5"3 girls calling for your weight loss stories!

Options

Replies

• makinitcount44
    makinitcount44 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • mona_patty
    mona_patty Posts: 170
    Options
    i started @ 198, now I am 158. What helped me was running, strength training and eating healthy. Just be patient and never give up. You can do this, anything is possible.
  • GinaMauricio17
    GinaMauricio17 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.2. Starting January 2012 I was 165lb. I've lost about half of the weight, I am now 142lbs. The first 15lbs I lost was when we did the biggest loser at my work, I did a juice fast for a week then 1200 cal diet after, I think I did P90 x for a few weeks then got a cold and stopped. But i won the biggest loser :) After that I dieted off and on and practiced maintaining when I took a break from dieting. Then I found MFP and started journaling my food and exercise. I'm kinda doing a slow but surely wins the race deal. I use to get caught up in the yo yo diet scene but patience is actually keeping the weight off for good. I'm trying to get myself to start jogging, I usually play dance dance revolution cause I can stay inside and while not paying a gym fee. 23lbs doesn't seem like a lot in over a year but its nice that I'm not carrying them around anymore lol
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    this is really inspiring!! I've lost 20 pound and still a few to go. I'm currently 62 kg - 136 pounds, and quite happy with my weight now, but I'm sure I can do better by next summer!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    bumping, 5'2" 166.6lbs. Hoping to get to 125 one day. Weightloss for me only happens at eating 1500cals or less, not eating back all exercise calories.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
  • Mita19
    Mita19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Im a 36 year old female and my heaviest was 182 march of 2012 ( after my 4th child). I lost 10lbs over the summer and managed to keep it off over the holidays. Then in January a friend recommended mfp. I started mfp at 172lbs and am now at 150. Goal weight was 135 but now I'm thinking 125 maybe 120. :)
  • justinebronson
    justinebronson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Your progress pictures make me happy! You look great. I'm also a top heavy kind of girl and I'm always afraid I'm going to lose weight and loss my boobs. But you look fantastic!
  • Meganisaface
    Meganisaface Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3 or 5"4. My highest weight was 164 2 years ago. Since then I've been up and down with my weight. I lost as much as 19 pounds, and was getting close to my goal weight. But I lost motivation AGAIN and got back up to 153. Thankfully going vegan has helped me keep to that weight with out going over. I'm currently at 151. and that's with excersising 2-3 times a day and trying to keep calorie counting. I just can't seem to get back into a good motivational mindset. I change it every day. I have been doing this 30 day challenge which has helped me work out a little more. Not enough. You aren't going to get where you want to be while sitting on your butt most of the time.
    Also, my goal weight is 125.
    I use not knowing which excersises to do in the gym as a BIG excuse to not go so often. It needs to stop. Any advise?

Feel free to follow me or read my blog! Meganisaface.blogspot.com!
  • goblue443
    goblue443 Posts: 50
    Options
    bump
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Ok i'm 5"3 I weight myself last week at 175lbs, I am aiming to lose 50lbs. I was just wondering if any girls out there been same/similar weight and lost the same/similar or in the process of!

I have been jogging on the C25K for a week, having a bad week so starting week 1 again to build myself up for monday beeing week 2! Anyway I saw my aunt the other day and she hadn't seen me in about 5 days and she said to me "Gosh Alicia I only saw you 5 days ago you look like you've lost a few lbs" - But I don't want to weight myself yet, i'm doing 3 weeksly weighins... Got 2 weeks till my next weigh.

I'm 5'3" & started at 150lbs currently down 9lbs & my Goal is to get to 120-125lbs

If you want some inspiration have a go on this.... http://www.modelmydiet.com/ I found it useful & still do use it as a motivator :happy:
  • upsydaisy2011
    upsydaisy2011 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi all joining in thread as I've just started logging again after a couple of months break. I'm 39 and around 5ft1 and live in the UK. I have always had to work hard to maintain my weight and every extra lb seems to show up when you are shorter. I am currently 139lbs (9st 13) after gaining weight at christmas and not losing it.

My lowest weight ever was 112lbs n my early 20's and was told I looked Ill at this weight, I'm not a small build for my height and have always had chunky muscular legs :(

My highest ever weight was in 2005 after the birth of my first child was 165lbs and I managed to lose 42lbs by doing slimming world classes. Since then I never regained all the weight despite having another child but lately seem to have lapsed into bad habits, I am currently studying for a degree in midwifery so the stress of the course and shift work has been an excuse to eat badly and exercise less so I am back!!

I go to circuit training twice a week and have recently started back at body pump so aiming for 2 classes of this a week too. I have reduced carbs in my diet and just trying to eat more healthily. I want to be fit not fat at 40 so it's got to be done.

Would love to get down to 119lbs but think I will struggle to get that low. Anything below 126lbs (9 stone) would be good :)
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This is an amazing thread! I love seeing all of these astounding results!!! It gives me hope!

I am 5'4" and am currently at 163. I started this go 'round at 170. My highest was about 190 a few years ago. My goal is 135, possibly 140, if I am toned and happy with how I look out of clothes. I am currently a size 8-10, but would love to be a perfect size 6. I am counting my calories with MFP and just started 30 Day Shred...

I am tired of yo-yo dieting, which I have done since high school. I want to make this a lifestyle change. I HATE exercise, but do realize the benefits of it.

Best of luck to all of you and I look forward to sharing goal pics one day!!!
  • MistressAella
    MistressAella Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This thread is seriously screwing around with my "your the only one short and not 120 pounds" thought-process..... O_o

*starts bawling like she's got a paper cut under each fingernail*

I'm hoooooooooooooooooome.................
  • ShallaLovee1
    ShallaLovee1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I fa within that 5'3" category. Doctor says I'm 5'3.5" anyways I'm currently 168lbs even though to me it doesn't seem like I'm that small. I look at picture of people maybe 3-5 lbs below or maybe higher and they look smaller than me but w.e. I started my weight loss journey in Sept.2012 at 203lbs. I'm currently doing Insanity and hoping to be my goal weight 140 sometime before summer is over. Logging my food, trying to eat healthier. Staying active. I jogged for maybe a week before all the rain and cold came back. It was nice though. Hmm. I suppose that's all.
  • jenny3073
    jenny3073 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    5' 3-3/4" SW on MFP early Feb 2013 was around 350. Current is just under 338, it's been bouncing a lot lately but hopefully will iron out and start heading down again! MFP goal is 175, but once I get there, I may shoot for 150. Best habits gained since MFP: water intake, more exercise and actually thinking about what I'm putting into my body. Have bad days but not as wreck-less as before , and it's the absolute longest time I've stuck with anything that had to do with trying to lose weight.
  • MimiLovesHorror
    MimiLovesHorror Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I am 5'2-5'3 (158 Sm) and currently 168 lbs. I am NOT petite in any way, just average sized, going on large.
    So far I've lost 32 lbs and although there is a huge difference in clothing sizes, most people don't note or notice my weight loss at all. And when looking at my progress pics i cant see it either. I believe the reason is that i lost those pounds with only a dieting and no exercise. So now i am focusing on strength and running and hoping for better results!
  • SafiyaBWG
    SafiyaBWG Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and began in november 2012 at 183 lbs. I've hit yesterday the 20 lbs mark, and will hit in a few days (hopefully) the 10 kgs mark. Sadly, I do not really have any photos (I hate most pictures of myself). I'm looking to lose another 40 lbs in the coming year, I want to weigh 120 lbs by my 19th birthday (december, 30)
    Anyone can add me if you want, i try to be supportive ! :)
  • MuslimahMama
    MuslimahMama Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MuslimahMama
    MuslimahMama Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Also TTC and trying to lose as much as I can before we are blessed with a child :happy:

Best of Luck with starting a family
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!