What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    172g protein, and under calories after exercise.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    Options
    3 NSV's this week.
    1) I gained a few pounds and don't mind a bit.
    2) I started regular lifting, like the kind where I lift three times a week and record it in my notebook.
    3) I happily upped my calories.
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I did 9 zumba classes in 5 days. And I took the whole Sunday off.
  • iaminspired127
    iaminspired127 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weighed in today and am only 0.2lbs away from my second goal, It felt so good to be so close
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily in order of importance.

1. Logged today

2. My dog took me for a 40 minute walk it felt like 20 minutes.

3. I wore one of my SOs jackets, it would not have fit in October or even last month.

4. I ate a rather small breakfast because I was late for an appointment. Then for lunch I had around 900 calories and I was still famished. But, I stuck to that because I know that I had to let the food "register" or something. Anyway an hour later things were much calmer then my dog took me for a walk and a little later I ate my regular amount of food for dinner.
  • dangerousdumpling
    dangerousdumpling Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I went through my closet and found about 10 more things that no longer fit. NSVs like this are keeping me going because I'm losing inches but no pounds. I'm going to need to do lots of shopping soon. :happy:
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    I ran outside for the first time! yay! I am not a runner at all, so this was a big deal to go3 miles (not all running) and my husband said my tank top looked good on, which is different.
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    My father died Tuesday. No, I did not worry about my calories. But I did log. It made me feel better to keep up my normal routine. That was a huge victory for me personally.

My condolences to you on your loss!!! congrats on NSV!!!
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I took one bite of a chocolate chip cookie ( homemade by my son) and gave it back to him. For me thats a biggie!.
  • jlzking
    jlzking Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My boss looked at me today and said "man, you have lost a **** load of weight!" :)
    Yesterday I tried on clothes that I could get into (very uncomfortably) previously but are now loose and flattering again! Happy days!
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Had to take out a link in my watch band because it was so loose. My wedding ring is getting looser, too. I can shake my hand and it will go flying off. Speaking of, anyone have any quick fixes for loose rings? I don't want to have it resized until I'm at GW.
  • arains89
    arains89 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Last night after dinner me, my boyfriend and our two kids went on a walk to the playground. We played for a while and then it was time to walk back. My son (5 years old and 45 pounds) was "tired of walking" so I offered a piggy back ride. I successfully carried him the remainder of the way home without breaking a sweat or even breathing heavily. I am not at goal weight but I suppose I hadn't realized how fit I have gotten even if the scale isn't where I want it to be quite yet...
  • jpuderbaugh
    jpuderbaugh Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    A. Didn't go to the gym on Monday like I had planned, and for the first time in my life I missed it and felt bad. Old me always felt relief when I skipped the gym.

B. Since I've been working out more regularly, my hunger has increased and I get as I call it the munchies monster between breakfast and lunch. I recognized the problem, knew what I had to do, increased my protein with breakfast this morning, and no munchies monster bothering me today. Old me would've just kept snacking all morning until lunch.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Last night after dinner me, my boyfriend and our two kids went on a walk to the playground. We played for a while and then it was time to walk back. My son (5 years old and 45 pounds) was "tired of walking" so I offered a piggy back ride. I successfully carried him the remainder of the way home without breaking a sweat or even breathing heavily. I am not at goal weight but I suppose I hadn't realized how fit I have gotten even if the scale isn't where I want it to be quite yet...

That is so cool! I bet it felt really great to be so strong.
  • jpuderbaugh
    Options
    Had to take out a link in my watch band because it was so loose. My wedding ring is getting looser, too. I can shake my hand and it will go flying off. Speaking of, anyone have any quick fixes for loose rings? I don't want to have it resized until I'm at GW.

You might be able to buy something to go around the band under your finger to make it fit better. My gram just wrapped tape around the band several times, but I'm sure that would A. be difficult to get off, and B. leave a gross residue. She doesn't want to pay to have it resized, but I'm pretty sure they make and sell something that will go around the band.
  • raegan1215
    raegan1215 Posts: 89
    Options
    a friend of mine said "and you just keep getting skinnier" as she was walking past me this morning. made my day!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    While swimming, I suddenly dropped into a different stroke while doing freestyle, where my breathing and arms just meshed and I was able to do about five lengths without a rest. I did an hour, which is my longest time so far. I am pretty sure we are going again tonight with the kids.

I feel so strong that it's heady! I can just FEEL these arm, back, shoulder, leg, butt and ab muscles under my skin and it feel so great.
  • jpuderbaugh
    Options
    I love this topic. I think it is the best one I've come across. So inspiring.
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Just purchased 2 jean skirts which I haven't wore in years....and they look great!! Last night I was tapping on my collar bone w/o thought until my hubby asked if I was okay!! yeah...tap,tap,tap...
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    this is such a great topic to boost motivation beyond the scale :) My first NSV came last week when I went to a play with my family and about one hour into the show I realized I was crossing my legs. I hadn't been comfortable doing that in a long, long time....I almost teared up while I sat there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!