Milk

Options

Replies

• nickgarner6
    nickgarner6 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I drink 2%. I will I could get grass fed raw full fat!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I usually drink skim as I drink copious amounts of lattes. However, just base it on preference and your macros.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    100% Almond.

Humans were not designed to drink cows milk, baby cows were.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I use most of my milk in coffee so did an experiment changing from whole Lactaid to 2% Lactaid. I needed almost twice as much of the 2% in the coffee to get it light enough and it ended up with the lower fat option being more calories and still not tasting as good. I'm buying whole and logging it.
  • Amy_Andrews
    Amy_Andrews Posts: 106
    Options
    I currently have 2%, skim, soy, unsweetened almond, chocolate soy and rice milk in my fridge. We like variety :)
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I drink raw grass fed, full fat. It tastes incredible.

if you're gonna drink it - this is the **** to drink.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I don't drink dairy milk because my body can't handle it. I love almond breeze's almond/coconut milk though.

My kids drink regular whole milk. Both of them are really tiny, so their doctor recommended not switching them to 2%.
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I buy 2% for my girlie and when I want to actually drink a glass of milk (not very often) that is what I'll have.

When I have cereal or use milk in a protein shake I use almond milk. Way less calories and a lot more calcium than cow's milk. It doesn't taste any different to me in cereal or shakes.
    We use almond milk from time to time, but in a protein shake I would think milk would be better. Almond milk has 1g protein per cup while skim milk has 8g of protein per cup. I use skim milk most of the time, I will drink 1% but anything above that seems a little too thick. I will drink 2% if all that is available but I can't recall the last time I had whole milk.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I'll have cow's milk in moderation, but it can give me digestive problems if I'm not careful, regardless of fat content.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Skim milk!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Way to contradict yourself, you've stated that all trans fats should be avoided and grass fed dairy is higher in trans fats. So...
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Whole milk.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Way to contradict yourself, you've stated that all trans fats should be avoided and grass fed dairy is higher in trans fats. So...

Oh no don't be silly. Trans fat from whole foods is fine.

(This is what he's actually said).
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I PREFER fat free. But I heard recently that everything under whole milk will have aspertame added to it. ?? I'm looking more into it and if that's the case we will be getting our milk from a dairy, going whole only or almond milk...
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I was raised on Skim Milk, and that's what I drank up until a few months ago. I read somewhere that the Vitamin D in milk needs a little bit of milk fat in order to be processed. I have no clue it that's true, but I did switch to 1% just for the hell of it. I don't drink too very much 2% because it messes with my digestion, and that's just not pretty.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Soy or almond
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Chocolate DUH

I love you.
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    1%. Because my husband gets groceries and that's what he buys. And I will not complain about anything he chooses...anything that keeps me from having to go get groceries :) I'm fine with 1% though.
  • kiwidrop
    kiwidrop Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    2%. I've heard skim milk is more fattening than other milks. Even though, the fat is removed from skim, it leaves mostly sugars so it's more fattening.