30 Day Shred - Starting April 15 2013

Options

Replies

• CherJem
    CherJem Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm starting 30 day shred tomorrow! Is there anywhere that I can see peoples results? I have so many questions. Is anyone doing any other video with the 30 day shred? Thank you in advance!
  • Catherine_461
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I just started yesterday so I have done 2 work outs - 28 to go. I have gained a bit of weight this winter which I really want to lose so that my summer wardrobe I bought last may will fir for this year. Determined not to have to buy more new stuff (unless I can get down another size in which case happy days.

Will keep you updated on how it goes - I'm just using the youtube videos. I'm interested in the other routines being mentioned can anyone whos tried the others give us newbies some more details?

Good Luck x
  • wendyapple
    wendyapple Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i did level 1 for the first time today. i'll keep at it. hoping it boosts my motivation a bit.
  • Scattrheart
    Options
    I started the shred on the 14th, jut finished day 8 on level 1. It's kicking my *kitten* but in starting to see results. I'd like to add another workout, can anyone recommend something that works well with the shred? Something in the 20-30 min range as I have a toddler that demands attention :)
  • tatey2009
    tatey2009 Posts: 47
    Options
    so I am a few days in on level one and have decided to stop the 'easing myself in' bull and now exchange my 2 x tins of baked beans for 2 x 3kg weights

I ain't gonna get rid of the bingo wings if I don't push as hard as I can and the beans do feel kind of easy for me

Wish me luck!!
  • Nifit
    Nifit Posts: 3
    Options
    I've finally started! First three days are done and I already feel stronger than on day one (I was so pathetic and weak when I first did the push-ups!!!). To be totally honest though I have been a bit easy on myself and haven't been giving it 100% as I HATE having sore muscles....but now the body is getting used to it I'll increase the effort I put in.

Looking forward to the new toned me! :happy:
  • shellux
    shellux Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I started the shred on the 14th, jut finished day 8 on level 1. It's kicking my *kitten* but in starting to see results. I'd like to add another workout, can anyone recommend something that works well with the shred? Something in the 20-30 min range as I have a toddler that demands attention :)
    Fitness blender on you tube have a large variety of different workouts
  • leeroxboro
    leeroxboro Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I'm on L1 D7. Again! I'm doing it with a rest day once a week, and I may prolong the levels for a few days/weeks too. It's only now that I'm strong enough to do any of the moves in a proper form and actually feel the burn at all! And I only do wall pushups, I can't even manage the knee ones.

I had a go at level 2 once, and I was like "Hey, mountain climbers are easy!" No, just turns out I don't have the strength to get anywhere close to the proper form!!

I think I'm going for the 60 day shred with rest days! Though, I know Jillian's dialogue off by heart now... If I think I'm gonna die, I follow Anita!!

I follow Anita a LOT!!

Just finished L1 D6 this morning, and unless something drastic happens over these next four days, I'm definitely going to do the 69 day shred also!!

I didn't do it Sat or Sun, was visiting the hubby who's out of town working. I don't think it set me back any, I just won't be able to do as many days per week!!
  • skcarrion
    Options
    Ugh. I did good last week. No breaks. Did eliptical in the mornings followed by 30DS. Then came the weekend, and I skipped both days :( However, I did go to the gym on Saturday, then took my kiddo to a trampoline arena and jumped my butt off. Back to 30DS today though.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    so I am a few days in on level one and have decided to stop the 'easing myself in' bull and now exchange my 2 x tins of baked beans for 2 x 3kg weights

I ain't gonna get rid of the bingo wings if I don't push as hard as I can and the beans do feel kind of easy for me

Wish me luck!!

rofl. Yeah my pinto beans aren't cutting it - I'm not getting enough of a workout in my arms. My shoulders feel it a little but not enough.

Just finished L1D6. I was REALLY nervous that 2 days rest was going to throw me off but I picked it right back up and still did really well. Am feeling really strong, though those second set of jumping jacks on circuit 1 still get me - I have to take a break for a couple seconds to catch my breath.

I am already starting to feel a difference in my waist and thighs. They feel tighter, which is awesome. Can't wait to see what another 24 days brings!!! :bigsmile:
  • leeroxboro
    Options

I'm thinking about adding this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCg_gh_fppI

I've had three kids (a LONG time ago, the youngest is 22) and never worked my abs enough afterwards. I've heard that pilates is good for helping to get rid of the baby pooch!!
  • leeroxboro
    Options

Wish me luck!!

I'm still using the 2lbs for the arm raises with the side lunges, have to put them down to finish the second set. I use 3 lbs for the others....thinking of upping the 3 to 5 though...my arms are really weak!! I did manage to do 12 pushups (on knees) the first round this morning, (up from 8) but could still only do 5 the second set!!
  • leeroxboro
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm starting 30 day shred tomorrow! Is there anywhere that I can see peoples results? I have so many questions. Is anyone doing any other video with the 30 day shred? Thank you in advance!

Here is a thread with results pics....if you search 30 day shred, you can probably find more:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/964170-30-day-shred-results-with-pics
  • knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    Hey every one :) I'm starting this tonight wish me luck lol, just wondering what do I put in the excersize section of the app for here as I can't seem to find anything about the calories burnt doing the 30 day shred?

Enter it as circuit training. I made my own exercise from another, more accurate website, which said circuit training burns 850 calories/hour.
  • juliasays77
    juliasays77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well, I wasn't able to get my shred in yesterday, so today was day 8. I could definitely tell that taking a day off made a difference. I didn't feel as strong, backed off on my push ups- I did 10 on day 7 and struggled to do 6 or 7 today. I definitely don't want to take any more days off if I can help it.
  • jenlyons21
    jenlyons21 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in!! Im in a wedding next month so this will be perfect!
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    L1D10 today! When I started I stopped losing weight, but it started coming off as of today. And man, was I sore the first few days, but now I don't get sore at all. The push-ups for me are the worst.

I definitely feel a difference. Not sure if I see one yet, but I took my before pic, and can't wait to compare in 20 more days. I love the workout, it's actually really fun!!
  • fitnfab_meyer
    fitnfab_meyer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I realize I'm a week late but I WANT IN!! Will get me some shredding in tonight after work! :smile:
  • Raven413
    Raven413 Posts: 86
    Options
    Soooooooo, I'm a little behind most of you. I just started today (4/22/13), L1 D1 and I felt good doing it. Hopefully we will all have great results! BTW, are you all taking one day off or working straight through? I think that Sun. will be my rest day.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    Hello,
    First time of doing this dvd (or any dvd).. and posting here.

I started it today after having it recommended to me. Wasnt really sure what to expect, and got more than i actually expected!

I used youtube to do todays, and will probably use youtubes tomorrow whilst i wait for my own dvd to get here.

Really loving it, the 25mins just flew by, but i knew (an still know) id done it cause i ached (and still do)

Did anyone else feel they were dieing very slowly about halfway through?

Or is that just me? :(