what are you proud of about yourself today?

Options

Replies

• MAV9855
    MAV9855 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of myself! I did a 5K challenge to support fight against child obesity. I was among the last group getting back , but made it!
  • AubreyLeong
    AubreyLeong Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow...awesome job!! That is so hard when your family is begging you to eat junk!! lol. I'm proud of myself for not making up excuses this morning and went and did my 80 minute workout! Almost talked myself out of it (since I had to work tonight I wanted to be able to spend time with the fam). But oh boy so glad I went...it felt good!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I'm so proud of myself! I did a 5K challenge to support fight against child obesity. I was among the last group getting back , but made it!

You're fabulous and I'm proud of you...I can't even run .0001k--Go girl! :drinker:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    You really made a big stride standing your ground. .husbands sabotage.. they don't mean too..but it stems from a fear that a wife's weight change will change the woman they love or their love for them. Kids do it..because they want to be the center of attention again. there are many reasons...but anyway... you did the right thing... stick with it!!!
    I'm super proud of my self right now. I have prepared a huge salad, veggies and baked potato for me and that and other things for the family to eat ( I'm on a 21 days Fast, where I'm only eating fruit, veggies, grains, nuts, seeds and abstaining from processed foods, meats, dairy, fried stuff and other things--just for 21 days). My hubby came home and suggested we go out to one of our favorite junk food places to eat dinner. He said we can eat the healthy stuff tomorrow. I told him no, I want to stay on this. Then he said come-on, you know you want this (he and the children are all slim and trim...I'm the only fat one in the house::blushing: :cry: :indifferent:

So, I said, okay.....

Then I looked at myself in the mirror, put my new bigger sized jeans on and they getting to big already in the waist. I said--No, I'm going to stick this out and you guys can go on ahead. This is a HUGE triumph and resisting temptation for me. It's not like 3 weeks is forever and I want to be ready spiritually, mentally and a bit more slimmer by springtime!

Then they all said, we'll pass too and what a great dinner it was. I'm doing this fast mainly for spiritual reasons, but also for my health and I'm thrilled and proud of myself!

What are you proud of today?!?
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    Options
    I didn't touch any of the pizza rolls my husband had for dinner!!
  • Geegeetoo
    Geegeetoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Last night was the first concert that I went to since my decision to be more healthy. My husband and I have been doing the fruits, veggies, beans, and nuts diet for two weeks and started a master cleanse today. Long story short, last night was the first sober concert I attended since high school. Lol. All my friends were partying and I was a good girl with my water. What Iʻm most proud about though is when we all went to 7eleven for the "after concert munchies" and I hung out and didnʻt eat anything. As much as I wanted to, I stuck to my water. Who knows if Iʻll be able to do that all the time...but Iʻm super stoked that I did it once :)

That's really tremendous--you ROCK and I'm proud of you!
  • tarabatton
    tarabatton Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Im proud that I woke up at 445a today and worked out for the first time in months, also I resisted the brownies in the doc office :)
  • Brandnewme150
    Brandnewme150 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I tried cooking with tofu for the first time today and it was a success I will be using it way more often. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I Walked 4 BIG miles today and in not so perfect weather--some of that walk included walking to the grocery store and back carrying what felt like 50 pounds back home. I definitely intended to ONLY do 30 minutes of outside walking, but it ended up almost 2 hours of walking time :smooched: :drinker: :drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I am so proud and praising God today because I just did a record walk for myself...2 hours straight, about 3.0mph and about 6 miles or so--that's way over 10,000 steps! If it's not a record for me, my feet say IT IS!:wink:

I'm making better choices in eating and drinking and even though the gang here are still enjoying lots of goodies and junk, I'm glad for them, I honestly am--but I'm on a mission and my mission does not include those things--so I'm pigging out on my stuff and the fam getting down on theirs and all is GOOD--it truly is. I'm so proud that I'm not interested in giving in and that I'm saying yes to the things I want to say yes to and no to the things I no longer want--so proud of that--thank YOU Lord for giving me the desire to change forever the way I'm eating, drinking, thinking, moving and living:drinker: !!!!
  • vynnette26
    vynnette26 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I really didn't want to go workout but I did so I am proud of myself for that.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    I challenged myself to riding 250 miles on the bike (mon-fri) and at the end of my ride today I am at 180 miles with two days to go
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I challenged myself to riding 250 miles on the bike (mon-fri) and at the end of my ride today I am at 180 miles with two days to go

WOW--BAM That is super fantastic goal and to have completed 180 miles already--ummmm, you ROCK sir, period. :drinker:
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I started a 60 day bootcamp here for spring 2013 challenge of losing 10+ pounds in February...I MADE IT!!! (kinda):wink: My official weigh-in days are on Sundays, but because it's the last/final day of the bootcamp I weighed in and am down thus far this week 1.2 pounds for a total of 9.7 pounds (but my homepage says 10 pounds).

The funny thing is, from the beginning of the bootcamp, the blasted scale wasn't moving from week to week but by minor 0.2, 0.4 tiny oz. Once I started my 90 day bootcamp of no coffee, meats, dairy, junk foods and eating only organic fruits, veggies, grains, hemp protein, nuts and seeds and sprouted unleavened breads and humanely raised, vegan feed from small farms meats when my body calls for it--the scale has been moving doward big-time...5 pounds in two weeks--I'm so VERY proud of that, Thank you Lord!
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for two reasons. First, I went out for a run even though it's really cold and gloomy outside. I originally decided not to go because I had no energy due to an early day at work and I wasn't feeling my best. But I knew I would only feel worse if I didn't go, so I forced myself to get out there and suck it up. The second reason I'm proud of myself is because I ran 10:15 minutes/mile, which while still slow is a HUGE accomplishment for me :) I usually run closer to 11:30 minutes/mile, so I was so surprised when I looked at my time! Maybe the cold was useful after all lol.
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I have family coming into town for Easter, will be hosting Easter dinner, will have kids home on Spring Break, plan to go to a couple of amusement parks, and plan to have an Easter Bunny cake, chocolate and jelly beans in the house. Today I figured out an eating plan to get through the next hectic 10 days. I would have never done this before. I will enjoy myself and indulge a little and there, all while staying in my calorie limits. :)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm proud that I weighed in on Friday (before my official weigh-in day on Sundays) and was down 1.2 pounds--I "snuck" and got on it again this evening (Saturday) and I'm down another .8 pounds--so looking forward to the official numbers tomorrow.

I'm also pleased as punch that my new way is eating is making me feel so much better in every way!
  • ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm proud that this weekend in spite of fierce weather outside I have gone out and exercised both days.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    I'm proud that this weekend in spite of fierce weather outside I have gone out and exercised both days.

Girl, I am so proud of you too!!!! I've been walking outside for the past 3 weeks at least 30 minutes, no matter the weather and isn't it amazing how we've avoided like the plague walking in cold or rainy weather...fearing the discomfort or inconvenience--when I've discovered these 3 weeks that walking in the cold and/or rain energizes me something fierce--I am finding that I actually LOVE walking in the cold and/or wet weather even more than beautiful weather. Walking in fierce weather somehow empowers me...not just mentally but physically. How I've ripped myself off for so many years thinking I can't live/function properly or do this or that or don't do this or that because it's uncomfortable/scary/inconvenient/HARD--pffffffff! Just dressing properly and/or carrying an umbrella--WOW!

You ROCK and thanks so much for posting!!!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!