what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I've been wearing shorts lately without giving a care what others think!

There has been a long mental transformation that's taken place that's arguably as/more important than the physical one. I used to wear full length jeans in hot summer weather just to keep them covered -- even when I was 17 years old and 100 lbs!I don't know where I got the idea that my body was so unacceptable.

Also, despite not needing his affirmation, my sweet hubby kept telling me how good I looked in those jeans :flowerforyou:. Oh I love him :smile:!
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I came within .7 lbs of my mini-goal (pre-baby weight by birthday).

Then I had an AWESOME birthday and ate whatever I wanted.

And I don't feel guilty at all. Today I'm back at it... kicking butt and making the body I want. I feel in control of my food, my body, and my choices. No guilt. No deprivation. :)
  • saraknotts
    saraknotts Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I accompanied my BFF to McDonalds for lunch so she could feed her big mac craving and i got a grilled chicken southwest salad for under 500 calories. Go me!
  • alexisdc
    alexisdc Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That I am sticking this out no matter what!! My jeans keep getting looser, I have to wear a belt I couldn't even use last year. My underwear keep falling down inside my pants, LOL. For awhile I was getting frustrated because I wasn't seeing the results. But my traininer explained that the Mona Lisa wasn't built in a day. That it all takes time. And if I care about me, my health, know I am worth the time and effort; I will see the result in time. This hit me hard. So yeah. I'm here, I'm staying, I may go off the rails here and there, I may miss a day of loggin, but I'm in this for the long haul!! :)
  • babynun
    babynun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Received a NSV from a coworker stating "I wish I was as skinny as you." Really? Made my moring :smile:
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Got up at 6 to go jogging/running in the park--in drizzly rain!
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of my posture, and superficial things like my outfit, nails and hair:p
  • sherimacquarrie
    sherimacquarrie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I reached 60 pounds lost this week!!! Coincidentally this week was also marked 1 year on MFP!!! :)
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    i'm proud that i have gotten out of bed at 5 am for the last two days and went to the gym.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    Proud of an unexpected (but welcome) three pound weight loss this week, wearing a normally clingy shirt that was loose and that I tried and survived W1D1 of the C25K program.
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm proud of the fact that even though I was only going to take Audrey Hepburn (my puppy) on a 20 minute walk.....we went on a 40 minute walk instead. She's exhausted now....and I'm gonna sleep good tonight.
  • MGreensides
    MGreensides Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I tried Quinoa today...how others that may not make them proud but I am a very picky eater and I'm proud I even had the guts to try it :) Now I just need to find some good recipes for it.
  • 26haleyes62
    26haleyes62 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That we decided to stay in tonight & not go out to eat this evening. We are new to this, so being consistent is good for us.
  • LeeshLove
    LeeshLove Posts: 197
    Options
    I have to admit I am proud of myself today because, I cooked 4 batches of my special triple chocolate chip cookies. it was a friend special request for her birthday. I made all those cookies and only eat one. I have to try to make sure they tasted good. believe me when I say I wanted more, a lot more!
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I binged all day, did a half *kitten* workout, and woke up this morning feeling terrible about myself and had no motivation to keep going. A few hours later I sucked it up and worked out hard for an hour. I feel back on track. :)
  • savannahchristine
    savannahchristine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am proud I ran my first ever mile. It was tough but I did it and I am proud.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    i did good on drinking my water
    i tried snapea crisps-
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    been watching what i eat for the past few months and waking up at 5:15am and then proceeding to do some exercise whether it be insanity, brisk walking, jogging, jump rope, etc.). i must say. i feel pretty awesome about that. haha.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    bought ice cream today but it was in my calorie goal, did not eat the whole thing. Also, ready to do bicycling because so many people are talking about it on here, good incentive.
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I didn't eat McDonald's
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!