My Online BF Dumped Me Because I'm Fat :( :( :(

Options

Replies

• Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry....if no one else has the most hilarious visual of a Michael buble-esque person rocking out to enter sandman at a local bar then I don't think you are human

If this can happen, so can your mental image. :tongue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edsbS_SCADE
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    OK, a few home truths.

- You can be overweight and in the Army, in the same way you can be overweight and in the police force. Not all jobs require the same skills.

- Online relationships ARE dangerous, but so is sleeping with a random in a club you've just met. Online, offline - you get bizarre people in all situations. Yes, online can be a breeding ground for those with "issues" - but it can also be a lifeline to a lot of people who either suffer from social anxiety, or just are lacking in confidence. Online dating is NOT a bad thing, providing you do it safely, responsibly and don't throw yourself in too far, too soon. It's also knowing about what you want.

I do agree with the poster who said that you need to work on YOU. This guy - for whatever reason, sounds like he has issues; serious issues, and it's easy for us to sit here as armchair psychologists and diagnose his problem(s), but we don't know him, and I guess neither did you. It's a horrible situation because you've invested so much in him and he's thrown it back in your face, but please use this as a learning experience. I'm not saying "don't online date" - I'm saying be aware, be careful, be safe. Don't commit to someone without knowing them - and when I say knowing them, I mean meeting them and spending time with them and getting to know their environment.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry....if no one else has the most hilarious visual of a Michael buble-esque person rocking out to enter sandman at a local bar then I don't think you are human

omg I actually really like this cover lol....but I was thinking of a man in a suit with a piano and head banging lol
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    7 pages later, the OP only came back to state that it was a Metallica song.

LMFAO
    I'd freak out and cry too if my SO chose a Metalica song for us. Not very romantic!! Unless you like old 80s metal songs to "cuddle" too. LMAO still

What bar/lounge singer would be singing metallica? If the story didn't convince you of a troll, the song choice should

Um, there are Metallica songs covered on the xylophone for babies. Also, I've heard lizard-lounge covers of Metallica songs, so it is possible.........so a song choice automatically equals lying now?

Wow.....
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    rebelate has the best ticker ever! haha

Grumpy cat sums up my feelings! Hahaha. Thank you. :blushing:

I love cats, but I'm sorry. My ticker is definitely better.

Add a cat chasing the donut, and I think yours will be the best of them all.

THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO DO! MFP WON'T LET ME!
    Stupid preset ticker icons...

...or wait... give me 5 minutes
  • kt_731
    kt_731 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

hahaha that is awesome too! I need to update mine!
  • Ramberta
    Options

omg I actually really like this cover lol....but I was thinking of a man in a suit with a piano and head banging lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY6pmLP9olc
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I can't look away from this thread...... I haven't blinked in 7 minutes.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options

LMFAO
    I'd freak out and cry too if my SO chose a Metalica song for us. Not very romantic!! Unless you like old 80s metal songs to "cuddle" too. LMAO still

What bar/lounge singer would be singing metallica? If the story didn't convince you of a troll, the song choice should

Um, there are Metallica songs covered on the xylophone for babies. Also, I've heard lizard-lounge covers of Metallica songs, so it is possible.........so a song choice automatically equals lying now?

Wow.....

ok....jeez louise.....I think there should be a physician on mfp to hand out chill pills to the intense ones
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb6W-h5j3jM

system of a down, not metallica....same hilarious concept
  • kt_731
    kt_731 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

genius
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

LMFAO

Wow.....

ok....jeez louise.....I think there should be a physician on mfp to hand out chill pills to the intense ones

I'm chilled. Actually quite chilled because I have the AC on. But yea, you would be surprised how many heavy metal songs are covered by non-heavy metal people. I'm tempted to learn the ukulele and cover some thrash metal. lol
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    he sounds disturbed so I would move on from that situation..... :flowerforyou:
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options

lol love it, im jamming with the finger snapping right now
  • Ramberta
    Options

aaaaaah Richard Cheese, haven't heard him in forever! :laugh:
  • rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options

THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO DO! MFP WON'T LET ME!
    Stupid preset ticker icons...

...or wait... give me 5 minutes

OOOOOH, I'll be waiting. :devil:
  • Turtlesallthewaydown
    Turtlesallthewaydown Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Long distance relationships - sometimes the other person is living a fantasy and then when it comes time to meet they realize reality doesn't mesh with what they thought. He sounds like he has some other things going on and might have been using you. Or he might have deep psychological issues.
    Did he say it was because of your weight? Or did he just have a mental breakdown that has nothing to do with your weight? I think if he was that strongly opposed to your size he would have bolted right away and stayed in his hotel room once you dropped him off, instead of after dinner and drinks.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    Options

LMFAO

Wow.....

I'm chilled. Actually quite chilled because I have the AC on. But yea, you would be surprised how many heavy metal songs are covered by non-heavy metal people. I'm tempted to learn the ukulele and cover some thrash metal. lol

Maybe you weren't understanding my visual, because I actually like when people take rock songs and transform them into something else, but im talking about like a **** Cheese (gross name, look him up online) version of the song and it just made my laugh out loud literally. And I could just see this weirdo crying at the bar while this guy was singing enter sandman and running away with her chasing after him, weaving in and out of the tables
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Maybe the song was Enter Sandman, and he freaked out and started crying because that song is scary.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    He keeps saying I have a good heart and he hopes I find the happiness I deserve. But if he really thinks that, then why did he end things with me? :(

Because he is sure (for whatever reason) that he can't provide the happiness that you deserve. This is not about you, it's about him- and he has issues. Big ones. Don't carry his issues forward with you, because you have plenty of your own stuff to work out. Worry about you, take care of you, make YOURSELF your priority. You'll be just fine, and he'll still be a crazy person and a terrible drunk.

This .. I agree with this...
This discussion has been closed.