Replies

• MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    Amazing job..
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for keeping it up and hanging in there :)
  • djjc76
    djjc76 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Hanging in there is well put. Its so easy to go up in weight so fast. Doesnt take much. You see the first 5lb drop and feel good. Then 20....then 35....then, wow, 50....and then it becomes like auto pilot. In fact, the food you used to crave arent so tempting like they used to be. Like re-programming the brain.

I thought I was meant to be fat. Was like this most of my life. But the body is ready when you are to make a change.
  • bearsfan67
    bearsfan67 Posts: 57
    Options
    Awesome!! Congratulations!!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You looked good even before losing the weight, but you look great now! What an amazing accomplishment!
  • Caverna
    Caverna Posts: 4
    Options
    You look like two different persons, that's amazing!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!
  • LeopardPrintedLove
    LeopardPrintedLove Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look younger! And happier! Super stoked for you!
  • ANuSeason
    ANuSeason Posts: 16
    Options
    What Inspiration! When I get a chance to come to the community side of MPF. Seeing people with stories like yours. I cant help but think Inspiration, , and Love for self (if you didn't love yourself. would you have put in all that work, learning healthier foods, exercise etc.. ). FOR me When I see things like your story, Perseverance pops in my head....Not just the "he looks good" (you do) but I see you took your life back, I see you are a person of health, I see you smiling (really smiling! You know how you see someone smile and it maybe a nice smile but the smile doesn't reach thier eyes? Well yours does In your after pics to me I see JOY! ) Thank you for sharing to encourage others like me that this too can be our future if we keep pressing forward. When the sweat,sometimes tears :0) and the perhaps struggle of that one moment choice ,looking back at the life of past and making a different choice for future. It is all worthy it! ( I have yet to hear anyone say, I would love to go back to feeling, and looking, Having the life I had before making this commitment for a change.) Congrats! Thank you for sharing!
  • djjc76
    Options
    What Inspiration! When I get a chance to come to the community side of MPF. Seeing people with stories like yours. I cant help but think Inspiration, , and Love for self (if you didn't love yourself. would you have put in all that work, learning healthier foods, exercise etc.. ). FOR me When I see things like your story, Perseverance pops in my head....Not just the "he looks good" (you do) but I see you took your life back, I see you are a person of health, I see you smiling (really smiling! You know how you see someone smile and it maybe a nice smile but the smile doesn't reach thier eyes? Well yours does In your after pics to me I see JOY! ) Thank you for sharing to encourage others like me that this too can be our future if we keep pressing forward. When the sweat,sometimes tears :0) and the perhaps struggle of that one moment choice ,looking back at the life of past and making a different choice for future. It is all worthy it! ( I have yet to hear anyone say, I would love to go back to feeling, and looking, Having the life I had before making this commitment for a change.) Congrats! Thank you for sharing!
    Thank you for your message. Yes, very joyous...I tell people I feel like a kid again because I have the energy I remember when I was younger. I can tie my shoes and still breath or do push ups.

Its amazing how fast the weight creeps up when "one lets themselves go"

Thanks again for the nice words.
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

My main form of exercise is walking. I use a pedometer and I target 45-60min per day, most days of the week.

I target fruits and veggies, target 1200 calories each day. I watch portion sizes.

Seriously, just walking? I need to remind myself of your success by just walking! Wow, you look amazing congrats!
  • djjc76
    Options
    Thank you!

My main form of exercise is walking. I use a pedometer and I target 45-60min per day, most days of the week.

I target fruits and veggies, target 1200 calories each day. I watch portion sizes.

Seriously, just walking? I need to remind myself of your success by just walking! Wow, you look amazing congrats!
    YES! Just walking.

I have a bad back and I am not runner so I hopped on the treadmill or slipped on my Nikes and went outside with my iPod and walked. A good 3mph and I broke it up during the day. 15min here, 10 min there, 30 min here, etc.

At 175lbs for a guy, you burn about 6 calories per minute. I target 2000 calories per week and go from there.

The majority of my weight loss was FOOD INTAKE. I say it accounted for 80-90% of my weight loss because there were times I slacked off and didnt walk but did well with food intake and still lost weight.
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

YES! Just walking.

THANK YOU! I will remember this and push myself to at least walk at first!

I have a bad back and I am not runner so I hopped on the treadmill or slipped on my Nikes and went outside with my iPod and walked. A good 3mph and I broke it up during the day. 15min here, 10 min there, 30 min here, etc.

At 175lbs for a guy, you burn about 6 calories per minute. I target 2000 calories per week and go from there.

The majority of my weight loss was FOOD INTAKE. I say it accounted for 80-90% of my weight loss because there were times I slacked off and didnt walk but did well with food intake and still lost weight.
  • jennymendiola
    jennymendiola Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congrats, you look GREAT!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Roger_Vaughn
    Roger_Vaughn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!! Congrats Man!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!! great job!!!
  • AmiC0717
    AmiC0717 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    You definitely are an inspiration. I hope all newbies see this post or ones like yours. However - I really hope they see yours and that this is possible by eating well and walking. People think they have to have expensive gym memberships and they don't! You are proof of that. Congrats to you!!!!!!!
  • vidasana87
    vidasana87 Posts: 75
    Options
    Stud :-)
  • PowerEqualsStrengthOverTime
    Options
    Awesome job, dude! The first thing I notice is how clear your jaw line is -- something I look forward to seeing in myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!