what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love walking in the cold weather better than hot but -8 wind chill factor and 2 foot of snow in places was a real challenge. It would have been so easy to stay inside but after my 10km walk yesterday I felt great. Today I just walked to the gym as it is really slippy out as most of the snow has turned to ice. I do like my new 'no excuses' attitude though. :happy:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love walking in the cold weather better than hot but -8 wind chill factor and 2 foot of snow in places was a real challenge. It would have been so easy to stay inside but after my 10km walk yesterday I felt great. Today I just walked to the gym as it is really slippy out as most of the snow has turned to ice. I do like my new 'no excuses' attitude though. :happy:

:love: :drinker: :love:

MINUS 8 wind chill??????? :noway: AND :noway: 2 foot snow???????

Oh girlfriend, you got me beat to a PULP! When I was tooting my own horn, taking about my walking in "cold and rainy/inclement weather girl, I was talking "maybe" 35-40 degrees and rain...ummm, pretty much sprinkles or a tad bit heavier than that and honestly thinking I was doing a little something something--:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: What you've accomplished is super SHERO stuff, not to mention burning TONS of calories too. So WOW---that's super impressive and high fives to you! Not only are you not having no more excuses--sounds like you ain't taking NO prisoners either--I LOVE it!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    1.) Heading out for my second walk (p.m. walk--I walked for over and hour this morning+did 20 push-ups, 10 sit-ups and lots of other hard exercises for me) :smooched:

2.) I got a new really cool pedometer that is so high tech, I can't figure this blasted thing out--it does a LOT of stuff, it's a NB brand and is really going to help me accomplish my 10,000+ steps per day goal :smooched:

3.) I can wiggle out/take off of my size 16 jeans without unbuttoning nor unzipping them :drinker:

4.) Today is ONE MONTH of my being coffee free, that my BEST NSV--WOOT!!!!!! :love:
  • sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    That I got up this morning and went for my run like I told myself I would.
  • Sandilini2
    Options
    I am proud that I haven't had any sodas or sweets or fried/fast food in 3 weeks. I have been a sweet fiend my entire life, sugar has always been like a drug to me. The only sugar I've had in the past 2 weeks are the natural sugars in fruits and light yogurt. (I would say 3 weeks but I had some fruit juice my first week because I thought it would curb any cravings I assumed I'd have).

But the real pride is not because I resisted these things, but I didn't WANT them. I have not had a single sugar craving. I've been offered cake 3 times in the past week alone and I was able to decline all 3 times without even feeling temptation. It may not sound like much, but for me that's like an alcoholic declining a drink without a second thought.
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I am proud that at the age of 58 I woke up this morning and weighed the same (maybe 1 lb less) than I did in high school! And I was a hottie :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I am proud that I haven't had any sodas or sweets or fried/fast food in 3 weeks. I have been a sweet fiend my entire life, sugar has always been like a drug to me. The only sugar I've had in the past 2 weeks are the natural sugars in fruits and light yogurt. (I would say 3 weeks but I had some fruit juice my first week because I thought it would curb any cravings I assumed I'd have).

But the real pride is not because I resisted these things, but I didn't WANT them. I have not had a single sugar craving. I've been offered cake 3 times in the past week alone and I was able to decline all 3 times without even feeling temptation. It may not sound like much, but for me that's like an alcoholic declining a drink without a second thought.

:love: :heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :love:

You totally rock, and I'm so proud of you too...WOOT!!!!!!
  • lasulit
    lasulit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    It's my recuperation period. So no exercise for 1 week. I still lost 4 lbs. just staying true to 1330 Calories per day! :-)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    That I got up this morning and went for my run like I told myself I would.

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I actually went on a run for the first time in... oh, ever.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Being able to prank so many people.

I'm proud that I have gained new insight and a more positive attitude.
    I'm proud of this body, my present, future, and even my past.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I stuck to my calories, exercised and felt great, and didn't dig into the ice cream tonight, though I did enjoy my planned after dinner treats.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I ate no chocolate over Easter.
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I am proud that at the age of 58 I woke up this morning and weighed the same (maybe 1 lb less) than I did in high school! And I was a hottie :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You still are :-)
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am proud of myself for not smacking my co-worker when he called my pancake a "fatcake". I just snarled at him instead.
  • karlbrow
    karlbrow Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow, saying no.... it is possible. I"m proud that I just started today. and am taking the time to try.....
  • maniesduchocolat
    maniesduchocolat Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    4 km in 37 minutes. A month ago, those would have been 2 km
  • Sportsgott
    Options
    First and foremost... My son can finally get his arms all the way around me when giving me a hug! Everything else just pales in comparison .
  • Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I kept my Lenten resolution of no chocolate, then had a fair bit on Easter Sunday and Monday and it was totally 'meh'!

Back on MFP today and am super proud that I've made the decision to stick to my no chocolate resolve (unless there's a specific reason to have it ie. it's a gift or special occasion whereas before Lent I'd be buying it nearly everday just as a 'treat'!).
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Walked for over 2 hours today, did my other exercising AND instead of eating my pre-allocated 1/2 piece of turtle cheesecake...I only ate about a 1/4 and brought the rest home---I still have to do my rowing, but I'm sooooooooooo proud of this!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!