pregnancy doesn't "ruin" your body...

Options

Replies

• madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    Had the kid.. gained 80+ lbs while pregnant... worked my A%^ off (quite literally too) to get to where I am now.

I have stretch marks- LOTS of them. I still have some work to do/am not quite as tight/firm as I'd like to be... do I think my body is ruined because of some flub or stretch marks? HELL no.

I'm not sure what side of the bed some of you rolled out of, but dang! OP's post is inspiring and encouraging- not some insulting or discriminating thing. Gahhh...

I talked about stretch marks and I personally feel as though they ruined my body. Everyone feels differently about their "battle scars." I don't want the OP to think that I am angry or insulted bc I'm not. I'm proud of where I am today with my health and fitness. I'll never look like I did when I was 19, but I can still be toned and within a healthy weight range. I just think that it is important for future mothers to know that sometimes it's not easy to just "bounce" back.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    bostonandie wrote:
    All I'm gonna say is that it never ceases to amaze me what lengths folks on the Internet will go to just to avoid saying "My bad, I probably shouldn't have said that."
    ^^^ Hero
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Bah, WOW!!! I don't find that my pregnancy at 31 ruined my body, and I don't find that genetics really played that much of a roll in it. If you look at my family you would see a population of people who are more over wieght than not. I thought that as an active late 20 - early 30 year old woman I was destined to carry the weight of my family and that was that. Are my breasts as perky as they were before I had my son? Nope, but they are amazaing and beautiful in their own right as they were his primary source of nutrition for 12 months and a secondary source for 4 months longer (not to say that I'm not going to have them done, I work on the rest of me, why shouldn't I do something about them too?). 9 months post pregnancy I was wearing a bikini with confidence. I have stretchmarks across my hips and lower abdomen, but I love them . . .

Pregnancy taught me that my body is capable of way more than I was giving it credit for . . . it was empowering and special. I didn't have an easy pregnancy, I gained 60 pounds to have a 6 pound 13 ounce baby, in the middle they told me I was high risk for deformities and about that time I became too sensitive in my cootch to find sex anything but painful, at the end they wanted to put me on bed rest (we had a baby instead). I also didn't have it as tough as others as I don't have any permanent nerve damage. I didn't think that my loose skin would ever go back, I didn't think I'd ever weight less than I did before I became a mother. Every woman's experience is different, but that doesn't mean that the her statement that you don't have to give up just becuase you're a mom isn't valid. She's not judging mom's for their struggle, she's simply stating that for a relatively normal pregnancy (and sometimes not a normal pregnancy) it's not the end of your body. Damn!
  • kawickham85
    kawickham85 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ok so you look amazing after having kids but please please tell me that you pee a little when you sneeze, cough, or do jumping jacks:) That would make me feel 1000 times better about your lack of stretch marks and belly pooch LOL!!

My pregnancies did not "ruin" my body but certainly changed it. But I would not trade my post baby body for my pre baby body because my two little angels are totally worth it!!

does the fact i have *kitten* grapes make you feel any better?
  • madworld1
    Options
    Ok so you look amazing after having kids but please please tell me that you pee a little when you sneeze, cough, or do jumping jacks:) That would make me feel 1000 times better about your lack of stretch marks and belly pooch LOL!!

My pregnancies did not "ruin" my body but certainly changed it. But I would not trade my post baby body for my pre baby body because my two little angels are totally worth it!!

HAHAHA!!! Now, that is funny. Good one OP.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    My impression is if you were athletic before pregnancy you will come through it in much better shape than if not.

Steve
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Angry moms make the best mobs.

Join MADD or something. Do something productive with all that energy.

If you're unsure of the truth of this statement, join a parenting site . . . it's scary in there . . .
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    LOL what the hell are *kitten* grapes?
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Had the kid.. gained 80+ lbs while pregnant... worked my A%^ off (quite literally too) to get to where I am now.

I have stretch marks- LOTS of them. I still have some work to do/am not quite as tight/firm as I'd like to be... do I think my body is ruined because of some flub or stretch marks? HELL no.

I'm not sure what side of the bed some of you rolled out of, but dang! OP's post is inspiring and encouraging- not some insulting or discriminating thing. Gahhh...

I talked about stretch marks and I personally feel as though they ruined my body. Everyone feels differently about their "battle scars." I don't want the OP to think that I am angry or insulted bc I'm not. I'm proud of where I am today with my health and fitness. I'll never look like I did when I was 19, but I can still be toned and within a healthy weight range. I just think that it is important for future mothers to know that sometimes it's not easy to just "bounce" back.

It wasn't easy for me either.. not by any means. It took (still takes) a lot of gym time and changes... I didn't bounce back.. I worked to get back. I'll never look like I did at 19... I have hips now, my body and metabolism are different and yep- lots of stretch marks.. still don't think of that as ruined.

I hope that you can come to terms with your stretch marks and body- it's not ruined.. just different.
  • kawickham85
    Options

you do not want to know.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    i dont want to have three children. the idea of children outnumbering the parents freak me out.

LOL! Love it!

I had one kid. There's this issue here in the US called unemployment or too many people, not enough jobs. Be green.

:huh:
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options

It took me 2 years to get rid of that . . . and a crap ton of kegels. Still can't run in place and have to cross my legs when I sneeze . . . but as long as I cross my legs I'm fine.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Angry moms make the best mobs.

Join MADD or something. Do something productive with all that energy.

If you're unsure of the truth of this statement, join a parenting site . . . it's scary in there . . .

^This. I derped into BabyCenter not knowing it was the friggin Mommy Octagon. Lesson learned.
  • kawickham85
    Options
    and with that (that being a toddler awaking from her slumber), i'm outta here.
  • IamOnMywayNow
    IamOnMywayNow Posts: 470 Member
    Options

Just a little:)
  • madworld1
    Options

It wasn't easy for me either.. not by any means. It took (still takes) a lot of gym time and changes... I didn't bounce back.. I worked to get back. I'll never look like I did at 19... I have hips now, my body and metabolism are different and yep- lots of stretch marks.. still don't think of that as ruined.

I hope that you can come to terms with your stretch marks and body- it's not ruined.. just different.

I am getting better with it. I guess one way to look at it is that no one will ever have their 19-year-old body forever. Plus, as we get older it becomes more about working out for health and less for vanity. And, I love my son more than anything. In the long run they were worth it. :)
  • WanderingLass
    WanderingLass Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm here to tell you that it doesn't ruin your body and you will bounce back quickly.

I think this line right here is what people are frustrated with. IMO, it sounds like a line from an infomercial. And it is very much so a blanket statement. You are saying "this is what WILL happen"...not "this is something within the realm of possibility."

You had no intent to harm -- it's all in the phrasing.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options

I am getting better with it. I guess one way to look at it is that no one will ever have their 19-year-old body forever. Plus, as we get older it becomes more about working out for health and less for vanity. And, I love my son more than anything. In the long run they were worth it. :)

Yes ma'am! I see a ton of chicks who hit 24 or 25 and hit that first metabolic slump and gain 30 lbs with no idea why :-) At least we got AWESOME little lovies out of it! haha

ETA: I love my body more now than I ever did before pregnancy and getting fat(ty). I EARNED this body with a whole lot of work and sweat. I'm enjoying molding it and working to change it... and I appreciate it that much more.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

you do not want to know.

But we DO want to know!
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

you do not want to know.

But we DO want to know!

Most likely she's referring to very inflamed hemorrhoids.
This discussion has been closed.