can have another beer!! :laugh:
  • surlydave
    Options
    Everyone is WAY too focused on my *kitten*! :wink: :drinker:
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options

Too funny...you wish (as she sips/gulps her wine).
  • yvonnej1
    Options

...Well you bought it up and now it seems to be the HOT topic...
  • surlydave
    Options
    Guilty as charged!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    2 glasses of pinot grigio and a buttery nipple so far... we'll see how far this goes...
  • rjadams
    Options
    A whole bottle of Kendal Jackson Chard and then a couple of vodka rocks. It was good night.!!!
  • smwert
    Options
    Oh no. I just got invited to a bonfire tonight. I k now there will be drinking and I have just start afresh Thursday with following my diet and cutting out alcohol. I suppose I could just drink diet coke in a glass and no one would be the wiser.

I feel like staying home so I won't be tempted. Then I wil just feel worse for missing the fun.

I have almost no willpower!!!!!
  • mvlaurel
    mvlaurel Posts: 22
    Options
    Now THIS is a group I can relate too!

I know that alcohol has been a hindrance in my weightloss, but I really enjoy it and I dont want to give it up!!! I will admit that I feel better when I drink less, especially since I have to get up at 3 a.m. for my job. I try to say "only on weekends" but my weekend is wed/thurs and everyone elses is sat/sun. Which do I choose? Both, of course!!

I did well tonight by only having one beer, but what I really wanted was a few glasses of chard.

I'm trying to get back on track. Started out strong last month and then everything derailed. I'm hoping that getting back online and finding topics like these will motivate me :-)

Thanks for listening!

L
  • smwert
    Options
    Well we ended up staying home from the bonfire. Too many mosquitos - so I did not drink last night. yeah - I am down a pound today.
  • rjadams
    Options
    had some vodka last night. Now I start the next stretch of dryness. I hope I can make it until Friday night.
  • yvonnej1
    Options
    well somehow despite drinking more wine, not exercising at all, upping my calories and eating the most delicious chocolate cheesecake I lost 2lb this week. If only it always worked like this. Back on the straight and narrow next week, well maybe nearly, my daughter has made chocolate cup cakes and after 2 months of resisting all such temptations I think I may just give in.