5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut anything out, but I have learned just how much sodium I was taking in recently, and I am drastically cutting back... and trying really hard to increase my water.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    potatoes
    fried food
    bread
    I eat very little fast food.
    everything that has high carbs
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've cut out entirely is soda.

Everything else most consider "bad" I've either cut way back on, like eating out, or watch my portions, like sweets and ice cream.

I found that if I deny myself anything, especially when I'm craving it, I usually end up eating way, way, way too much of it. I have my my Reese's cup, or dark chocolate squares, or ice cream every night in appropriate portions which keeps me from eating a whole bag or carton in one sitting.
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've cut out is soda - otherwise, everything in moderation.
  • anubhavsharma18
    anubhavsharma18 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Less Sleep
    Smoking
    Binge Drinking
    Watching idiot box for hours
    Negative self-talk
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    - chips (any type)
    - fried chicken (don't know when enough is enough)
    - french fries
    - ice cream
    - some of my favorite thai (too much fat and calories)
  • srallen98
    srallen98 Posts: 8
    Options
    Not really eating all you like. It is measuring the amount of food I take in. For example, I used to eat a bagel with sausage and cheese for breakfast. Now I only have just a bagel on days when I have a big cardio workout so I still burn more than I take in...
  • kcamp79
    kcamp79 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    1. soda
    2. dairy
    3. fried food
    4. sweets
    5. meat
  • jeanniemartin3000
    Options
    I've only cut out fast food. I don't consider my diet a diet. I make healthy decisions and incorporate more fruits, veggies & whole grains into my diet. I eat WAY less processed junk. I feel like denying myself anything is setting myself up for failure. I tried skipping soda but I am sadly addicted to diet coke. Instead of drinking two a day, I allow myself one at lunch and that's it.
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    1. Soda
    2. Added sugar
    3. Artificial flavors/colors
    4. low-fat, reduced fat products
    5. bleached flour
  • kgoodman0108
    kgoodman0108 Posts: 158
    Options
    - fruits that are high in sugar (everything but berries)
    - bread
    - pasta
    - rice
    - candy/junk food
  • Beabell73
    Beabell73 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1.Chocolate
    2.Nuts
    3.Bread
    4.Sugar
    5. Butter

I have to cut first 2 items because I binge on them if I have any at home.
  • lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've cut out entirely is sugared soft drink.

I've reduced eating pastry treats to almost zero, but not from "banning" myself from having them--just that every time I'm tempted I think about whether I want to spend all those calories on a Danish, and it turns out that I don't :)

Still having chips, chocolate, fast food on occasion, but less often and in the context of an otherwise low-calorie week. This is turning out to be less difficult than I expected (yay!)
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Nothing - the weight comes off slower but i can stick to a moderation diet for life, the minute i say i'm not eating something i want it more than ever. I've binged and dieted most of my life, not any more :)
  • MsShorten
    MsShorten Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Okay I realized that there were many things that over indulged in so I had to cut them away. I have replaced them with stuff though. I do not drink soda or sugary drinks. I no longer fry anything, so no fried foods. I do not eat chips or candy either. there are other things that I just try and reduce greatly like pastries, bread, and other processed foods.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Nothing in particular...BUT I have stopped eating any food that I find I don't thoroughly enjoy--for example, if the "old me" went to a restaurant or a party and had an item she didn't particularly like (a pie that was too sweet or tart; some BBQ that wasn't quite up to par, cold french fries) she used to continue eating it until she finished the item. Now if "New Me" gets an item I don't find delicious, I STOP EATING IMMEDIATELY and either send it back or trash it. I don't want to waste a single calorie on sub-par food or snacks.

^^^ This. I haven't given up anything for the sake of losing weight, but am not going to eat something that isn't very good simply for the sake of eating it.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything.

In fact, I eat more "junk" than I ever have.

It must be magic, or moderation, but I'll have an easier time convincing some people it's magic.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    less fried foods and that is about it.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I don't cut out anything, I eat what I want and exercise MORE!
  • ac_boubou
    ac_boubou Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Nothing special, like most of people here, just check out my portions and try to eat healty most of time.

If I want something less healty, than I wait before I eat it. Most of time, I pass out and don't eat that scrap. If it's still in my mind after a while, I go for it and don't feel guilty at all.

The only thing I cut out is sodium because of healt issues. I also keep in mind to eat good fat like extra virgin olive oil, salmon, trout, nuts....in right portion of course.

I prefer fresh food but if I buy something else I read all ingredients list to make sure it's a good choice