Abercrombie and Fitch CEO "hates fat chicks"

Options

Replies

• meadow_sage
    meadow_sage Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i don't understand how this is such a big deal just because he finally said it... have you never been in a A&F store? it's obvious they hate bigger people...
    I have never been in an A&F because I already wouldn't buy their stuff because there is no way I would spend good money on cheap t-shirts. NO way ever.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    There are many many many companies that do this... they just don't advertise it.... WHY do you think Lululemon only goes to size 12??

Pretty much.....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    There are many many many companies that do this... they just don't advertise it.... WHY do you think Lululemon only goes to size 12??

Pretty much.....

They also don't go smaller than a size 2.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options

Pretty much.....

They also don't go smaller than a size 2.
    They "hate skinny chicks"
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Haters_Gonna_Hate_23.jpg
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    What is wrong with developing a business model that caters to slender people?

Should slender women hate Torrid?

I dont hear skinny chicks bemoaning Lane Bryant......

There is nothing wrong with developing a business model that caters to slender people. I don't even think that is the greatest source of the outrage. I think was ticks people off the most is that he is blatantly stating that he is holding his customers to a standard of beauty that he does not meet himself. It is obvious that he is not attractive enough to work at one of his own stores.

He had to know that this was going to blow up in his face and if he didn't he was asleep at the wheel. He is going to turn away some customers as a result of these statements plain and simply.

While there will be business lost there will also be business gained and he has to be counting on the gain being greater than the loss. I am hesitant to mention this part because it might anger people further but I do think he knew this would piss people off and I do think he did this on purpose.

There is an economic concept known as the "positional good." It is when something has value attributed to it specifically because it is not possessed by others. By telling everyone that his clothing lines are exclusionary he actually creates a desire in some people to have their cloths. People will feel a sense of status by virtue of the fact that they are able to wear the A&F clothing.

Some people will refuse to wear his cloths because they aren't shallow but he is banking on the assumption that his customer base is made up of shallow people. He wants people to feel a sense of superiority when they wear his cloths. A sort of "I can wear it and you can't." mentality.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    1aa5b37bd70265c7d4cbd589c607a361.jpg
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I have a limited supply of outrage and have none to waste on this company.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

LMFAO!
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options

LMFAO!

LOL it looks like his face fell off and someone smooshed it back on.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_mmi32yxR901qz4rgp.png

Isn't that their CEO?

He totally is :bigsmile:

ScreenShot2013-05-15at21039PM.png

Combatting perceived shaming with blatant shaming? Mature.
    I don't give a rats *kitten* who he wants to sell his clothes too.

The likeness is remarkable.
  • BrookieHatesCookies
    BrookieHatesCookies Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mmjr4viMIA1rsu9ouo1_500.png

HOLY EWW
  • yenilopez1985
    yenilopez1985 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    k-bigpic.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words. If my kid wanted to model for this guy, i'd draw the line. seriously.

Man is he ugly!!!!.... fat can go away with diet and exercise.... that face I dont think plastic surgery would fix it......well may be he already had it lol
    On another note i dont ever bother to go into that store, clothes dont fit :( and they are way too expensive, i can get something a lot cuter at torrid for just about the same money... even better yet i could get something cuter at walmart!!!
  • HealthyLifestyleG525
    HealthyLifestyleG525 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I love A&F.... it lets me identify whos a *kitten* without even having to talk to them. On the other hand I hate their stores and the all out assault on my senses they are making by spraying that damn pefume in the air. Walking past A&F is worse than walking past a yankee hill candle store. I can seriously smell the local A&F from across the mall. It is non consensual.

Haha ^^This^^

Ironic too that one of the ugliest men I've ever seen says he only wants good looking people wearing his product.... he must not wear his own clothes then.

THis^^^^^^^^^^^
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    this thread is still alive...smh.:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • fivesilentmiles
    fivesilentmiles Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump to read later.
    I read an article today and I think I officially know why I've disliked Abercrombie & Fitch since high school.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hey A&F CEO...i'm fat, you're ugly...i can lose weight.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Well my reaction was :explode:

First thing I wondered was, how 'attractive' is this guy when he claims that only 'thin and beautiful' people can wear Abercrombie? He definitely isn't the most attractive guy I've ever seen (Average in my opinion, but then again I've been told I have peculiar taste in men :wink: ). Look who's talking Jeffries.
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Abercrombie XL = Kohl's M

It's just not a clothing store for larger folks.

And who the fvck pays $60 for a $3 teeshirt advertising A&F's logo on it? Idiots.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Abercrombie XL = Kohl's M

It's just not a clothing store for larger folks.

And that is the reason someone like me can't shop at stores like Kohls, where the extra small is so big it should really be labeled a medium.