What is your NSV for today?

Options

Replies

• mindymh78
    mindymh78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I ran 7 miles today nonstop! My longest distance EVER! Next weekend is 8 miles! Can't wait. I've got the running bug :tongue:
  • LuckyMunky
    LuckyMunky Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    NSV = Non Scale Victory

Today I realized that I was pulling my jeans up several times a minute because they were too big and kept falling down! I also managed to pull them down to go on the potty without undoing the button or zipper. I guess it's time for a belt.
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I ran 7 miles today nonstop! My longest distance EVER! Next weekend is 8 miles! Can't wait. I've got the running bug :tongue:

congrats!!!
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    March 14, 2013
    Chest -39
    Waist- 41
    Hips-42

May 13, 2013
    Chest-39
    Waist-35
    Hips-40

This is so amazing for me because this is doing it the "right" way with calorie deficit, some cardio and lifting weights.
  • itslucyr
    itslucyr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I got home from work, got changed into my running gear and went to round up my boyfriend (much fitter than me but is doing C25K with me for moral support!). He looked out of the window and said 'are you SURE you want to go running?' and I realised that yes, I really was! I ended up leaving him at home on the sofa and doing week 3 day 1 by myself - and loving it!
  • credessa
    credessa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Making a date with one of my sons to go for a walk this afternoon. With twins, I have to schedule one on one time. I may walk a little slower than I'd like for fitness reasons but to hear my baby say, " I love it when its just me and you mommy"... Makes my day.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i'm wearing some old pants i dug out of the box of skinny clothes. they aren't my skinniest but i hadn't been able to wear them since packing them away during my pregnancy in favor of maternity clothes. I'd had to buy new clothes post pregnancy that fit since this batch didn't once i had the baby and slimmed down a little. i didn't slim down enough. so yeah, i'm sitting here in hot cali in air conditioned comfort wearing a pair of 2005 corduroys. so sue me.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    My NSV is a little different.... I have not had any success lately at all, so I have changed what I'm doing (mixing it up so to speak). I am trying the TDEE method (I know, I should have been doing that from the beginning). Today is my first full day of doing it, and already I have more energy than normal. Typically by this time in the afternoon I am yawning and wanting to sleep... today I am feeling great, and I'm ready to go home, get the baby and go to the park for a walk!
  • jididier
    jididier Posts: 10
    Options
    Put on some dress pants today that have been tight for MONTHS, and they were looser! Not a huge victory, but a victory nonetheless!
  • handeye
    handeye Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    my watch is loose on my wrist! soon i will have to get it resized :)
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I started to take my dog for a third walk today. But, she did her business and turned around and wanted to go back home after only half a block. Guess she can't take handle another long walk lol.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Went crazy on my core workout tonight and did twice as many hip dips as usual. :)
  • gilhawld
    gilhawld Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    First time posting but had to share this! Had my wedding dress fitting and, now that the dress has been taken in (!) and fits properly, it looks great and I felt so amazing!

I had dreaded the thought of shopping for a wedding dress as I felt so big. I still can't quite believe I've actually made it to my goal weight. Think my head will take a while to catch up with my body! Now I can't wait to show off my dress on the big day, whereas before I would have dreaded it!:happy:
  • griffga1
    griffga1 Posts: 31
    Options
    Down one more hole in my belt.

Realized yesterday that I am no longer obese.
    Overweight yes, but not obese anymore!
    19 more pounds until I am normal.
    Can't wait to reach that goal.
  • knitbytes
    knitbytes Posts: 114
    Options
    Today I'm wearing a dress that I haven't worn for five years- almost to the day. I last wore it to my college graduation ceremony on May 17th, 2008, and since then I haven't been able to get it zipped up. Today it finally fits!!
  • JennieCakes72
    JennieCakes72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a pair of pants I haven't worn in five years! Was so excited when I put them on this morning and they fit! :smile:
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    pulled out my last year's shorts for summer and realizing they were too big. Then pulling out my shorts from years ago that I were too small for me but I kept anyways for when I lost weight and -- ta da! They were too big.

downside- my favorite pants and jeans no longer fit and I'm too broke to buy all new clothes.

I'm in the same position...even with my dresses!! Have to find a new little black dress now.
  • EAPTX
    EAPTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    First time posting but had to share this! Had my wedding dress fitting and, now that the dress has been taken in (!) and fits properly, it looks great and I felt so amazing!

I had dreaded the thought of shopping for a wedding dress as I felt so big. I still can't quite believe I've actually made it to my goal weight. Think my head will take a while to catch up with my body! Now I can't wait to show off my dress on the big day, whereas before I would have dreaded it!:happy:

Congratulations - both on the weight loss and the upcoming wedding! Many people (myself included) try to do this and don't succeed, with all the excitement surrounding the wedding, the planning stress, etc. You're amazing!
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    needed to buy new jeans over the weekend... last september I was a 42... the last pair I bought a month ago were a 34... this weekend I fit into a 32 but like the fit of a 33 better... hard to believe...
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    downside- my favorite pants and jeans no longer fit and I'm too broke to buy all new clothes.

Go to Goodwill for 'weight-loss' clothes. My wife has lost 25 pounds and has gone from a 14 to a 10. She got 3 pairs of jeans for like $20.

Salvation Army is decent. I love Savers! http://www.savers.com/thrift-store-shopping.aspx So far, I've gone twice in the last 5 months to donate clothes that are too big and buy clothes that fit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!