What's for lunch? (Be honest we all give into temptations.)

Options

Replies

• KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,258 Member
    Options
    Turkey sandwich on wheat, a side salad and greek yogurt.
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mexican Hash, a blue corn/flax tortilla, and a slice of cheese: 357 calories and delicious.
    Oh, and a donut earlier for Administrative Professionals Day. It was also delicious.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I had tri-colored rotini pasta with 1 home made meatball and home made spagetti sauce (leftovers from dinner lastnight)
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I got to my lunch late so I had progressos light chicken noodle soup with hot sauce and 2 tbs of salsa to give it kick topped with some croutons. :) 200 cals :)
  • suzieqsmart
    Options
    Mixed spring greens topped with red pepper, cucumber and tomato. 3 oz of white meat chicken (canned in water - from costco).
    and my dressing: balsamic vinegar with fresh chopped garlic. (188 cals)

For dessert: (I'm a huge dessert fan - and there should be dessert with EVERY meal) 6 fresh strawberries, 6 fresh blackberries, 3/4C of plain greek yogurt (fat free) with 1/4 cup of All Bran Buds sprinkled over the top. YUM!! (213 cals)

Grand total: 401 cals :happy:
  • irishladyo
    irishladyo Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Oh man.... I'm going to be honest here... I brought a very sensible lunch. Tuna salad, carrots for a snack. (I actually like this) but the ofice bought lunch from a mexican place (my fav food on the face of the planet) and I had a crab enchelada with rice and beans (barley touched the salad that came with it). It was good and I only ate half but I shouldn't have :noway:
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Left overs: Mexican style pork chops and quinoa.....so yummy!
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    1 cup of spaghetti, with 1 serving of chicken cacciatore that I made last night and put into the recipe calculator. Also 1 tbsp parmesan cheese. 469 delicious and satisfying calories.
  • alisa1958
    alisa1958 Posts: 16
    Options
    today i had a cup of 1% low fat cottage cheese
    a half piece of Gefilte fish (a jewish food)
    a small fresh apple

that was my lunch today.........259 calories

will have a afternoon snack to add more calories........had Lipton Cup a soup (just got back from dentist)

A word to the wise: make sure everyone is having enough calories or our bodies
    will go in "starvation" mode. I have had issues with not eating enough so I am definitely working on that.
  • smitty328
    smitty328 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken and mini peppers...yummo!
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    Administrative Professional's Day....the boss took us to lunch which was a total surprise. I was bad, but at least made healthy choices. A house salad with Soy Balsamic dressing, whole grain brick ovenpizza with chicken, artichokes, red peppers and sun dried tomatoes oh and tea with lemon and one equal packet. It was SO good!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    got me some Pei Wei Mandarin Kung Pao chicken today. Only 670 calories for the whole plate and I am stuffed! Love it.
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    I normally run home for lunch but today I had Panera Bread pick 2, the french onion soup and Fuji apple chicken salad with no chicken! And I had the bagette, YUM. 550 calories. perfect.

So a fuji apple chicken salad with no chicken. Isnt that just an apple sandwich?
  • BOOMaggedon
    BOOMaggedon Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I had a Subway Roast Beef, a Special K protein bar, and a Milky Way French Vanilla Bar.
  • liftbig10
    Options
    8oz of chicken, 1.5 cups of rice and 1/4 cup of green beans just like every other day
  • shellylb52
    shellylb52 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Amy's organic mushroom risotto bowl :tongue:
  • sjeffr
    sjeffr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    A homemade salad (greens, onions, cucs, feta, balsamic, red pepper) topped with salmon (boneless/skinless pouch), and a snack size Cliff builders bar.

The salmon in a pouch thing... I've never tried it. I have done smoked salmon.

Is the salmon in a pouch any good? Honestly?
    I'm not the person you quoted but yes, it is. I usually take a four tortilla, add lots of baby spinach, onions, red pepper, tomatoes, sprinkle of feta cheese and top with the salmon pouch. It makes a yummy and satisfying wrap. Sometimes I use the Chicken of the Sea tuna pouch. It's lemon pepper tuna and very yummy too.
  • alisa1958
    alisa1958 Posts: 16
    Options
    You had tuna mixed with, is that Greek yogurt?
    How is tuna mixed with yogurt, is it good?
    I never had that. I been buying the package tuna (called Bumble Bee Tuna Express).
    It is moist and I like the flavors more then the can tuna. The package is one serve and around 80-120calories.

You are eating very healthy.........good for you!!!

Last night I had a fresh spinach salad and I put a packet of tuna express on top (package tuna, seasoned-lemon pepper)

Also had a lean and light frozen Amy's Lasagna made with spinach. Total calories last night was 250 for the frozen lasagna and 100 calories for the spinach and tuna salad. Total 350. I probably should had a little more but I was filled.
  • homeyjosey
    homeyjosey Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    coffee
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Steak, couscous and watermelon for a total calorie count of 769, carbs 58, Fat 31g and Protein 56g.