what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• LoonyLovegood8
    Options
    I'm proud that I ran today. I didn't want to. I have a cold, I feel sorry for myself. But I made myself run and I'm glad I did. Another run tomorrow I believe.
  • NHoughton13
    NHoughton13 Posts: 303
    Options
    I was crabby and down on myself but I got my butt onto the elliptical anyway and had a great calorie burn.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Mine was yesterday, but I did this!!!

7616cb26-b480-43e4-a52d-98295d8d52af_zps86db5718.jpg

(with the instructor's help, and I'm sure it didn't look that pretty, but still!)
  • zsazsabodine
    zsazsabodine Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You've got the eye of the tiger! Good for you. I'm proud of myself for working out for starting to work out and did it yesterday and today.
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of the fact that I got up and worked out this morning (I know, a lot of people have said this... LOL).

I knew I needed to work out but nothing was getting me moving, so I dug out some old DVD's and did the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout. Something different and something I haven't done in... well... forever! :laugh:
  • jennontheroad
    jennontheroad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I ran 7.5 km this morning and am back logging my food!
  • 2FatToRun
    2FatToRun Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I am proud I got up and walked today instead of being lazy. I even felt my inner ninja start to come out. :laugh:
  • AlexT29
    AlexT29 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Congrats to everyone! I love reading these.

I'm proud that even though I ate way too much yesterday at a birthday celebration, I'm back on track today. It used to be that something like that would derail me for days. And I can't wait to ride my bike after work!
  • bostongrl13
    bostongrl13 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    This sounds...like an "unhealthy thing" but I'm proud that I actually went out with my sales team for a team-building lunch today, and allowed myself to eat at the restaurant.

Usually I decline the invitation because I want to make sure I eat the meals I bring, but it makes me feel like I'm isolating myself and makes my coworkers feel like I don't want to go out with them.

So I went out, had a burger and some veggies and enjoyed being social.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I fit back into an outfit that has been hanging in the back of my closet for a very long time....and I totally resisted all the leftover breakfast meeting goodies in the kitchen!::bigsmile:
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I recently completed a 5k running training clinic. I had planned to take some time off and just do easy runs when I felt like it seeing as how I'm going to be busy for the next three months taking a Continuing Education course (Business Writing) after work but today I signed up for the 10k clinic anyway so will be out running in the rain tonight!

Considering a year ago I could only run for about a minute, I'm proud of myself for pushing myself beyond my comfort zone with running AND for taking a course to improve my job skills and resume. And lucky me my employer is paying for the course!

Good job everyone!
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I start coaching track today. ...not only is it going to be a great workout for me, it's getting kids in an urban area (where obesity is a HUGE issue - no pun intended) to start running. We're going to learn about health and nutrition as well as getting in some great exercise. Not to mention, when I was there age, I was already significantly overweight (I wouldn't have been caught anywhere near any sports club/team). If I can help combat that with ONE kid, there is nothing I could ever be more proud of. ...but I'm also pretty proud of how far I've come. ;)
  • Kittiegirl06
    Kittiegirl06 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Today is the first day I posted in the forums here!
    Also I biked for almost 2 hours and enjoyed it :smile:
  • nvpixie
    nvpixie Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I've been staying more active for the past few weeks and doing at least 20 minutes of yoga 3-5 days a week. This is a huge leap for me as I'm usually pretty sedentary. I love being more active and I triple love yoga :)
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    love this thread..... I am proud of what I make my body do now. I am doing the 30 day shred challenge but I am not just doing that, 6x a week I am going to the gym and still doing my regular training on top. I have been eating clean as well. Not giving into constant temptation!
  • Katieloula
    Options
    Sounds small but I was so glad that I didn't buy crisps to go with my sandwich today at work. The longer you stick at it, the stronger your will power gets...

Good luck everyone! MFP is honestly such an amazing, supportive place. I check in every evening just to see what you're all up to and your great progress! It isn't the calorie tracker that spurs me on each day, it's these forums.
  • Danielle_Style
    Danielle_Style Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Today, I ate all meals prepared from home (except my iced coffee in the afternoon). I'm also proud that even after having a rough night's sleep, I did my Power 90 workout today. I've been getting off track and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things!!!

Thanks OP for posting this topic. I think your achievement of saying now to eating out is a great one!
  • persistantone
    persistantone Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs. It's been awhile. :)
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    i went out and danced with my hula hoop for 20 mins instead of watching a DVD :)
  • 1lisalou
    1lisalou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Proud that I finally got serious today and stopped finding reasons to not work out! Started the P90X journey today and looking forward to tomorrow! Whoo Hoo! Feeling better about myself already!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!