Petite girls r u struggling w last 10 pounds??? 5'1" - 5'3"

Options

Replies

• amandaj1966
    amandaj1966 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Right girls, I have found out that there's many of us shorties that are struggling with our last bit of weight, please someone come up with a plan that will help us all. Someone must have the answer!!!! :wink:
  • gottogetinshape
    gottogetinshape Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm another shortie (5' 3) who is trying to lose the flab. I was unintentionally super-skinny for years (it's in the genes on my dad's side) and then in the last 3 years or so I've put on too many pounds to mention and they're all on my thighs, hips, and stomach. I'm so out of proportion and although I haven't had it measured, I know that I have way too much fat on my body. It seems like my body has decided to go with the Greek side of my family and I'm just becoming a short, fat, blob. My weight doesn't sound that high but it's all fat, with only tiny bones and not much muscle. Us short people need to find a way to fight the flab! :)

I tell people I'm a fat skinny person and they just mock me but it's true. I have SO much flab on parts of my body and then I have the skinniest wrists and ankles. I've never ever liked my body and I want to improve it and my health and get to like and respect it!
  • mlm7126
    mlm7126 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm happy I saw this thread too. I used MFP pretty regularly over a year ago, but stopped because I was starting to get obsessive about counting calories. For the last year, I have been going to a wonderful boot camp place twice a week. In January, I drastically changed my eating habits and have (for the most part) been eating clean. I also run a few times a week in addition to the boot camp classes.

Needless to say, I was pretty disappointed when I started to see the weight creep back on. After talking to one of the trainers, he suggested the following for me (I'm passing this on in case anyone might see themselves in the same boat):
    - Increase water consumption
    - Don't run at a slow, steady pace...involve interval training to really get the heart rate up
    - Make sure to vary the types of fruit you eat and have more berries
    - Increase weights/resistance at boot camp...even if it is just a few reps, the increase will make a big difference

So after a good cry and a trip to the Indian food buffet, I am back at it tomorrow. It was really disheartening to not see the results I would like after working hard. I'm going to incorporate the suggestions from the trainer and try to keep the positive outlook! Definitely looking to connect with others that are going through the same thing.

Good luck to all!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow lil' ones!
    I'm 5'3 - I started this journey in 2009 at 155 lbs. I'm now 125 lbs. I've gotten down to 112 lbs and maintained for a year, There have been a lot of road blocks, moments of failure and moments of success. A couple of things I have found (my own opinion, obviously):

1. That magical number isn't going to bring you eternal happiness. A sense of accomplishment? maybe. True happiness? never.
    2. Wearing a zero doesn't match up to the hype I thought it would. I was surprised to learn that zeros also come in all shapes and sizes.

MOST IMPORTANT LESSON I'VE LEARNED.
    3. Every day is shaped by a million little decisions. This applies to every area of your life. If you want to be successful, whether it is professionally, romantically, or physically, you MUST internalize the principle that every decision you make brings you closer or farther away from the person you want to be and the goal you have in mind. Successful people are simply doing the things they don't feel like doing.

try not eating that mini gluten free cookie that you think won't hurt you - watch the power of that small decision transform your thinking.

Enough Preachin' GREAT JOB LADIES!!!!

:noway: :noway: :noway:
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

This coming from a girl that barely clears 800-900 cals a day!!
    I was almost gonna FR you till I read ur food journal.
  • moonbaby12
    moonbaby12 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    girl that is muscle and you are at a super healthy weight for your height. I totally get what you mean! I am a teeny bit taller than you and hover between 108-110. Used to be between 102-104. But I think I was too skinny then! Trying not to worry as much about the numbers and more about overall health.
  • michellelemorgan
    michellelemorgan Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I definitely struggle with that. I feel I'm always complaining that when I gain 5 pounds it's like a regular sized person gaining ten pounds. Actually, I was just nearly in tears about it to my husband about half an hour ago so it's pretty funny that you brought this up. I feel my most comfortable around 110 and I'm around 120 (guessing) right now too. I'm hoping it goes away soon because I can see it all over my body. I wish I had advice for you. It's really hard to keep it off.
  • laurenmehrhoff
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'3" and it took me about 5 months to lose only 11 pounds! I still want to lose around 10 pounds but the scale wouldn't budge and some weeks the exact amount of weight i WANT to lose is the amount i GAINED that week! So frustrating! I'm looking everywhere for some tips but this is the second kind of food diary plan I've tried, the other being Weight Watchers, and nothing is working! If anybody has some tips I would really appreciate, I feel desperate!

P.S. I workout 6 times a week and usually have eggs on a english muffin for breakfast, a salad with a side of protein for lunch, and whatever my family's eating for dinner... I also have realized that I may not be eating enough since I'm usually under my calorie goal!
  • lisa493
    lisa493 Posts: 1
    Options
    Iam 5ft2 &120 pounds trying to loose these last 15 stubborn pounds
  • onbk
    onbk Posts: 1
    Options
    maybe if you forget about thd lbs things mught help if you're going to the gym you're gaining muscle and loosing fat! fat weighs A LOT LESS than muscle so go by inches around your stomach just keep going
  • nfpswife
    nfpswife Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Arrghh, yes!! I'm 5'3" and normally around 130. Trying so hard for 115-125, but can't seem to kick it in gear enough to drop them!
  • dvolpe54
    dvolpe54 Posts: 1
    Options
    Omg your not the only one, you sound like me. In order for me to lose 10 lbs I have to cut down to 1000 cal a day,small portions 3oz protein 1 cup green veg like broccoli and 3oz sweet potato.I need to start now.Good luck!
  • angeltg
    angeltg Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My problem is staying motivated!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I can sure identify with those who are frustrated and having trouble staying motivated
    I've been on here just over 6 months. At 5'3", I have gone from 147.5 to 120.5 ( a HALF pound from goal!!!) only to have the scale creep back up to 122 and have been playing this insane 2lb. game for a month w/o ever seeing goal weight. This am I was 120.5 for the second day in a row----maybe, maybe, maybe THIS week!!!! Fingers crossed.
  • ShortNstuck
    ShortNstuck Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm barely 5' and now at 121 pounds (down from 132 last fall!!). I am at my most comfortable (physically) between 105-110. I was 109 in the spring of 2011, and gained 23 pounds from May 2011 to October 2012 - thanks to depression, depression medication, and probably my age (I'm 36).
    My doctor was not pleased with the weight gain & told me to change my eating habits & hire a trainer. I did and lost 13 pounds between October 2012-December 2012. Have since gained back 2 pounds, and just cannot seem to even get below 120 anymore!
    I am very small framed & small boned. The weight gain didn't come in the form of muscle, only fat -and it looks very disproportionate! I actually LOOK heavier than I am because I'm so short & the weight isn't balanced.

As all of the other shorties on here have said, 5 pounds on a shorty is like 10 on an average height person!!!
  • thesoundgal
    Options
    Hey guys. I'm new on here. I'm 5'3" and right now at 126 with 22.1% body fat. I just starting logging my food and exercise as I am looking to get to my goal of 115 lbs. I have been hovering around 128-130 for the last 5 years and until recently was not really watching what I eat -- Croissants for breakfast, drinking wine like it was water, and not really paying attention to portion sizes. I've been working out on the elliptical a few times a week for the last year, but the scale hasn't budged. It's my diet...

I've cut out alcohol and pasta/rice for the time being. I've starting running outside (a total first for me!) - I can run around 4k at the moment. I'd like to train for 10k, with the hopes that a exercise training schedule and the goal to complete it will motivate me to be consistent with exercise. I do elliptical on my off days and I'm using resistance bands for arm work (but I don't log the resistance training).

My BMR is around 1700. I set my food goal to that on MFP, although I aim for about 1200-1300 net per day with trying to eat back my workout calories. I set my food goal to 1700 so that I can see the deficit calories as 'calories remaining'.

Anyway, looking for other people to befriend on here - to share our food diaries and journeys. Thanks!
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    4ft 11
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Working on my last 15---wish it was easy!
  • kristenbel
    kristenbel Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any luck since these posts?! Im in the same boat. 120 and 5'2...!
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Been a bit since I posted here............update...........I'm 5'3" and 61 yrs. old with severe osteoporsis and some (so far, knock wood)non-problematic cardiac issues, started in mid-Jan. at close to 150, reached goal mid-July.......120......and have been between 122 and 118 since then. This am 120.5. Not the most lost or the fastest, but if I can do it, YOU CAN TOO!!! Hang in there!!!
  • sheetal_2011
    Options
    I know how you feel!! SO frustrating! I've been out of working out and eating and living healthy for a while now but since starting 3 weeks ago, it seems like I haven't lost anything!!