Movies everybody else loves, that you could do without

Replies

• Twilight!!! i hate those fricken movies
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Saving Private Ryan. I don't know, it just didn't resonate with me the way it did with so many people.

I agree, took me a couple tries just to get through it.

(Our avatars are a match made in heaven :flowerforyou: )
  • PamelaGatorMom
    PamelaGatorMom Posts: 348 Member
    Pirates of the Caribbean movies, IDK why I just can't watch them, I have tried cause my family loves them :grumble:

Twilight anything....do the future a favor & BURN THEM ALL!! :explode:

The Notebook, PS I love, Titanic or any other sappy whiney chic flick :sick:
  • The Twilight movies. Barf. lol!
  • __Aid__
    __Aid__ Posts: 72 Member
    Bridesmaids - I mean really? And for an Oscar nomination to have come out of this drek is even worse!

YES THIS IS THE WORST FILM I'VE EVER HAD TO SIT THROUGH :yawn:
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Black Swan (I think my wife and I both fell asleep)
    Chariots of Fire. (Saw it with my brother after hearing my sister rave about it. We walked out and I never listened to my sister's movie advice since!)
    and pretty much anything with Will Ferrell, Mike Myers and/or Adam Sandler*. (*Sandler was bearable in Wedding SInger and Happy Gilmour but the rest? No thanks.)
    and I just have a feeling I wouldn't like anything with Sacha Baron Cohen (Borat/Brüno stuff).

For the Star Wars haters - don't forget that this movie was shot using the latest and greatest special FX of it's day so it looks kind of cheesy and dated 36 (eek am I that old!) years later.
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    The Notebook. gag.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Pitch Perfect
    Ps. I love you
    Twilight
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Godfather movies. Yawn. Long and boring. Plus I'm not big on period films.

1. GTFO

2. That wasn't a period film. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is a period film.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    WALL-E
    I last about 20 minutes before I had to turn it off, and that was about 10 minutes too long!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Godfather movies. Yawn. Long and boring. Plus I'm not big on period films.

"It insists upon itself."

For Rock
  • sifjada
    sifjada Posts: 9 Member
    I hated The Hangover.....

BORING as hell...

I'm so with this. I couldn't even finish it. When they had the baby in the car I literally felt sick and had to walk away.
  • bring7
    bring7 Posts: 13
    The Big Lebowski, Fargo, or pretty much any Quentin Tarantino movie have made me wish I had the time I spent watching them back.
  • Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Fast and the Furious. It isnt realistic.
    Anything with Tom Cruise
    Saw, all of them. No point... just death.
    Harry Potter... Sorry fans.
    Pretty Women

Pretty Woman???!!!! :cry: :brokenheart: :sad:

:flowerforyou:
  • ncl1313
    ncl1313 Posts: 237 Member
    Dumb and Dumber. NOT funny. Not even remotely.
    Citizen Kane. I had to watch it for a class. It took me 4 nights to get through it because I kept falling asleep.
    Bladerunner. Similar experience to Citizen Kane.
    Howard's End. I'm not sure this would fall into the category of movies people love, but it won lots of awards. Talk about boring...to this day it remains the first and only movie I've ever walked out of, and haven't watched all the way to the end. And I've watched a lot of really bad movies.

I also hate the new trend of turning movies 3D and bringing them back to theaters (ahem, Disney). I get bringing them back to theaters; I would pay good money to be able to take my kid to see those movies in theaters. However, converting them to 3D as an excuse to make an extra $3 per person is absolute crap.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    The Devils Rejects, and well pretty much any Rob Zombie movie :/..
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Anything Monty Python
  • spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Don't hate me for listing these but I just don't like them (and it seems like everyone I know loves them dearly):

Holes
    Titanic
    Saving Private Ryan
    Casablanca
    Harry Potter (any of them)
    Twilight (any of them.....I think there are multiples right??)
    and any western movie...ugh
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    The Matrix Series, The Harry Potter Series, Saving Private Ryan....among many others...
  • _cdngirl71_
    _cdngirl71_ Posts: 112 Member
    Twilight movies and Avatar