My Online BF Dumped Me Because I'm Fat :( :( :(

Options

Replies

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Ok...so.

You had a year long relationship with someone you had never met IRL.
    You totally invested yourself in this person that you didn't truly know.
    You wanted to continue to invest even though he's married with no intents (for whatever the reason) to divorce.
    Your first meeting the two of you plan on getting sloppy drunk. And you do.
    Everything falls to pieces and he has a meltdown.

Fact:
    He is a whack job and like others have said - now you know and you're better off knowing.

I am going to say this in the nicest way possible....you need to work on YOU. Forget about him, let it all go, and chalk the whole thing up as tuition payment for the school of life. Work on your confidence and self esteem and don't put yourself in a situation like that ever again.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    7 pages later, the OP only came back to state that it was a Metallica song.

LMFAO
    I'd freak out and cry too if my SO chose a Metalica song for us. Not very romantic!! Unless you like old 80s metal songs to "cuddle" too. LMAO still

a mexican restaurant knowing how to sing Metallica?? which song??
    Love Metallica..Rock on! lol:smokin:
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like it wasn't your weight, but the fact that he humiliated himself by getting **** faced and the puking all over you.

This ^ and he does not sound like the type of man I would want to be in relationship with! RUN!
  • Stellar76
    Stellar76 Posts: 25
    Options
    First of all, is this even real? There are SO many things in this story that don't make sense. He's in the military, but overweight? No... He was running so fast you couldn't catch him? What?? And you brought your own vodka to a restaurant? Ok, maybe that's a real thing, but not where I'm from.

Then there's this:
    It just kills me that this man I care so much about and love so much is rejecting me because I am overweight. When he himself is overweight. And his entire family is overweight too. It's in their genes. His sisters and mom and dad are all over 300 pounds.

He refused to give explanation as to why he wanted to end things.

If he refused to give you an explanation, how do you know it has anything to do with your weight?

Exactly the reason why I am here ASKING STRANGERS FOR ADVICE. I assumed it was my weight because what else could be the reason? We were happy that night, even when he was crying, he kissed me. Then after a few minutes, he wanted to go and looked like he wanted to go alone, without me. Then he RAN AWAY FAST.
  • traceyfunk
    Options
    Wait - he's a soldier and he weighs 250+ at 5'5"? did anyone else stop there knowing this was all a BS story?

YES! THANK YOU. and the fact that he asked for wet wipes... What man asks for wet wipes?

like i said my brother in law is in the army...he is a lifer and there is no way this story is true and people are gulliable

Actually, I gotta jump in and say that that's the only part of this story that's remotely believable! My husband is Canadian Infantry and they use baby wipes all the time when they're out in the field. Gotta keep your parts clean some how when there's no water!
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You got a gift. Unwrap that baby and RUN THE OTHER WAY.

he probably has a double life or something. pick yourself up and keep going.
  • di1428
    di1428 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    First of all, is this even real? There are SO many things in this story that don't make sense. He's in the military, but overweight? No... He was running so fast you couldn't catch him? What?? And you brought your own vodka to a restaurant? Ok, maybe that's a real thing, but not where I'm from.

Then there's this:
    It just kills me that this man I care so much about and love so much is rejecting me because I am overweight. When he himself is overweight. And his entire family is overweight too. It's in their genes. His sisters and mom and dad are all over 300 pounds.

If he refused to give you an explanation, how do you know it has anything to do with your weight?

Exactly the reason why I am here ASKING STRANGERS FOR ADVICE. I assumed it was my weight because what else could be the reason? We were happy that night, even when he was crying, he kissed me. Then after a few minutes, he wanted to go and looked like he wanted to go alone, without me. Then he RAN AWAY FAST.

you cant be rational with an irrational person and this guy is clearly irrational.......
  • GreenChile3
    Options
    Dude sounds messed up, like PTSD or something. He needs help and, either you can deal with it, or you're better off away. Probably the latter.

This^^ I was thinking the same thing. My brother in law was in the Marines and did a couple of tours overseas; he came back all screwed up and still has nightmares to this day. It's a good thing you found out how he really is before you committed to him completely. Run girl, just run. There are soooo many other guys out there. Good luck to you.
  • choosingsara
    choosingsara Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a match made in heaven.. I can't figure out how this one didn't work out. :yawn:
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Then there's this:

It sounds like he is a drunk and has a lot of issues to work on and did you say he is married? are they separated? divorced?
  • GregLeatherman
    Options
    Just be glad you found out now that he is crazy.

And if I can give a word of advice, love requires chemistry, the kind you can't find on the Internet.
  • Lmans77
    Lmans77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Then before midnight, he asked me to request a song for the singer at the restaurant to sing. So I did, then I went to the restroom. When I came back, I saw him crying. His tears were falling unstoppably.

What song did you request? This could be important. We need to know exactly what song it was that brought him to tears.

It was a rock song. A Metallica song. He cried even before the song was sang by the singer. So it wasn't about the song, I'm 100% sure.
  • meaningful99
    Options
    You should thank the universe for removing that crazy jerk from your life. Seriously.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options

Then there's this:

I get real happy, emotional and "friendly" after a couple of margaritas. Nothing special there.
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    You can be lardy in the army here (UK) Not when you join obviously, but if you've been in a while you can get away with it. My OH has had some very overweight colleagues. It's frowned upon but if you're in an office job it's tolerated. I know a lot of guys use the net for a bit of 'fun' when they are away on tour. It relieves the boredom so I'm told....
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    worst .date. ever.

do you really want to be with someone that unstable....and that was just one night.

let him go hunny, work out for you, and for your future hotties with charisma and not crazy times
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you Next time:

2 cups tequila
    1 cup triple sec
    3/4 cup fresh lime juice
    3/4 cup sweetened lime juice
    3 cups ice
    kosher salt

Enjoy a Margareta! We still need to know the song!

Umm.... 2 Cups of Tequila? Sounds like a fun party! Lol

Sounds like my kind of party. :drinker:
  • Mama_Burkhart
    Mama_Burkhart Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear he is such a jerk! Being drunk is one thing but for him to talk to you like that then expect you to drop his phone off for him! hahaha! i would have kept it. Hes a loser and you do deserve much better! Lose weight for yourself, its the only way to be truly happy! I have weight to lose after my two babies and my husband who is a stick doesnt even appreciate it. He says my size doesnt matter, but i can feel that it does bother me. He barely even looks at me the same. So im on a mission to look good for myself, not him!!! you can do it! Good luck, and keep your chin up!
  • kt_731
    kt_731 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    rebelate has the best ticker ever! haha
This discussion has been closed.