Prayers to those affected at the Boston Marathon

Options

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Can I just add something and I am deliberately doing this in caps?

PEOPLE PLEASE STOP ARGUING ABOUT GOD/NO GOD/OTHER ATROCITIES

Does it really matter, it is not about religion at this very moment it is about people who have lost their lives and are injured.

Families and friends

Please show a little bit of decorum and put your own arguments to one side?
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    This is messed up, but I don't think the world needs some deity.

If you're around the Boston area and actually want to help, donate blood so those injured can heal.

Very good idea.Many ppl had limbs blown off it will be needed

This is a great idea, I'm way too far or I would. I do also believe in the power of prayer, but that doesn't mean we aren't called to help. People who are able and close please help in any way that you can.
  • Fiesty1006
    Fiesty1006 Posts: 95 Member
    Options

Does it really matter, it is not about religion at this very moment it is about people who have lost their lives and are injured.

Families and friends

QFT
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I find it insane that I, a Christian, can offer prayers to my Muslim step grandmother when her husband passes without debate or screaming and we can conduct ourselves with respect and class yet you guys can't manage it here.

That is because there are rules set up by MFP to prevent you. Besides aren't christians suppose to pray in their closets (in private). Isn't this exactly what your jesus got mad at other people for?

Take your own advice hypocrite.

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Another explosion just gone off!

Now up to 12 dead while everyone is arguing about God!

Thank you for the info! I dread turning on the news right now. For the love of god, why don't they clear the streets? Do something! So many lives lost.

The third explosion was controlled.

Yes but was the fourth?

the 4th was controlled as well.
  • wizwitch
    wizwitch Posts: 82
    Options
    :noway:
    Why, Why :cry:
  • freebird777
    Options
    This world needs God! :(

And what if someone did this in the name of god?

In this situation the world needs to just not blow people up.

My thoughts exactly. This very well could have been, along with many other violent tragedies, done in the name of God. What this world needs is LOVE.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Another explosion just gone off!

Now up to 12 dead while everyone is arguing about God!

Thank you for the info! I dread turning on the news right now. For the love of god, why don't they clear the streets? Do something! So many lives lost.

The third explosion was controlled.

Yes but was the fourth?

There are not 12 dead.
    There has not yet been a "fourth." Everything else has been controlled.
    They DID clear the streets.
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    Funny how it's all free speech and open minds until someone disagrees with your liberal bull ****. You're the one being divicive. If you dont believe in God or religion that's fine. Why don't you keep your beliefs to yourself - or does that only apply to those that believe?!?!?

Its not about free speech. Not on this website. There are clearly rules preventing free speech...I think you are confused.

Nope not confused at all. Thanks though!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I find it insane that I, a Christian, can offer prayers to my Muslim step grandmother when her husband passes without debate or screaming and we can conduct ourselves with respect and class yet you guys can't manage it here.

That is because there are rules set up by MFP to prevent you. Besides aren't christians suppose to pray in their closets (in private). Isn't this exactly what your jesus got mad at other people for?
    FFS dude.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Prayers going out to Boston. So sad
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    This world needs God! :(

And what if someone did this in the name of god?

In this situation the world needs to just not blow people up.

I don't want to start anything on here... this isn't the place or time for that. BUT.... if anyone did this in the name of "god"... then they're not worshiping the true God... and this is not HIS fault. This has been done by completely selfish, immoral, and ignorant people who don't know how to act with anything other than violence.

Hue hue hue, the one true god. You mean Ra right? or Zeus, or Allah, or Yaweh, or Me?

This is not the time or the place for this debate. Please do not come in here and be disrespectful. It's not right no matter what you believe in.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

Families and friends

:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • MelodyAnn323
    MelodyAnn323 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Here's a link you can use to track loved ones that were participating in the race:
    http://raceday.baa.org/individual.html
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options

Families and friends

YES PLEASE STOP ARGUING! this is NOT THE TIME NOR THE PLACE! people are injured, lives have been lost and all some of you can do is ARGUE! HAVE SOME RESPECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    So sad :cry:
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.

Take your religious posts elsewhere

What makes you think you require a particular religion...or any religion at all to pray? Why in the world would you come into a thread clearly marked "prayers to those affected..."? Just so you can spew venom? Just so you can clearly state your complete lack of compassion or empathy for how others deal with pain and tragedy? Way to go "you"!

Prayers and positive thoughts to those affected by this senseless act.
    In fairness, mods are diverting all traffic on this topic to this - this poster didn't have a choice about where to post. As an atheist, I was picking another one to post on, but couldn't because it had been locked and redirected here.

(To be clear, I don't really care. I'm happy to be with prayerful people, even if I'm not so inclined myself. More just saying ease off a bit, perhaps. No need to be getting angry with each other right now?)
  • FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    It's pretty disgusting that people are using this tragedy to bash each other's beliefs.

It's okay if praying brings you comfort, and it's okay if it doesn't. Either way, the focus should be on those poor people affected in Boston.

My heart goes out to them, and I hope we know more soon. Senseless tragedy.
  • PureAdamic
    PureAdamic Posts: 185
    Options

Families and friends

:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Yeah and keep your religiousness off the public forums
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Here's a link you can use to track loved ones that were participating in the race:
    http://raceday.baa.org/individual.html

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.