What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• ValRAAAAY
    ValRAAAAY Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat the whole bag of Ghiradelli chocolate chips that's sitting next to me at my desk! Yep. It's food related. So what!!! :laugh:
  • MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    So happy to see that people love the idea of non-scale victories! I try and list one per pound that I lose :). Today my NSV is being told that I have pretty good form while running intervals on the treadmill by a fellow memeber of the gym I belong to :).
  • amandatiffany90
    Options
    I WANT to go to the gym today. That's pretty rare. I also did the mile long walk to the bus today without getting all huffy or out of breath - yay me

I want to go to the gym, TOO!

Me too! I'm six weeks into my MFP "journey" and I'm totally addicted to exercise and how it makes me feel. For the first time *ever* in my life, I'm actually working out hard, breaking a proper sweat, pushing myself. All the times I've tried to get fit / lose weight in previous years, I half assed it.

So stoked to smash my May fitness goals outta the park :D
  • bonjovi27
    bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    First day of C25K and it didn't kill me! :D
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    This weekend my formerly "fat" jeans that I had to lose weight to get into are comfortable and even loose on me. It isn't going to be that much longer before I have to go down a size. :)

I also recently realized that my "fat" dress pants are so big that I literally cannot wear them anymore or they will fall off.

It's a good feeling to know that there is a bunch of stuff in my closet that will soon fit. As soon as it does, I'm getting rid of the "fat" clothes forever.
  • amandatiffany90
    Options
    Today I did "real" pushups during the 30 Day Shred for the first time! yeeeeeah upper body strength building!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Took new progress pictures and thought that though I am not where I want to be... I was not repulsed either :) On the contrary, I was kind of pleased.
  • bjune5
    bjune5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My sister came for a visit this past weekend. We hadn't seen each other since Thanksgiving. She told me she noticed I had lost weight and I was looking really good. She asked me for tips.
  • TedStout
    TedStout Posts: 241
    Options
    Future NSV...I was going to cheese out on my run tonight but after reading all this...HELL YES I AM GOING! Thanks to all for the inspiration!
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I WANT to go to the gym today. That's pretty rare. I also did the mile long walk to the bus today without getting all huffy or out of breath - yay me

^^^^^^^ I wrote this a couple hours ago

I have a new NSV:
    I went to the gym today and ran an impromptu 5K!!!!!! I had no idea that I could do that!!!!! I'm so freakin' proud of myself!!!!!
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hubby grabbed me around my waist last night and started poking at me..I tensed my abs and he couldn't believe how hard I was. Yea me!
  • RheeaBYG
    RheeaBYG Posts: 12
    Options

^^^^^^^ I wrote this a couple hours ago

I have a new NSV:
    I went to the gym today and ran an impromptu 5K!!!!!! I had no idea that I could do that!!!!! I'm so freakin' proud of myself!!!!!

Awesome!:)
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I ran 30 minutes straight!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I went further on the exercise bike today than I did yesterday.

Excellent!
  • kchang77
    kchang77 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have a NSV and creepy moment of the day...

I was walking back to the locker room after my swim workout with 2 other guys. We have to pass through a smaller 6 lane pool where the older people like to hang out and do their water-aerboics. There was a group of women by the side of the pool and I excused myself as we passed by, well one of the guys tells me after we pass that 1 of the ladies looked up from the pool. looked at me and, his words, "grunted" like I was a piece of meat.
  • rebeccat42
    rebeccat42 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Took measurements last night and my waist and hips are both 2 inches smaller than they were on April 1st!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Today I put on a pair of pants that I haven't been able to wear since January. I was just trying them on to see how much more I have to do to wear them. Nothing! :) They fit beautifully and weren't tight at all. I am wearing them now. :)
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Options
    What does NSV mean?
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What does NSV mean?

non-scale victory
  • fatyoga
    fatyoga Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    finished the April 30 day squat challenge today
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!