Being noticed (attractiveness)

Options

Replies

• porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I rarely notice anyone checking me out. Years ago, my brother told me that men check women out when they aren't looking, which is why I never notice it. I suppose he could be right.... how would I know if I can't see them, right?

I'll admit it is nice when I do realize I'm being checked out, though.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    No one notices me but my fiance. As far as others' attractiveness, even if at first I don't find someone immediately attractive, the more I get to know them personally, the more beautiful they become in my eyes. Likewise, if you're a flaming *****, I probably will find you terribly ugly, even if by societal standards you are pretty or handsome.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend tells me has to give other guys the "Grrrr" face to let them know to back off. I never notice it.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I am-- I have an awesome rack. Always have.
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've suddenly had a lot more interest than normal, usually I get catcalled 2-4 times per months, but this week has been particularly forward. It's a bit awkward at times, especially when the guy is walking straight towards me. I feel a bit uncomfortable with it. I don't mind complements, but I get a bit squicked out when a guy is walking towards me and does the eyes up and down without looking at my eyes. *shivers*
  • artex1024
    artex1024 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I get noticed but rarely get hit on. And a lot of the guys that I find attractive definitely don't show up on other people's radar. When I go out with my brother-in-law and sister and I point someone out, my BIL always says, "what? Really? You're way out of his league."
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Fat or thinner, my "never noticed" status remains the same! I am pretty invisible I think.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    On a run-of-the-mill day. . . no. No one overtly "notices" me. When I'm all dolled up for date night, I will occassionally get a glance. But nothing to write home about. I do see men & women notice me when I'm out for a run. Sometimes the glances are reasonably positive. . .like "way to go". . .sometimes they're nasty. . . I figure the ladies don't think I should be wearing running tights ???.. . and a few times the looks have been uber creepy. But all in all, I just am not someone who has a dynamic appearance. And I'm quite alright with that. My hubby thinks I'm hot and that's all that matters!
  • michellewong699
    michellewong699 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    All about the confidence!! :wink:

I agree! Only in the past couple of years did I learn to exude an air of confidence. I noticed that, after I began to apply this trait, I get noticed everywhere... It is eerie because that really is the only thing that has changed, but guys now are always staring at me, even when I'm just minding my own business with my boyfriend. My boyfriend has a theory that men are just naturally drawn to that aura because he will notice them staring at me, and they will look away flustered when their eyes finally fall on him. Its as if they couldn't help or did not notice them looking over at me.
  • nonstopper
    nonstopper Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    It happens to everyone. Im pretty sure everyone has a creeper haha. I notice when i see eyes looking and then it becomes stairing! haha! Even seen women check out my BULDGE! haha women are such PERVS haha!:drinker:
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    While I don't get approached all that often, okay, ever really, I do get noticed a lot. I just realized this recently, before I was oblivious. So I see them noticing, but they don't approach me, which is totally fine with me.
  • diolpah
    diolpah Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have never been "checked out" in my life.

My girlfriend insists this is not true, but 1. it's in her best interest to delude herself into thinking she has good taste, and 2. there is absolutely zero corroborating evidence.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    I've always received a reasonable amount of attention because I have very, very blue eyes, freckles right across my nose, a delightfully big butt, and wild half curly hair. There used to be a time when this made me nervous/uncomfortable, but as I've aged I've learned to embrace it. I still don't like it when people automatically comment on my appearance, but I don't think they are lying anymore.
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    I don't think a woman has ever approached me
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I have too much not to sound vein! << weirdo magnet haha
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

My girlfriend insists this is not true, but 1. it's in her best interest to delude herself into thinking she has good taste, and 2. there is absolutely zero corroborating evidence.

I just creeped on your profile to see if I would check you out IRL if I ever saw you. The answer is a resounding yes. So your girlfriend is probably right.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Not when I was fat, but now, yes, I am noticed a lot, and I am definitely treated differently by men. The only time it bothers me is it obviously crosses the line into harassment territory. Last week, this guy followed me (in his truck) as I walked across a huge parking lot, saying some pretty ridiculous things about my *kitten*, among other really disgusting comments. He didn't know I had a loaded gun in my purse, and fortunately I didn't have to show it to him. But yeah, that is definitely the sort of thing I never had to worry about before.
  • BuffyEat2Live
    BuffyEat2Live Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    It must be all about confidence because when I am having one of those "I feel pretty oh so pretty" days, I feel like the world is noticing it, too, and I get lots of smiles, nods, and sometimes hit on.

But when I'm having a "I'm so ugly and fat" day, no one notices me.... yeah, it's all in my head.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Trust your girlfriend's opinion.