Your fave stupid food myth you've heard

Options

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Carbohydrates don't matter :grumble:

Why is it that fat and protein are important to some people, but whatever to carbs? They're all important people!

That one makes a bit of sense though, protein in particular is difficult to get with your average SAD. Carbs and fats are in overabundance. Basically, we eat like agrarians, but most folks (urbanites) these days wouldn't be able to handle that type of lifestyle.
  • xMonroeMisfit
    xMonroeMisfit Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Whey protein will make you bulky.

^ My ABSOLUTE FAVE
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Guy on our first date "Dairy is what makes everyone fat. If everyone stopped eating dairy, no one would be fat" :huh:

Me: "um, that's not true. Someone could be fat from eating a whole bag of chips or a whole box of vegan cookies or cupcakes"

Him: "no one actually eats the whole thing." :huh: :noway:

Oh and then when I was telling him I was training for the half marathon and doing it for the american cancer society, he told me that is a ridiculous charity and he only supports ones that acutally help like animal charities, not ones that pretend to do research... :noway: Yep, he is insane and we did not go out again :wink:

Wow. What a winner.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Never, under any circumstances, eat ___________ (fill in the blank, I've heard it all). It will cause your weight loss to plateau.
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Melted butter has no calories
  • RAURARIKES
    Options
    eating "negative calorie" foods burns cals -____________- (celery, apples, carrots, lol stupid ish)
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    "banana's are not your friend, they are bad."
  • JessicaJoanJarvis
    JessicaJoanJarvis Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Broken biscuits don't have any calories :noway:
    :laugh:

hahaha i wish x
  • j99li
    j99li Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You should never eat after 5. Dont' eat any carbs after 12pm.
  • Darcy011
    Darcy011 Posts: 43 Member
    Options

My old roommate taught me the broken cookies contain no calories rule. I chose to believe it. ;)

I break all my cookies and biscuits:)
  • DonttrythatwithME
    DonttrythatwithME Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    if you eat too much cheese your penis will fall off
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    If you have veggies with you donuts it cancels out the bad fat :huh:
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options

My old roommate taught me the broken cookies contain no calories rule. I chose to believe it. ;)

Does that work for Doritos too?:happy:
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Coffee is bad for you. :noway: I love my coffee.
  • turbophoenix
    Options
    "Calories don't count on holidays, your birthday, and/or if you're wearing workout clothes while you are eating."

A good friend of mine told me that once in an attempt to cheer me up. I laughed my *kitten* off! :laugh:
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Coffee, tea, fizzy drinks aren't water and can not be counted as water.

to be honest I only recently found out that caffeinated drinks won't dehydrate you. This info made me very happy (big coffee drinker).

whaaaaaaa
    does this mean i can have my 8 cups of tea and not worry about 8 cups of water?!?
  • kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    "Calories don't count on holidays, your birthday, and/or if you're wearing workout clothes while you are eating."

A good friend of mine told me that once in an attempt to cheer me up. I laughed my *kitten* off! :laugh:

calories dont count on holiday! let me believe this!! WHY DO YOU HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING FOR ME? haha
  • Koholint
    Koholint Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "Almonds/avocados are high in calories, so avoid them!"

Or when I was on Weight Watchers, people mostly avoided almonds or avocados because they were high in "Points."
    They're missing out! Instead I just eat TDEE - 20% and I love my avocado slices and handfuls of almonds!

P.S. Hey, if Weight Watchers works for you, then great! But I know I need more calories than that, from calculations of my BMR and TDEE.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    The cure for *insert illness here* is apple cider vinegar and black-strap molasses OR honey and cinnamon (take your pick)

ETA: both concoctions are said to reduce body fat as well :huh:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options

I break all my cookies and biscuits:)

You have to break it to eat it , so...