what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    Kudos to you! Great job!

I am proud that I was able to resist the chili dogs, cornbread, fritos and freakin awesome looking cinnamon rolls at the food day at my job today. The only thing I gave in to were two stuffed jalepeno pepper halves. I knew if I ate any of that stuff, I would not be able to stop.
  • dbluejean
    dbluejean Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to exercise this morning, but I haven't missed yet this week and I didn't want to ruin the streak, so I got up and onto the elliptical. And I was short on time, so to get my 200 minimum burn in a short amount of time, I stayed on level 3 the whole time except for the 5 minutes that I went up to level 4 ... so I got my 200 calories in under 20 minutes. AND today was my day off, home alone, and I did NOT eat any ice cream, or bread, or anything else I didn't plan on. I've done the 'cheat' thing so many times and have been disappointed in my inability to lose this weight for over 10 years now. I just wanna finally stick with it and see things happen ....
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I attempted Jillian Michaels' Six Week Six Pack DVD. i only got a quarter of the way through it, but thats ok. I'll put it in tomorrow and try again. Eventually I'll be able to do the whole thing. Before, i always had excuses. Before, i was always going to start "tomorrow". Today is my tomorrow now. :)
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I bought scrubs and they're a size small and I used to wear a 5XL. So yeah, I'm pretty proud of that. :)
  • pondmermaid
    pondmermaid Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Great post and good luck on your way to fitness! Moms want to say yes and make everyone happy but you stood your ground for your health- way to go!

I am proud that I went out with friends tonight and had a mineral water and did not partake in the greasy appetizers. I had a lovely time and my stomach felt much better for not having ate those things- yay.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    That I survived until Friday. Seriously, that was quite an accomplishment this week.
  • Snipsa
    Snipsa Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Great going everyone! I am proud of myself for jogging 25 minutes this morning without needing to walk at all! This is after struggling to run for more than one minute at a time just three weeks ago!
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    proud..

trying decide what to wear out tonight.. my clothes are big and not small!
    my sister in law gave me jeans that were too big. she is trying to lose weight and in only 20 pounds behind her now!
    i have lost so far 23 pounds!
    that i was able to eat subway and ice cream within my calorie limits and dont feel like a dieter!
    proud that im on my way to a decent job
    i am proud for so many things!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    WOW! I walked a BIG OLE 6 whole today, that's a huge and tremendous accomplishment for me--YES!!!!!!

It took more than 2 hours, but I'm only counting 1 hour (for not eating back my exercise calories purposes and because I don't really trust the cals burned listed either). I my feet feels kinda sore and it's the BEST sore in the world :drinker: :love: :drinker:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Officiated a JV game today and heard little or nothing from the fans or coaches. I felt like I was in the right place to make every call.
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    Today I am proud that I went to the store seeking to buy specific items which the store did not have available to me and I left the store without buying anything else. I actually stuck to the plan. Go me!!!
  • Jennymcwb
    Jennymcwb Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Today was a late morning and I still went downstairs and did some strength training on the ball, after doing Jillian's warm up for the 30 day shred. Afterwards I started the C25K for the third time, but was able to do all of the running parts easier than before. Amazing what a week of daily cardio will do for you.
  • bearwith
    bearwith Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    well done! I am proud that I did not go over my cals, ate a fruit salad, stopped myself at a quarter of a chocolate brownie.
  • Danni1585
    Danni1585 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I went out tonight with my girlfriends to see a show, we had dinner first. I checked out the menu today, (Pizza Express) and found the low cal options. I reisted starters, and stuck to a low cal choice (only 500 cals), and had sparkling water. Kept m diet on track and had the most brilliant night out. Just got home and know thanks to MFP that I am going to lose my weight. I love this website xxx
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Today I couldn't stomach another egg (for reasons I won't get into but I am also plain sick of them). I am lazy and didn't feel like going to the grocery store and all I had besides eggs was cheese. So I went eh, I'll eat 1200 calories of cheese and go shop tomorrow.

Then I caught myself being really cranky over something little and realized nope, that isn't going to fly. So I went and bought me some steak.

I'm proud of that because I'm learning just how much what I eat as well as how much I eat affects my moods.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that I've acknowledged that I do look smaller and I'm really pleased with that realization.
  • PHATCHIK
    PHATCHIK Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i am proud that after cheating and eating unhealthily twice last week, I chose to take control TODAY and stop the madness!! I have drank my 1 gallon of water, taken my vitamins, juiced my breakfast and eaten a healthy lunch!! So far so good!! My goal is to take it one day at a time, 1 hour at a time, 1 min at a time if necessary!!
  • Olahou
    Olahou Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Last night was the first concert that I went to since my decision to be more healthy. My husband and I have been doing the fruits, veggies, beans, and nuts diet for two weeks and started a master cleanse today. Long story short, last night was the first sober concert I attended since high school. Lol. All my friends were partying and I was a good girl with my water. What Iʻm most proud about though is when we all went to 7eleven for the "after concert munchies" and I hung out and didnʻt eat anything. As much as I wanted to, I stuck to my water. Who knows if Iʻll be able to do that all the time...but Iʻm super stoked that I did it once :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

bethygirlie said
    I'm proud that I bought scrubs and they're a size small and I used to wear a 5XL. So yeah, I'm pretty proud of that. :)

Say WHAT???!!!!?????

You superstar you, I'm so proud of you---woooooow....from 5XL to size small, losing 235 big ole pounds, you're my shero! WOOT!!!!!:love:
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    I climbed a tree. Never done that before.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!