Not sure where to put this - My husband Sucks! LOL

Options
Sooo My husband FINALLY decides he wants to do something about his weight. I have mixed feelings on this as to ensure he does it right and healthy..I will be doing most of the work :/ (I am the cook in the house)

He weighed himself sunday night while we were discussing him starting on Monday..297. I told him to weigh himself in the AM since he is technically starting Monday.

Calls me from work Monday morning giggling and says.."I lose weight just thinking about dieting..already lost 4 pounds! Down to 293" I call him an *kitten* and explain..night time verse AM..night always weighs more. So 293 is starting weight..good to know.

Official diet goes well Monday...he calls me yet again from work today to tell me his weight this AM was 288..WTH!!! (before yelling at him for being a man and having the ability to lose weight at a disgusting rate..I had to tell him NOT to weigh himself every day but more importantly if he does NOT to call me every time either LMAO)

How the heck...?? I actually weighed myself to make sure the scale was not broken...it's not...5 pounds one day?!?! ugggg

And this people is how Men differ from women!!! I need....Positive thoughts positive thoughts!!! :) Thankfully I am half way through my journey and have less to travel than him or I am not sure I could take him losing so much so fast!!

Replies

• Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Body weight fluctuates. Don't take the scale as the all determining factor to overall health and fitness, but just a guideline. :)
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Body weight fluctuates. Don't take the scale as the all determining factor to overall health and fitness, but just a guideline. :)

Oh believe me I have learned that lesson ;) I not only weigh myself - I measure and use both the scale and a caliper for body fat % :)

It is nice to see that number drop though! But NEVER have I lost 5 lbs in one shot even over a week!! :/
  • Jeanniekellar
    Jeanniekellar Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband and I started Insanity at the same time. He eats like a 12 year old boy, soda, sweets, mcdonalds... I cook almost everything I eat. I drink only coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day. He already looks like he's been working out for months and I still have my belly bulge. Grrrr. I feel your pain. LOL
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Read about "phantom weight loss" by this Russian-American guy, Konstantin Monastyrsky. Basically, the first 15 lbs are water, and poop. Add to that the fact that heavier people lose weight faster, and men have an easier time of it than women. It's because they are weaker than we are and need it to be easy! Edited to say: (I'm joking!)

Don't be discouraged, just keep on working it! (But I'd be pi$$ed off, too!)
  • eringrace10
    eringrace10 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    don't be discouraged, how much does he have to lose the first little while the pounds will fly off simply because he does'nt need them. also he really shouldn't be weighing himself more than once a week. and by the way you look awesome don't give up now. :)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    He also weighs a lot more than you, so yes, he will lose faster.
  • chasetwins
    Options
    My husband and I started Insanity at the same time. He eats like a 12 year old boy, soda, sweets, mcdonalds... I cook almost everything I eat. I drink only coffee in the morning and water the rest of the day. He already looks like he's been working out for months and I still have my belly bulge. Grrrr. I feel your pain. LOL

LOL awful isn't it?!?!? I read somewhere it is because our bodies were meant to have "fat" or excess to have healthy children...OK fine I get that but ummm I am DONE with having children can I please have the metabolism of a man now? LMAO
  • doggiesnot
    doggiesnot Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    How good/reliable is your scale? Sometimes, at least for me, where you place the scale on the floor makes a difference on the scale reading. Also, I agree with you, weigh in once per week, and first thing in the morning. It's too early for him to celebrate as it may just bounce back. Don't forget to get starting measurements, too! My wife and I do scale readings once per week, and measurements once per month (when we remember!).
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Read about "phantom weight loss" by this Russian-American guy, Konstantin Monastyrsky. Basically, the first 15 lbs are water, and poop. Add to that the fact that heavier people lose weight faster, and men have an easier time of it than women. It's because they are weaker than we are and need it to be easy!

Don't be discouraged, just keep on working it! (But I'd be pi$$ed off, too!)

"It's because they are weaker than we are and need it to be easy"

LOVE LOVE this!!!! :)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I seriously doubt your husband cut and exercised 17500 calories in one day. That would mean he ran for like 10 hours that day. Plus other activities and a really big drop in calories consumed, like down to zero.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    My husband and I are doing this together. We started mid January. He has lost 33 lbs to my 25 lbs, while eating a lot more food. (Including a lot more "cheat food"). I am trying to root him on without getting discouraged myself. I have to accept the body chemistry I have and work with it. At the same time, I have went down a pants size and he has not and that bothers him a little. Overall, we are supportive of one another and have found that the important thing is to be allies and not competitors.
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I was sure some "Roid Rage" was gonna shout at me for that one! Some hungry cranky people lurk around these pages sometimes!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Grrr! I hate men!

No, not really, I just thought I'd add SOMETHING to the discussion other than "I'm jealous."
  • chasetwins
    Options
    How good/reliable is your scale? Sometimes, at least for me, where you place the scale on the floor makes a difference on the scale reading. Also, I agree with you, weigh in once per week, and first thing in the morning. It's too early for him to celebrate as it may just bounce back. Don't forget to get starting measurements, too! My wife and I do scale readings once per week, and measurements once per month (when we remember!).

You know...this is a great point that for some odd reason i did not think of. I personally put my scale in the same exact spot each time. While I do not doubt he lost some being a man with more to lose...I doubt he knows to ensure it is the same spot...hmmm maybe I will be busting his bubble tonight LOL
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Different people burn different amounts of calories. Unfortunately, you are stuck in your own body, so what other people do is irrelevant.

For the record, I'd definitely trade being able to burn more calories for multiple orgasms.

But seriously, you can't compare yourself to others. Support each other, but you are your own person.

Sounds like a fluctuation though. I can "lose" and "gain" 3-4 pounds over a days repeatedly, even being consistent, and they're not permanent.
  • bioc458
    bioc458 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    He is a 300 pound guy. When you first start to lose weight at that kind of BMI you lose it REALLY fast. I lost 20 pounds in my first month of weight loss with about 1/4 the effort it took me to lose 5 pounds in a month after a year of dieting.

Because of his size he also has a lot more water weight to lose, and his body weight can fluctuate a lot more than that of most women. Even now my weight fluctuates 4 pounds in a day sometimes, and I only weigh 190...
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Grrr! I hate men!

No, not really, I just thought I'd add SOMETHING to the discussion other than "I'm jealous."

LMAO!!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Water weight usually goes fast.
  • Gusman14
    Gusman14 Posts: 94
    Options
    Grrr! I hate men!

I don't believe you one bit...
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Different people burn different amounts of calories. Unfortunately, you are stuck in your own body, so what other people do is irrelevant.

For the record, I'd definitely trade being able to burn more calories for multiple orgasms.

But seriously, you can't compare yourself to others.

ROFL!!!! Wouldn't most men?? You must have the child birth too though if you trade for that!