Outraged!

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    If you've even been in their stores this shouldn't be a shock. Their largest sizes barely fit a barbie doll. Plus they are horribly overpriced. His business isn't going to suffer. Just shop somewhere else and save the rage for the real troubles in the world.
  • OfficerFuzzy
    OfficerFuzzy Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    @RoadsterGirl:

I think the point isn't that they don't carry the sizes it's just you know, saying, there's only two types of people at school-- cool and uncool and you can't be popular or well liked if you're not a certain size.
    Even if it's a good marketing it's disgusting.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    They only sell like small-large shirts for guys.

I haven't been able to fit into that since about 6th grade.

Don't shop there, it's nothing to be outraged over..
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    who cares? its a private company, they can make their own decisions. this didn't affect you before today, why are you letting it affect you now?

^^This. If you don't like it then don't give them any of your money.
  • bonnieberginski
    Options
    Who wants to pay their prices for garage sale quality clothing?? I mean really?? Cut off sweat pants & faded wrn out t shirts?? You can get that shabby look a lot cheaper any where!! Hit a thrift store!! I hope that guy gets fat one day & gets a taste of his own medicene!
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I was surprised, but not angry.

A lot of people want to feel like they're part of some sexy, exclusive club. It's a smart business choice but a horrible moral decision in my point of view.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    A. Who cares?
    B. Really, outraged over this?
    C. Don't buy their clothes. Done and done.
    D. I do have to say though, the guy looks pretty darn horrible. It's funny that someone who looks like that is talking about only marketing to "good looking people." Guess he doesn't shop at his own store.
  • neil3125
    neil3125 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    they carry my size but i am not cool or popular enough to shop there
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I read about this too. The nerve of this guy. Thing is, he looks pretty horrid himself.
    wow you're right lol. I just looked him up, not that great looking in my books! ha.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Are you 15 years old? Is A&F a place you'd really like to get your clothes from?
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I wear a 12.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Look at this crap everyone.

Abercrombie and Fitch has decided that anyone over a size 10 jean isn’t sexy enough for their clothing line, and doesn’t want them shopping in their stores and sullying their clothes. They decided to only hire good looking people so that only good looking people will come into their store.

“It’s almost everything. That’s why we hire good-looking people in our stores. Because good-looking people attract other good-looking people, and we want to market to cool, good-looking people. We don’t market to anyone other than that,”

That is an actual quote from their CEO Mike Jeffries.

When comments like these are made, it's NO wonder we have eating disorders, dysmorphia, and problems with self esteem. Free speech notwithstanding, comments like these are irresponsible and not befitting of a CEO of a major corporation. I have nothing to worry about because it will be a goodly long while before I can get into anything A&F has, if ever.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Even superficial people need a place to shop.

I don't get it.
  • staplebug
    staplebug Posts: 189
    Options
    This dude is actually really ugly...
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I don't care if a company wants that to be its business model but the CEO seems like a doucher.
  • wadair
    wadair Posts: 31
    Options
    Mike Jeffries is a ****.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    The only people upset about this are not good looking people.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    @RoadsterGirl:

I think the point isn't that they don't carry the sizes it's just you know, saying, there's only two types of people at school-- cool and uncool and you can't be popular or well liked if you're not a certain size.
    Even if it's a good marketing it's disgusting.

That's his opinion and there are actually other quotes that say just that. However, most people weren't even aware of it until now. Do I agree, not at all but he is free to his opinion.
    You know, Lane Bryant really only hires plus-sized women to sell their clothes, and don't sell clothing smaller than a size 14. Is that an outrage? They don't really want to sell things to smaller sized people, and only market to larger people.

Same thing if you ask me. Now, is the CEO guy kind of a pretentious *kitten* with his words? Sure, but he's not doing anything different than most other stores.

Many other clothing stores do the same thing. There are restaurants/bars that only hire attractive waitresses.
  • wadair
    wadair Posts: 31
    Options
    Hmmm ... my four-letter naughty word is edited. But it's an accurate word! ; )