30 Day Shred 7/13 to 8/13

Options
Who wants to start the 30 Day Shred tomorrow July 13th through August 13th....?

Replies

• meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I did it for 3 months and lost 30 lbs... then for 2 months after that I continued to lose weight...without even working out. Trying to get back into it and I think this is just what I needed!
  • malco76
    malco76 Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey, i'm new here so forgive me for being a dumb *kitten*, but what is shredding ????:embarassed:
  • terraskye
    terraskye Posts: 370 Member
    Options

I'll join in...hopefully this time around I can do all 30 days
  • meana717
    meana717 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' has a workout called the 30 Day Shred. You can pick it up at Walmart, Target, Kmart... and pretty much anywhere online. Comcast (here in WA) even has her workouts ON DEMAND so that you can do them anytime without buying the DVD. All you need is the DVD, some hand weights (recommend 3-5lbs), some space and 20 minutes.
  • malco76
    Options
    Thank you, i'm in England so i'll have a look on the net for a dvd, good luck to you all though :happy:
  • MakeupbyMissVee
    Options
    I am in..I actually started doing the Shred on July 10th but got so sore I had to take a break from it yesterday...soooo I was planning on starting it again tonight....so I am on board.

The first night of doing it I was exhausted but felt awesome afterwards. It is annoying with the jumping jacks and the constant in the floor, stand up, in the floor, stand up....lol...gets pretty frustrating but hang in there because honestly it does feel great afterward. And to all those who are heavier that are wondering if they can do it....I am starting out my Shred at 308lbs and my first night of doing it I got thru the whole dvd (20 mins of level 1) and only needed to pause like three times...so you deffinately can do it. It won't be easy and it wont feel good at the time, but it feels awesome afterwards! Stick with it! Good luck everyone.
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I just rented it from Netflix. I'm planning on trying it tonight. I want to see if it would work as stregnth training in my 10k run training plan. Good luck to all of you - I'll be watching to see what you think of it for daily use.
  • leadvocalchick
    leadvocalchick Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm IN!!! And I need to be held accountable!!!

I did about 5 days of shredding, and although it started getting easier as time went on, I stopped. It's really a great way to get in a great sweat in a short amount of time!!
  • creativefrugalmom
    creativefrugalmom Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am sooo in. I actually got the DVD today at the library. I am starting tomorrow anyway so this works out great!

I can't wait to see our results.
  • katlauricella
    Options
    im in!! going to walmart now!
  • brwneyes71
    brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    [/quote

I'm in i just bought it today and thought i would add to the rest of my workout that i do everyday ( swimming laps for 2 hours, walking incline on treadmill for 85mins and weight training for 35mins) This can only help me not hurt me. So i am looking forward to this.:happy:
  • brwneyes71
    brwneyes71 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in i just bought it today and thought i would add to the rest of my workout that i do everyday ( swimming laps for 2 hours, walking incline on treadmill for 85mins and weight training for 35mins) This can only help me not hurt me. So i am looking forward to this.:happy:
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I am really hoping to start this tomorrow.. it is my first time! I just need to go out and get some weights.. hmmm 3 or 5 lbs?
  • malco76
    Options
    Yey, i just bought the dvd on amazon for just over £6, bargain, well it will be if it helps me get the 71lbs off that i want to get off :tongue:
  • sheenmarie3
    sheenmarie3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have tried it before, but then went on vacation and fill off...so it will be great to be held accountable!
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    just picked up the weights. got both 3 and 5lbs.. i will start day 1 with 3 lbs than when i feel confident and comfortable enough I will move to the 5lbs

my boyfriend gave me the best motivation to complete the full 30 days. If I finish all 30 days he will buy me a heart rate monitor :) .. (in 35 days or under to account for a weekend away camping possibly). so if i miss a day or two I just do an extra day or two to make sure that I complete each level for 10 days.

p.s - i want to start it now since I have everything!! but I already did my workout for today and have showered.
  • FaithfullFit
    FaithfullFit Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I will start 7/13.
    I had planned on starting sunday but couldn't get motivated. I am going to make sure I start in the morning no matter how much I try to talk myself into staying in bed.
  • sheenmarie3
    sheenmarie3 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I will start 7/13.
    I had planned on starting sunday but couldn't get motivated. I am going to make sure I start in the morning no matter how much I try to talk myself into staying in bed.

I am going to try to do the 30 day Shred everyday, each morning!
  • beachteach
    Options
    Count me in as well. My husband and I started it and did 13 days. I don't know why we stopped but I want to finish it through this time.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Alrighty.....I'm in! Good luck to us all!!

Ali