• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    :angry:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1qiwvLwgP1rsif13o1_500.jpg

What annoys me about this is that, fine, you're eating 'healthier', but what in the damn hell am I supposed to make using the ingredients they bought at the grocery store? Nothing goes together! There's no specific meal here, just generic, random 'healthy' items.
  • zahid222
    zahid222 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Looked up the calories and nutritional content. The only way to eat the McWrap is grilled, w/out any sauce and extra lettuce and tomatoes (I always add pickles!!).

How do you count the calories after making the exchanges?
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Hey this is 'merica! people have the right to eat what they want and sue companies for their choices.

It's pathetic eh? It's not McDonald's fault, its OUR FAULT! Its a dang restuarant - i take the blame for loving their french fries. If i want to eat there sometimes, i will! I am SO SICK of hearing people fight against McDonalds or any fast food. I'm sick of it. I am definitely pissed off that because of it, Mcdonalds now has a SMALLER fry size in their happy meals. Dang it, i love their fries and the happy meal is what i like to get but i wont even get that now bc of the fry size. I mean really, it's got what ten fries in it? SUPER LAME! And we like the toys too. My kids and i eat fast food VERY RARELY, but when we do its a treat and we enjoy it. When it gets so bad they have to take the toys out of our happy meals, i'm really going to be upset! They now have the nutritional facts on EVERY item on their menu. Read the menu people - its up to you to make the right choices!
    stupid people....
    stupid country...
  • Ironman2be
    Ironman2be Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There's a study for everything saying everything is good for you and different studies saying everything kills you. If you want to believe it, you'll find the evidence online somewhere. Stop looking and avoid fast food.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

What annoys me about this is that, fine, you're eating 'healthier', but what in the damn hell am I supposed to make using the ingredients they bought at the grocery store? Nothing goes together! There's no specific meal here, just generic, random 'healthy' items.

grab a cook book. :wink:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Absolutely shocking news. :wink:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    What is a little off to me in this picture is the prices..... I wonder how long ago this was created cuz this is a bargain compared to the read supermarket store prices.....

grab a cook book. :wink:
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the statement that fast food is not cheaper than healthy food. Here in US - you can get two for one coupons, super-size free, coupons and discounts. I can feed a hungry group of kids for $12.00. Good luck filling then up on chicken, hummus, salad and veggies. Even good starches. All this will be at least $20.00 and then there are the leftovers and they are hungry in 2 hours and start to snack. Even adults, chicken, fish, lean meats are not cheap. Veggies are out of season and expensive here. The only cheap thing are dried beans and rice.

It costs more to eat healthy. That being said, you can always find good things to eat at fast food places. I agree if you compare these items on their menus to healthy food at home, it is probably just as costly. So... conclusion is... eating healthy is more expensive than junky.

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this. I've cut over $100 a month off of my grocery bill since we stopped eating so much junk food. I just bought groceries for 2 weeks for 5 people for $183. I buy lean meat, fish, chicken, fresh veggies, fresh fruit, and I get healthy snacks too. My fridge, freezer and cabinets are full. The only thing I might possible have to buy before next payday is some more bread.
  • bassmanlarry
    bassmanlarry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I actually like the snack McWrap with grilled chicken and bbq sauce. Do I consider it health food? No, but neither do I consider Subway or any other meal out health food, but it does taste good and is convenient. I would love to say that I eat 100% organic and raise all my meat and vegetables, but truth is, this is impractical. I wouldn't recommend fast food everyday, but every once and a while isn't going to kill you.
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    If you're eating McDonald's every day, multiple times a day, yeah it is probably going to create some health problems. If you eat McDonald's once a month or even once a week, and eat sensibly the rest of the time, it is not going to kill you. People need to take responsibility for their own choices and not blame fast food or twinkies or soda or whatever for them getting fat.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of fast food is cheaper per calorie, but since we don't generally want that many calories anyway it's a false economy.

I saw these images going around tumblr and I was super skeptical because some of their veg and meat seemed really cheap. So I actually sat and went through all the calculations using the UK supermarket Tesco. Right enough, the UK food was more expensive- but so was the burger king. I worked out this meal at something around £22 for the BK and £19 for the Tesco shopping (sadly I don't have the picture on this computer to show you!). Only difference is it was frozen minced beef- not the best quality- because I really had no idea what that sausage-looking package of beef was like. But you could spend that £3 difference on better beef and you're still eating a lot healthier for the money.

I think I'll take my chances with mcdonalds or BK ground beef before I eat that concoction fake burger crap.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I disagree with the statement that fast food is not cheaper than healthy food. Here in US - you can get two for one coupons, super-size free, coupons and discounts. I can feed a hungry group of kids for $12.00. Good luck filling then up on chicken, hummus, salad and veggies. Even good starches. All this will be at least $20.00 and then there are the leftovers and they are hungry in 2 hours and start to snack. Even adults, chicken, fish, lean meats are not cheap. Veggies are out of season and expensive here. The only cheap thing are dried beans and rice.

It costs more to eat healthy. That being said, you can always find good things to eat at fast food places. I agree if you compare these items on their menus to healthy food at home, it is probably just as costly. So... conclusion is... eating healthy is more expensive than junky.

not true. I can make a GINORMOUS pot of home made spaghetti that is $12 that will not only feed 5 hungry kids once, but twice with left overs. Gotta learn how to cook right. It may not be a perfectly healthy meal but i can make it with extra lean ground turkey meat and fresh tomatoes and sauce and whole wheat pasta and it'll be just fine.
    They call me Miss Frugal, for a reason.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I THINK I remember McDonalds. Isn't that the place with the double yellow arcs in front?
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

http://www.supercook.com/
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I recently saw an advertisement for the new McDonald's Chicken Wrap on Facebook. Before that, I read a nutritional review on the product and let's just say that out of everything in the wrap, the tomato & lettuce are the only items that are just that, the chicken alone is made up of over 20 ingredients!

A friend on FB "liked" the promo picture and someone commented "You're killing people with this food!" and it made me think: Is McDonald's and similar restaurants really killing people when it's our choice to eat there or not?

Source for nutrition - http://blog.fooducate.com/2013/03/27/mcdonalds-mcwraps-a-nutritious-choice/

When you brine your chicken, what do you put in it?
  • imfivebyfive
    Options
    Of course McDonalds McCrap is killing you. It's all high-calorie processed food. But you try to tell people this and they label you a conspiracy nut. It's frustrating but whatever.
  • essaryswife73
    essaryswife73 Posts: 81 Member
    Options

not true. I can make a GINORMOUS pot of home made spaghetti that is $12 that will not only feed 5 hungry kids once, but twice with left overs. Gotta learn how to cook right. It may not be a perfectly healthy meal but i can make it with extra lean ground turkey meat and fresh tomatoes and sauce and whole wheat pasta and it'll be just fine.
    They call me Miss Frugal, for a reason.

^^^^
    YES!! I do this too! I'm making a pot roast today! The whole meal, meat, potatoes, carrots and onions cost about $20, BUT it will feed all 5 of us twice with some left over after that! And I buy good quality meat and veggies. You CAN make healthier food, cheaper than you can eat out. As for fruits and veggies being out of season... is that really true any more? There are so many foods imported that you can get anything at anytime. You just have to be careful about washing them. Or buy frozen...they are just as good and just as healthy.
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    No. People need to take responsibility for their actions. No one is forcing them to eat at McDonalds or anywhere else...and if they are eating there...no one is forcing them to not make the healthiest choices because all these places DO indeed offer healthier options.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I recently saw an advertisement for the new McDonald's Chicken Wrap on Facebook. Before that, I read a nutritional review on the product and let's just say that out of everything in the wrap, the tomato & lettuce are the only items that are just that, the chicken alone is made up of over 20 ingredients!

A friend on FB "liked" the promo picture and someone commented "You're killing people with this food!" and it made me think: Is McDonald's and similar restaurants really killing people when it's our choice to eat there or not?

Source for nutrition - http://blog.fooducate.com/2013/03/27/mcdonalds-mcwraps-a-nutritious-choice/

When you brine your chicken, what do you put in it?

what do YOU put in it? brining liquid should not have 20 ingredients.