"banana's are not your friend, they are bad."
  • JessicaJoanJarvis
    JessicaJoanJarvis Posts: 80 Member
    Broken biscuits don't have any calories :noway:
    :laugh:

hahaha i wish x
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    You should never eat after 5. Dont' eat any carbs after 12pm.
  • Darcy011
    Darcy011 Posts: 43 Member

My old roommate taught me the broken cookies contain no calories rule. I chose to believe it. ;)

I break all my cookies and biscuits:)
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    if you eat too much cheese your penis will fall off
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    If you have veggies with you donuts it cancels out the bad fat :huh:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member

My old roommate taught me the broken cookies contain no calories rule. I chose to believe it. ;)

Does that work for Doritos too?:happy:
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Coffee is bad for you. :noway: I love my coffee.
  • "Calories don't count on holidays, your birthday, and/or if you're wearing workout clothes while you are eating."

A good friend of mine told me that once in an attempt to cheer me up. I laughed my *kitten* off! :laugh:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Coffee, tea, fizzy drinks aren't water and can not be counted as water.

to be honest I only recently found out that caffeinated drinks won't dehydrate you. This info made me very happy (big coffee drinker).

whaaaaaaa
    does this mean i can have my 8 cups of tea and not worry about 8 cups of water?!?
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,170 Member
    "Calories don't count on holidays, your birthday, and/or if you're wearing workout clothes while you are eating."

A good friend of mine told me that once in an attempt to cheer me up. I laughed my *kitten* off! :laugh:

calories dont count on holiday! let me believe this!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING FOR ME? haha
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    "Almonds/avocados are high in calories, so avoid them!"

Or when I was on Weight Watchers, people mostly avoided almonds or avocados because they were high in "Points."
    They're missing out! Instead I just eat TDEE - 20% and I love my avocado slices and handfuls of almonds!

P.S. Hey, if Weight Watchers works for you, then great! But I know I need more calories than that, from calculations of my BMR and TDEE.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    The cure for *insert illness here* is apple cider vinegar and black-strap molasses OR honey and cinnamon (take your pick)

ETA: both concoctions are said to reduce body fat as well :huh:
  • jlapey

I break all my cookies and biscuits:)

You have to break it to eat it , so...
  • jlapey
    Coffee, tea, fizzy drinks aren't water and can not be counted as water.

to be honest I only recently found out that caffeinated drinks won't dehydrate you. This info made me very happy (big coffee drinker).

whaaaaaaa
    does this mean i can have my 8 cups of tea and not worry about 8 cups of water?!?

PRECISELY!!! Enjoy!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    If you eat it before the light comes on in the fridge... The calories don't count.
    Diet Coke cancels out the calories of a donut.
  • Sleekit
    Sleekit Posts: 80 Member
    BBqing your food all the time will give you cancer.
  • tom_olech
    tom_olech Posts: 139 Member
    Biggest Food Myths:

1.Eggs Are Unhealthy
    2.Saturated Fat is Bad For You
    3.Everybody Should be Eating Grains
    4.Eating a Lot of Protein is Bad For Your Bones and Kidneys
    5.Low-Fat Foods Are Good For You
    6.You Should Eat Many Small Meals Throughout The Day
    7.Carbs Should Be Your Biggest Source of Calories
    8.High Omega-6 Seed and Vegetable Oils Are Good For You
    9.Low Carb Diets Are Dangerous
    10.Sugar is Unhealthy Because it Contains “Empty” Calories
    11.High Fat Foods Will Make You Fat

source: http://authoritynutrition.com/11-biggest-lies-of-mainstream-nutrition/

I read the article, and Im having a VERY hard time believing number 2, especially considering that it states that saturated fat raised HDL cholesterol....everything i have been taught in regards to nutrition over my university career says that meals high in saturated fat cause a reduction in HDL cholesterol (temporarily), which in turn causes an increase in LDL cholesterol (temporarily).

And 6, i think that is just a matter of choice. I like small meals because i feel less hungry throughout the day....and it prevents insulin spikes...
    All the studies I've looked at say increased saturated fat increases HDL. HDL is decreased when any unsaturated fat or carbohydrate replace saturated fat in the diet.....increased saturated fat consumption also has an effect on lipoprotien size of both HDL and LDL, it increases the amount of cholesterol within the matrix of LDL lipoproteins which in turn reduces the amount of triglycerides and the main reason why saturated fat increases LDL cholesterol, but larger particles are actually less atherogenic.

Same here, neanderthin. We must have read the same studies. ;D

Ok, i went article hunting and asked around on campus...you guys were right. Studies really do indicated that saturated fats raise serum HDL cholesterol...

CAVEAT, one of my professors who is a cardiovascular physiology researcher at Toronto general hospital said that literature has shown a consistent CLINCAL significance in the reduction of CVD risks and CVD events when switching from a saturated to unsaturated fats....
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    That we need to drink 8 glasses of water ...plain water....everyday.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    If you want 10% bodyfat, you should get 10% of your daily calories from fat.

This was actually a very popular belief back in the early 90's.